6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1513889036400-88324461 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171220_225151 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waffen_spain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi folks,

Getting closer to really finish my Elektra, but now I have an issue with the sounds.

During a game most of the switches does the same sound effect, and many of them try to play a voice call, so during a game all you can hear is "you are.. you...you are entering...youyouyou"

Replaced the mpu with my fireball II, and sound works perfect... so sound board its ok imo.

Any clue about where should I start to look?

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Ive found 3 dark, nearly crispy resistors at R101,102,103, replaced them but all 3 tested ok.

Any ideas?

IMG_20171220_225151 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_225151 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Done! The PIA at U11 was bad.

The MPU does the 7 flashes so you may think PIAS are OK... Wrong!

Replacing the PIA SOLVED the problem, testing the bad PIA on another board reproduces the problem.

1513889036400-88324461 (resized).jpg1513889036400-88324461 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from srcdube:

I've been struggling with incorrect tones on my paragon... not convinced anymore that it's the soundcard but don't really have another system to try it in.
Are you able to see any difference in any pin characteristics between the good and bad PIA's... voltage levels on pins? Mine don't have anything stuck high or low, but levels could be off. Just wondering if there's anything I could check that may indicate a PIA is bad.

I've reading your post about your sound problems, sadly I cant help you much since I dont have a logic probe, Im Lucky to have other pins with same boards so I can test easily.

My MPU said with 7 flashes that PIAs were OK but I know the problem was at the MPU, cos replacing the board solved the problem.

Your situation is another, you dont have boards to swap and test, so you need to relay on individual components test.

Since your problem is not about playing the wrong sound, but playin the sound incorrectly, I believe the problem is at your Sound Board, since I don't think the MPU is related in any way in the process of reading and playing the sounds from the SB eproms.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Great... all good feedback. I do know someone local who has a Harlem Globetrotters... I may beg them to try out my card . Have a great Christmas!

Dude I know your pain hahahaha I would let you use my MPU and SB but we are too far, I hope you fix it soon, you are really working hard on that SB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waffen_spain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-plays-wrong-sounds?tu=waffen_spain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.