• Latest reply 44 hours ago by RandyW
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Reproduction parts would you be interested in for Your Elektra Machine?”

• A Complete Plastics Set for your Elektra By CPR 58 votes
    29%
  • A complete New Playfields SET Including Upper, Main PF, and Bottom Bonus Playfields by CPR. 60 votes
    30%
  • Reproduction Production Backglass By CPR 29 votes
    15%
  • Reproduction of The Original Prototype BackGlass That was Censored. 51 votes
    26%

(Multiple choice - 198 votes by 121 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_212311 (resized).jpg
20240329_114038 (resized).jpg
20240329_113344 (resized).jpg
20240318_211852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231222_154929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_170117 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_154557 (resized).jpg
Elektra lower (resized).JPG
Elektra upper (resized).JPG
Electra Main (resized).JPG
Elektra score cards 2 (resized).jpg
Elektra score cards 1 (resized).jpg
DSCF8621 (resized).JPG
DSCF7359 (resized).JPG
received_3097864623853848 (resized).jpeg
received_1451838428923959 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ManyQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#815 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So I'd like to join the club, just wanted to know if there were any secret handshakes or anything I need to know about first. Picked up an Elektra this morning, we'll be flipping this evening. Will post a few pics once I get it up and running. I'm really looking forward to diving into this title

Nice looking Elektra, appears to be in exceptional shape and with the red clear mini flippers!
Good score, enjoy!

Love Elektra's back glass and playfield art along with the cool and eerie ambience of the sci-fi audio.
[Be careful lifting and propping up the playfield, as it is possible to damage the back upper playfield plastics. Also, don't rest the playfield on the lower playfield kick out bracket.]

1 month later
#830 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'm loving this game, I got her up and running again and I'm just starting the process of adding some LEDs and dressing it up cosmetically. Just a few pics, I added a Comet LED strip under shooter Lane which really lights up the graphic. I replaced the stainless steel under it

Nice work on your Elektra! The LED illumination under the shooter lane looks great. Where is it fastened to?

[I'd be working on my Elektra if it wasn't for finishing up other machines first.]

4 weeks later
#849 2 years ago

Excellent ideas guys!

I hope they happen and count me in when they do!

#851 2 years ago

Thanks Apinjunkie!
I was lucky to find a TTR and am just having a field day enhancing that pin!

Yes, I'm itching to get at my Elektra but I want to do a playfield teardown to clean the bottom of the plexiglass and polish up the main playfield underneath. I'm thinking she just needs a good cleaning to come back as new but it's a big job none the less (this winter). The upper playfield needs major touchups and the lower playfield minor touchups. Once that's done I can get on to my favourite thing and start tinkering.

It would be great if they made playfield protectors for the upper and lower playfields. I don't want to mylar them but may have to. I really learned a lesson about unprotected touchups with my Bally Atlantis. If anyone hears of upper and lower playfield protectors or those clear red mini flippers please let me know.

BTW, besides being a triple playfield '81 Bally, a few other things compelled me to Elektra. The background sound effects and the playfield, cabinet and mirrored back glass crystal/Babe art work are both unique and well...Elektrafying! Sort of like the Star Trek episode "Wink of an Eye" with its cool background sound effects and that totally hot space Babe Deela played by Kathie Browne, wearing an equally hot crystal belted outfit!
Check it out!

1 week later
#856 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I really like the way those look,especially when they're lit up but honestly I'm not as nuts about them when they're not. Here's some pics of what I'm working on for that area. These are clear resin cast crystals that I scrounged from a weird light-up skull that I sell in my retail store. It needs a fair amount of modifications to fit and I am still not happy with the final position. I have a couple more on order to rip apart and try some other options.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super Cool!

I get that lighting effects and mods take a lot of trial and error. Keep up the voltage!

7 months later
#875 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

New owner. Looking forward to playing with this new geeteoh squawk & talk replacement. I noticed the GI light fuse is getting very hot..VERY HOT after a few minutes of play. The fuse holder has been replaced in the past and traces redone. Anything specific I should look for. I plan to LED the whole game anyway, but it should not be getting that hot.

Elektra is a great game! A few things to note:

- Always shut off game / unplug and make sure to remove the balls before lifting the hood, otherwise they risk falling on the power module = not good, especially if machine is still on). I use a magnet stick to easily remove the pinballs.

- Assess and fix up what's under the black electrical taped wires near the power module (and any other such hacks).

- Check all fuses / holders and continuity on the power module and elsewhere (I had good fuses but non conducting corroded holders).

