• Latest reply 46 hours ago by RandyW
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Reproduction parts would you be interested in for Your Elektra Machine?”

• A Complete Plastics Set for your Elektra By CPR 58 votes
    29%
  • A complete New Playfields SET Including Upper, Main PF, and Bottom Bonus Playfields by CPR. 60 votes
    30%
  • Reproduction Production Backglass By CPR 29 votes
    15%
  • Reproduction of The Original Prototype BackGlass That was Censored. 51 votes
    26%

(Multiple choice - 198 votes by 121 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_212311 (resized).jpg
20240329_114038 (resized).jpg
20240329_113344 (resized).jpg
20240318_211852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231222_154929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_170117 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_154557 (resized).jpg
Elektra lower (resized).JPG
Elektra upper (resized).JPG
Electra Main (resized).JPG
Elektra score cards 2 (resized).jpg
Elektra score cards 1 (resized).jpg
DSCF8621 (resized).JPG
DSCF7359 (resized).JPG
received_3097864623853848 (resized).jpeg
received_1451838428923959 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

I have attempted to compile a list of rules for Elektra. However, by the time I get to the 20th rule, I forget all the others and my head starts to hurt... It does have the most overly complicated rule-set up to that point in pinball history I have ever encountered.

I am now attempting to do this since there is an official love-fest thread...

I know things are missing but here is a start:

LOCKING BALLS
Making green 1-2-3 targets lites left rollover button lites. These lights ate the direction they flow every 5 seconds.

Ball rolling over lit buttons in direction of travelling lites, or by dropping 2X-3X-5X "in-line" drop targets behind the captive ball, unlocks the top 4-5-6 target arrows.

Making 4-5-6 targets lites the top saucer arrow to allow for locking a ball and also lites the top right rollover button intermittently to score special.

You can light the green arrow LOWER LOCK by completing ANY set of standup targets (including the easy to hit center red targets) 5 (need to confirm this?) times.

Making 5 blue target lights:
Lites left outlane for 10 Elektra units and bottom saucer green arrow for LOCK ball.
Note: You can "lane change" the needed blue targets with the left flipper at any time.

Capturing balls in both the upper and lower LOCKS starts mulit-ball play.

OTHER STUFF
Making the 3 red targets:
1st time opens right ball return gate.
2nd time lites ball return arrow to collect bonus.
3rd time lites 2 blue target lites.
4th time lites 2 additional blue target lites.
5th time lites outlane specials, left outlane for 10 Elektra units and bottom saucer arrow for LOCK ball.

Completing 3 middle level targets? don't understand what this rule explains?
Lighting spinners? not sure here
Captive ball drop target multipliers? not sure here

HOW TO OBTAIN ELEKTRA UNITS
There a many ways. Here are some:

Completeing any bank of standup targets awards 2? Elektra units.

Making 5 blue targets:
Lites left outlane for 10 Elektra units and bottom saucer arrow for lock ball.
Note: The blue target bank becomes more and more difficult to complete. The targets needed to complete the bank change with each completed set.
Note: You can "lane change" the needed blue targets with the left flipper at any time.

Making either 1-2-3 or 4-5-6 targets in sequence or making 1 to 6 targets in any order flashes 2X target for 10? seconds.
Target must be hit when flashing to collect the double bonus.

Locking both balls awards an extra ball. (rule setting)
Maximum – 1 extra ball per ball in play (rule setting)

Striking the red target at the end of the captive ball hallway awards ? Elektra units.

EXTENDED END OF BALL PLAY (LOWER PLAYFIELD)
Mini playfield becomes active after ball-in-play enters out-hole and a minimum of (rule setting;default=6) Elektra units are achieved.

LOWER PLAYFIELD RULES
Each ball you play in Elektra can potentially be extended to the lower playfield.

Each extended ball in the lower playfield "starts fresh" and no progress "carries over" from previous extended ball play.

Your main objective is to actually NOT just hit everything or JUST keep the ball alive.
The Elektra units translate to the number of seconds you have unlimited balls while playing the lower playfield. Once all Elektra units have expired, it is sudden death and either the next ball begins or, the game ends if it's the last ball in play.
What you want to focus on is to hit the 6 orange side targets but not necessarily complete them. The reason is because striking them once lights them but they all go out after you lite them all. Striking a LIT orange target on the lower playfield awards the most points (5,000). Just lighting a target scores much fewer points (need amount here).

Lighting 5 orange targets lites the left orbit arrow.
Completing all 6 side orange targets one time flashes the center green target for 2X and hitting that green target lites it solid and collects it.
Lighting 12 orange target lites the right orbit arrow.

The lower playfield does have a bonus which increases with each target bank completion and that is displayed in the center. I believe it has a max but I don't know the amount.

Tilt penalty – Ball in play.

