• Latest reply 7 days ago by RandyW
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Reproduction parts would you be interested in for Your Elektra Machine?”

• A Complete Plastics Set for your Elektra By CPR 58 votes
    29%
  • A complete New Playfields SET Including Upper, Main PF, and Bottom Bonus Playfields by CPR. 60 votes
    30%
  • Reproduction Production Backglass By CPR 29 votes
    15%
  • Reproduction of The Original Prototype BackGlass That was Censored. 51 votes
    26%

(Multiple choice - 198 votes by 121 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_212311 (resized).jpg
20240329_114038 (resized).jpg
20240329_113344 (resized).jpg
20240318_211852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231222_154929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_170117 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_154557 (resized).jpg
Elektra lower (resized).JPG
Elektra upper (resized).JPG
Electra Main (resized).JPG
Elektra score cards 2 (resized).jpg
Elektra score cards 1 (resized).jpg
DSCF8621 (resized).JPG
DSCF7359 (resized).JPG
received_3097864623853848 (resized).jpeg
received_1451838428923959 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago

I have had the vector artwork done on the bottom playfield now for the past 3 years, however, the project was shut down due to the 3 Playfields issue (it's like making 2 Different Playfield Titles)....however, if we were to get enough interest in this project I may have some amunition to re-visit the idea of repro'ing this PF Set, keeping in mind that it woiuld be more expensive as it would be a 3 Playfield Set ( we lost our asses on the Black Knight Double PF Set & we are Not about to do that again )........
Stu

#22 10 years ago

I knew this topic would come up quick!....The only way to do this set is as a 3 PF Set. If we did it as a 2 PF Set (Upper & Basement) ALOT of people would buy them right away > a good thing? > Not in the least!....Most customers would return them Immediately as they would never Color Match their "existing" FADED Main PF. And we all know that "blue ink" fades badly & Everyone's PF would Color Fade Differently....We would be stuck with all the sets Forever & never sell any, AND we would be at a Financial Loss forever on this project. Again, the only way this PF set would ever happen is a 3 Piece Set....Hoping everyone understands "why".....

#24 10 years ago

The "re-screening" was ONLY for those that supplied a used playfield for the CNC Cad File creation, it was a way of saying Thank You as a compensation. We did away with this service years ago.....

Quoted from Hellfire:

But then again dont CPR provide a rescreening process as a service as well?

#33 10 years ago

I can tell you this much, Unless someone steps up with a MINT NOS Original "prototype" Backglass for scanning/artwork it will never be an option.

#37 10 years ago

it would pretty much "have to be" original, that's the point I was trying to make about the prototype.....

#38 10 years ago

So far we have 4 people who want to buy Plastics Sets, 2 people wanting to buy a Playfield Set & 2 people wanting to buy a Backglass.....it's not looking good at all (which is why we haven't already done them)......

#41 10 years ago

60-75 depending on how many colors there are......that's to "break-even" > not be profitable.....at the Break-even point is where we start to 'consider' the project.....Keep in mind that we have 65 other projects going that we "know" will be profitable....

1 month later
#61 10 years ago

I don't think we could sell 100 of the Elektra Backglasses, even if it was the prototype.....that's why I've never scanned my mint glass for a repro......

#63 10 years ago

yup

#69 10 years ago

It's more about spending 1000 hours "drawing" the vector art than it is 'selling' 100 sets of plastics. Don't get wrong here, I still believe that we can't sell 100 sets, or even 50 sets for that matter, but it's more about spending ALL that time drawing a project that probably will end up costing us money in losses. I would rather spend that same 1000 hours working on 3 other popular plastic sets that Will sell and make a profit to help us stay in business.....

However, as bob mentioned prior, at some point down the road we will probably end up doing them.....And if you ask me "when" I'll laugh & say "mayby 5-6 years"...LOL My way of saying dont bug me about it as I have already said what I can for now....

On the other hand, "IF" I can get approval to do the Playfield Trilogy, then we would of course do the Plastics and Backglass as well so that people could do a full restoration of their games, but I have been trying for years to get the green-light on the PF set.....Still a No-Go at this point.....

Quoted from Hellfire:

unless someone prepays for like 50 sets of plastics maybe

1 year later
#193 9 years ago

or you could just buy a new one ( plexi ).....When I sent mine to Kevin for the Repro I had him make about 30 or so, but they are long sold out ( I believe we sold them for $79/ea. )

There is one on eBay right now:
ebay.com link: Bally Elektra Pinball Machine Playfield Plexiglass Covering New M 1960 Free Ship

#195 9 years ago

actually I bought an old used populated playfield just to scrap it for parts....took about 10 minutes to get the plexi out, no ink lifted but it was crudded with old wax.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=stu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.