3 weeks later
#896 2 years ago

Awesome news!

Elektra, Bally class of 1981! She doesn't deserve to look like trash!

She'll be a high class working girl soon with higher asking prices!

Just in time too! I need the upper and lower most playfields redone on mine and was about to put in some long hours with a paint brush. The problem was, what do I do after that? Mylar or clear coat my amateur paint job? Sounds scarey and no playfields or protectors are available.

Now I have options!

1 Elektra (resized).JPG1 Elektra (resized).JPG2 Elektra (resized).JPG2 Elektra (resized).JPG
#900 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Exactly my point. I installed a CPR space shuttle playfield and also did a Space Shuttle hardtop. Had them next to each other for 6 months. The hardtop played better but just wasn’t the same as playing on a playfield. I did not like it and I have never played a hardtop game that played better than a worn down original. I don’t really care what a playfield looks like, I care how it plays. So those are my personal preferences. If a hardtop is the only option, I would rather play a beat down original, as long as it’s inserts are flat.

I hear You snyper and thanks for the info.

It's just that, in particular, my upper most playfield has large 'paint wear craters' that trap the ball, seriously affecting gameplay. (The awful 'touchups' by a previous owner don't help either). Not sure really but Elektra seems to have extra thick playfield paint or something. What then?

I am going to touch up my lower most playfield anyways, still order the hardtops when available to keep all the options open and revisit this topic hoping a consensus emerges.

Quoted from Ballypalooza:

I’m not sure how many have plexi main playfields. All? Was it a test? No reason to hardtop those. I hope they give the options of any of the three.

Mine has a plexi main playfield and everything I've read suggests they all were.

1 Upper PF (resized).JPG1 Upper PF (resized).JPG2 Upper PF (resized).JPG2 Upper PF (resized).JPG3 Upper PF (resized).JPG3 Upper PF (resized).JPG
1 year later
#992 11 months ago
Quoted from DonHarvey13:

I just picked up a project Elektra, and I need a new playfield plastic cover. Mine is cracked.

Does anyone have one they would be wiling to sell, or know where I can get one made?

**Heads Up**

Just ordered a new Elektra main playfield plastic cover from CPR. https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/elektra-plexi/

2 weeks later
#996 10 months ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Anyone have any tips for removing bulbs from the topside? Those buggers are hard to get a grip on with the clear plastic playfield cover.

Some of the bulbs are easier to remove from underneath the playfield. Just unfasten the socket from the board, change bulb...simple. Also, a bulb remover, really saves ratching your fingers.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-BRT

DSCF7359 (resized).JPGDSCF7359 (resized).JPG
#998 10 months ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Do these reach down into the hole in the clear plexiglass?

Elektra is awesome but crammed with playfield components and those pesky wedge sockets, so messing around with the underside of the playfield inevitably leads to accidently screwing something else up. One of the best things about the game is it can be quite intimidating and tedious to shop, restore or repair because things are so tight. Why do I say that?:

- It keeps Elektra prices and ratings down but for those pinballers who detail and 'press on' through the hindrances, they are rewarded with an amazing and affordable Bally class of '81 machine. For those reasons, I will speculate that in the future a restored Elektra will be a rare and highly appreciated pin.

So things can be tricky:

- No, the bulb grippers won't go down into the plexi holes for retrieval, so I won't put in flat top Leds as they are very difficult to get out. Regular (not wide top) led bulbs are best and are relatively easy to grip and pull out because they don't go deep into the plexi.

- Putting the bulbs in is more difficult, as you often end up pushing the socket down and askew. My solution to that has been to jam a small flat head screw driver (machine off of course) and using a bit of leverage, keep the socket from moving down while placing the bulb in (all from the top side of the playfield).

- I've darn near wore out my bulb gripper's rubber tips and am thinking of a way to recoat them.

DSCF8621 (resized).JPGDSCF8621 (resized).JPG
#999 10 months ago
Quoted from daly124:

Anyone have images of custom score/instruction cards?

My Elektra came with nice apron cards when I bought it but I think you might find some here:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inkochnitos-pinball-score-and-instruction-cards-website-update/page/5#post-7555773

Also, I downloaded these really cool cards (love the "Welcome to the Gamma Dimension" card) but can't remember where I got them from. i think You just print and they come out right sized?

Elektra score cards 1 (resized).jpgElektra score cards 1 (resized).jpgElektra score cards 2 (resized).jpgElektra score cards 2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 199.95
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ManyQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=ManyQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.