1 month later
#57 10 years ago

I just worked on mine this week… Put some selective "cool" colored LEDs in head to brighten up the dim backglass. Also had to replace a few bulbs that were out. When I was working on the game, I thought of something. Was Elektra the first game to have ALL 555's installed on the playfields? 99.9% of pins in the 80's were 44/47 bulbs.

#74 10 years ago

Hmmm, I may have a spare one of the shooter lane plastics. Will have to check.

2 years later
#255 7 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Hello, all. Any of you elektra owners out there ever had an issue with releasing both balls into the plunger trough before upon start of a game, instead of just one?? Mine just started doing this.... everytime a ball goes into the return chamber it releases it.... new issue for me that I have yet to troubleshoot. Ugh.

You need to go in to switch test and see if any switches are "stuck" shut. If so, the switch number will be flashing on the display in the head. What you want to see here is "0". That means that NO SWITCHES are closed. If everything's ok, move on to next step...

You will want to remove the apron to perform the following switch tests.

Trigger BOTH trough switches AND the shooter lane switch in test mode to confirm:
-that each switch ONLY triggers that switch # (reference the MANUAL for the proper switch #'s)
-that each switch works every time that it's triggered

You could have in order of most likely:
-bad disc cap (not needed for these switches so just cut them off!)
-bad diode (must be working properly in order for switches to work properly)
-barely touching wire/leg at one of the solder points for one of these switches

-Don't assume that the problem is with the switches above either. The problem could also be caused by any switch that also touches the wires associated with these 3.

1 year later
#432 6 years ago

Actually it does NOT have a "ball save mode". It means that the star rollover(s) at the end of your shooter lane are not registering.

1 year later
#745 4 years ago

Updated from my post 6 years ago...

Things are missing and it may have errors but here is the most complete list:

LOCKING BALLS
Making green 1-2-3 targets lites left rollover button lites. These lights ate the direction they flow every 5 seconds.
Ball rolling over lit buttons in direction of travelling lites, or by dropping 2X-3X-5X "in-line" drop targets behind the captive ball, unlocks the top 4-5-6 target arrows.
Making 4-5-6 targets lites the top saucer arrow to allow for locking a ball and also lites the top right rollover button intermittently to score special.
You can light the green arrow LOWER LOCK by completing ANY set of standup targets (including the easy to hit center red targets) 5 (need to confirm this?) times.
Lites left outlane for 10 Elektra units and bottom saucer green arrow for LOCK ball.

OTHER STUFF
Making the 3 red targets:
5th time lites outlane specials, left outlane for 10 Elektra units and bottom saucer arrow for LOCK ball.

LIGHTING SPINNERS
First saucer shot lites one (alternates as spinner is hit) second saucer lites both

Completeing any bank of standup targets awards 2 Elektra units.
Making 5 blue targets:
Note: The blue target bank becomes more and more difficult to complete. The targets needed to complete the bank change with each completed set.
Making either 1-2-3 or 4-5-6 targets in sequence or making 1 to 6 targets in any order flashes 2X target for 10? seconds.
Striking the red target at the end of the captive ball hallway awards ? Elektra units.

EXTENDED END OF BALL PLAY (LOWER PLAYFIELD)
Mini playfield becomes active after ball-in-play enters out-hole and a minimum of (rule setting;default=6) Elektra units are achieved.

LOWER PLAYFIELD RULES
Each ball you play in Elektra can potentially be extended to the lower playfield.
Each extended ball in the lower playfield "starts fresh" and no progress "carries over" from previous extended ball play.
Your main objective is to actually NOT just hit everything or JUST keep the ball alive.
The Elektra units translate to the number of seconds you have unlimited balls while playing the lower playfield. Once all Elektra units have expired, it is sudden death and either the next ball begins or, the game ends if it's the last ball in play.
What you want to focus on is to hit the 6 orange side targets but not necessarily complete them. The reason is because striking them once lights them but they all go out after you lite them all. Striking a LIT orange target on the lower playfield awards the most points (5,000). Just lighting a target scores much fewer points (need amount here).
Completing all 6 side orange targets one time flashes the center green target for 2X and hitting that green target lites it solid and collects it.
The lower playfield does have a bonus which increases with each target bank completion and that is displayed in the center. I believe it has a max but I don't know the amount.

There is also a lower playfield setting that allows "sudden death" after time expires or, to instantly end the ball when time expires. setting #?

Added over 3 years ago:

Things are missing and it may have errors but here is the most complete list of rules for Bally Elektra:

LOCKING BALLS FOR MULTIBALL

Making green 1-2-3 targets lites left rollover button lites. These lights switch between clockwise and counter clockwise rotation, every 5 seconds. 
Unlocks the top 4-5-6 target arrows can be achieved in twi ways:
#1-The ball rolling over the lit buttons, in the direction of rotation.
#2-By dropping the 2X-3X-5X "in-line" drop targets behind the captive ball.

