• Latest reply 1 hour ago by FLASHBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Reproduction parts would you be interested in for Your Elektra Machine?”

• A Complete Plastics Set for your Elektra By CPR 58 votes
    29%
  • A complete New Playfields SET Including Upper, Main PF, and Bottom Bonus Playfields by CPR. 60 votes
    30%
  • Reproduction Production Backglass By CPR 29 votes
    15%
  • Reproduction of The Original Prototype BackGlass That was Censored. 51 votes
    26%

(Multiple choice - 198 votes by 121 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240318_211852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231222_154929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_170117 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_154557 (resized).jpg
Elektra lower (resized).JPG
Elektra upper (resized).JPG
Electra Main (resized).JPG
Elektra score cards 2 (resized).jpg
Elektra score cards 1 (resized).jpg
DSCF8621 (resized).JPG
DSCF7359 (resized).JPG
received_3097864623853848 (resized).jpeg
received_1451838428923959 (resized).jpeg
20230603_083228 (resized).jpg
20230603_083253 (resized).jpg
20230310_172929 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZeldaOoT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#313 7 years ago

Hello- I'm having a small but frustrating issue with my Elektra. If anyone feels they could help me out, feel free to check out the thread I started about it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-wrong-flippers-firing#post-3586568
Thank you!

#314 7 years ago

Hey there- got the last issue temporarily figured out but will probably order a new solenoid expander shortly. Anyone have any advice on a new issue I'm having with target switch 21?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-stopped-working-after-leds#post-3592426

2 weeks later
#316 7 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Does anyone know if the miniflippers in the lower playfield are available anywhere?

Sometimes you can find the translucent red ones for sale on the marketplace here or on eBay, but I'm not aware of any reproduction ones being sold. May have to settle for a more generic miniflipper bat until some pop up. How does the ball even reach the trough with two full sized flippers down there?

1 month later
#329 6 years ago

Hello fellow Elektra owners/fans- I have a question pertaining to my elektra. It overall works great, however, sometimes when I play it, if I nudge it it will flicker the lighting or active the flippers, both occurring on the lower play field. It's so inconsistent- sometimes I can nudge all day long and no issue. All my boards are new, including the solenoid expander (most from the previous owner), and I can't seem to locate any loose wiring... I know this is kind of vague and nondescript, especially with it being so intermittent. Anyone have any ideas what the trouble may be? When it's occurring it gets so annoying that it's hard to play. When it isn't occurring, the game operations '100%'. Thoughts?

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

I imagine it lies in that solenoid expander as that is the key to sending the power to the lower playfield when initiated for play after you acquire enough Elektra units. Sounds like its "glitchy". If it was only one thing going on down there I'd think differently but but if its the whole lower playfield doing it all together than that makes me think expander is the suspect. Does the light bulb attached to it stay lit at all times? LED bulb or incandescent bulb in that spot?

It's an incandescent bulb there. It doesn't stay on all the time- sometimes it is just the lights (normally), and on occasion its the flippers too.

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Check your outhole switch in the lower playfield. I had a problem that my lighting would act weird when the ball didn't close the switch anymore (even for a brief period).

This sounds like a possibility I haven't thought of yet... I'll look into this one as well, thank you!

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Yes that 's correct what Robert writes.
In my cause the flippers and under gi wouldn't get energized but the upper lighting would start to act crazy.

I knew that's how the solenoid expander operated- I was just confused as mine is new. I've played with the connector on it to ensure it's seated properly, and wiggling that doesn't do anything doesn't nudging the whole machine sometimes showing symptoms, which led me to believe it wasn't that board. I am off in that line of thought?

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Pull the little relay board and check for cold solder joints on the header pins. Might need a magnifying glass to see the little circles in the joints.

It's brand new, shouldn't have any other those...

#338 6 years ago

Problem solved everyone. As I mentioned - the solenoid expander was fine. I even disconnected the solenoid expander and continued having the light flickering, which would trigger the solenoid expander when it was plugged in.

Traced the problem back to a wire on the aux lamp board that's in the backbox above the player 3 display. The third wire from the bottom, whenever jiggled, would recreate all the symptoms. I tightened/pushed it back down into the connector, all problems gone! Hope that bizarre/specific issue can help someone else if it ever pops up haha. Thank you all for responses anyway- motivated me to search until I found the issue.

2 weeks later
#343 6 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

How many balls in the trough should there be? 2 or 3? I can't find the official answer!

Two in the trough, one in the lower playfield, and one in the multiplier area.

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

...and one in the tilt mechanism!!

Trick response- mine has no tilt mech there hahaha

2 months later
#358 6 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Anyone know what this button under the playfield does?

That button allows you to test the solenoid expander manually which switches between the main and lower flippers. Unsure where you can get that exact button but any generic button/switch would work testing purposes if you want it.

2 months later
#362 6 years ago

Looking good!

2 months later
#393 6 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

There is a small switch underneath your playfield that is the test switch for those lower flippers, if you don't have it, they won't work. Or, you have a bad solenoid expander, next to small switch, to left. Second, free play is a setting in the diagnostic tests....

There is also a bulb under the playfield that is part of the solenoid expander circuit that I believe needs to be functioning for the lower flippers to work as well. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZeldaOoT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=ZeldaOoT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.