(Topic ID: 133608)

Elektra switch issue

By brenna98

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brenna98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have a few switches out that all seem to have the same common wire (white with brown stripe)
The switches are: middle top standup, middle main standup, middle lower left and right, left out lane, and the 2 shooter lane rollovers.
I've redone the connectors on the MPU and checked the connectivity to the switch.
Any suggestions?

#3 8 years ago

I forgot to mention that I get the same results with the original MPU and a new alltek.

#4 8 years ago

Need help bump..

#6 8 years ago

ok, that was my next stop. I see that 0.05 mfd 16volt caps are recomemded and a 1N4001 or 1N4004 diod can be used.
Crossing my fingers that radioshack has the caps...
I'll report back.

#9 8 years ago

ok, I replaced all the caps and diods on the nonworking switches. No change.
Now i'm back to looking at connectors and looking for breaks in the daisy chain....

#10 8 years ago

Ok, this issue is still driving me nuts.
I redid all the connectors on the MPU and solenoid driver board, replaced all the caps and diodes on the associated switches, and just rebuilt the bridge rectifier board. Still, no response from the switches : (
I know that the J2 connector has all the switch pulse and return wires, but these all look to have good connection running from the beginning of the wire to each switch.
Looks like white w/brown is the return wire and this has connection when I touch all switches.
What's weird is, sometimes all the switches will work, but only for a few hits, then they go out again.
Any more suggestions for me to try???

#11 8 years ago

monday morning bump...

#12 8 years ago

tuesday morning bump...

3 weeks later
#14 8 years ago

Found the issue!
After rebuilding the solenoid driver board, bridge rectifier board, and repining all the connectors, and replacing the diodes and caps on the associated switches.
I found short was traced to the wires going to the coin door. The bundle of wires was being pinched over the years by the coin return mech, so this was grounding out those switches.
I guess the lesson learned here, is that not all switches are listed in the matrix; cabinet switches are not listed and can be the cause.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brenna98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-switch-issue?tu=brenna98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.