6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by igo4rams
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider igo4rams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have worked out most the the sound problems on my Elektra Squawk and Talk board but one. First let me say, someone in the recent past did some work on this board (new caps, looks like new eproms and new U16) not bad work. Was missing all sounds intermittently, that was a bad fuse on power board for the GI lighting. Problem: Missing some phrases (speech) maybe two or three not sure. When I push the test button on the ST board I hear one phrase that is missing. Now I did a lot of reading and checking, man is there some deep info out there. I don't have a lot of high tech tools, no scope, just a volt meter so please keep that in mind. This board may not be the original board and because of the work done on it, I am thinking "jumpers". I am finding mixed info out there. I found a site that says if speech is required install J and remove H I have H jumped and not J. then another site says make these jumps for: Elektra C, E, G, Q, S, U, W, Y, BB, D, H, DD, N, EE, and L or K also found all the EE jumpers are cut but that may because the board has a ay-3-8912 chip in U12 because one site says: If U12 is present, remove EE jumpers (5 of them) if not present install EE jumpers (5 of them). Board sounds great, I think all background sounds are there and most speech is there, just missing a few. Is it possible that Elektra should have both the EE jumpers and an ay-3-8912 chip in U12 and what about jumpers J and H? Yes, self test button # 18 is on 3 and yes, Mpu sw #30 is on. Now that I said that, that is one of the phrases that is missing: "Prepare for the Gamma Dimension" Not doing a thing till I hear back. Oh, I have a Alltek MPU Thanks

#3 6 years ago

Reset the pot? Not sure what you mean.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for the clarification, that is what I thought. I am thinking it could be the eproms. The phrase that is missing does play when the test button is pushed but not during game play. Does anyone know where to down load the eproms for Elektra Squawk and Talk board?

#8 6 years ago

Thanks, I think you may be right on the roms. I will check the connections.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider igo4rams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-squawk-and-talk-board-problemquestions?tu=igo4rams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.