-Making 4-5-6 targets lites the top saucer arrow to allow for locking a ball and it also lites the top right rollover button intermittently to score special.

-You can light the green arrow LOWER LOCK by completing ANY set of standup targets (including the easy to hit 3 center red targets) FIVE times. 

OTHER TARGET RULES

Making the 3 red center targets: 

LIGHTING SPINNERS 
First saucer shot lites one (alternates as spinner is hit) second saucer lites both 

Completing any bank of standup targets awards 2 Elektra units. 
Making 5 blue targets: 
Striking the red target at the end of the captive ball hallway awards #? of Elektra units.

EXTENDED BALL PLAY: LOWER MINI-PLAYFIELD RULES

Each ball you play in Elektra can potentially be extended to the lower playfield for extra play time.

Mini-Playfield becomes active after ball-in-play enters out-hole and a minimum of (rule setting;default=6) Elektra units are achieved.

Each extended ball in the lower playfield starts fresh and no progress carries over from any previously extended ball. 
Your main objective is NOT to just hit everything or just keep the ball alive!

The Elektra units translate to the number of seconds you have unlimited balls while playing the lower playfield. Once all Elektra units have expired, it is sudden death and upon draining in the mini PF, either the next ball begins or, the game ends if it's the last ball in play.
(There is a lower playfield setting that allows "sudden death" after time expires or, to instantly end the ball when time expires. setting #?)

Strategy: Focus on hitting the 6 orange side targets but do not necessarily complete them. The reason is because striking them once lights them up but they all go out after you complete them. Striking a LIT orange target on the lower playfield awards the most points (5,000). Just lighting a target scores much fewer points (I think 1K). 
The lower playfield does have a bonus which increases with each target bank completion and that is displayed in the center. I believe it has a max but I don't know the max amount.

4 months later
#766 3 years ago

My HUO Elektra has the classic Bally style coin box just like Harlem Globetrotters, Eight Ball dlx, etc.

1 year later
#847 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Just a heads up on painting those, The Matrix on the bottom from the 3D print make them really difficult to paint and painting from the reverse side is kind of out of the question as it doesn't change its appearance from the top at all,(have you tried printing these in clear?) I'm happy with the appearance but I really like the idea of a decal or sticker attached to a clear plastic. This is a unique area on the machine that is just ripe 4 all kinds of mods. I got a few other ideas for this area not sure what I'm going to settle on just yet.
As for the coding, I absolutely love the idea of a 3 ball multi-ball scenario. Good luck.
Keep Flippin.

The only problem with this simultaneous PF talk is that the switch to engage the upper/lower flipper power is a physical one. They can't both be on at the same time unless you physically modified the game. (By the way, I wrote the rules/instruction manual contained in this club thread many pages back...)

1 week later
7 months later
#892 2 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

That is GREAT news !!!!
Elektras will now have the beautiful PFs that are deserved for this Classic Bally.
Can't wait to see it !

Really? I absolutely hate hardtops. And I have actually bought and installed one. Never again.

#899 2 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

I guess everyone has different likes and experiences.
The HT I did looked and played great. (still does)
Now I look for barn finds to restore with a beautiful HT.
What else can we do hand paint the playfields? Air brush?
If there are any better ideas I'm all ears ......

Exactly my point. I installed a CPR space shuttle playfield and also did a Space Shuttle hardtop. Had them next to each other for 6 months. The hardtop played better but just wasn’t the same as playing on a playfield. I did not like it and I have never played a hardtop game that played better than a worn down original. I don’t really care what a playfield looks like, I care how it plays. So those are my personal preferences. If a hardtop is the only option, I would rather play a beat down original, as long as it’s inserts are flat.

5 months later
#937 1 year ago

Elektra is the only pinball game on the planet that was designed to "float". It's supposed to play like that...

Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Can this be replaced?

I doubt you will find that bracket as a "pinball part" since it only exists on Elektra. It uses a threaded "wing nut" of sorts to hold it in place. Honestly, just attach a piece of metal with a hole in it where those screw holes are and use a small zip tie to hold it. When you need to work on lower PF, cut the tie and when done, just add another .

#939 1 year ago

I believe it is NOT supposed to be making these flipper sounds like in this video @ ~3:50 mark:

I have owned 2, repaired at least 3 Elektras and played probably 5 others@ shows in the last 15 years and none of them ever made these sounds when the lower flippers are engaged. I believe it is making those sounds in error.

#941 1 year ago

That is odd. Maybe people are just disconnecting the extra leaf switches on the flipper button stacks so that it does not make those sounds or, it could be that they stopped installing them @ Bally @ some point during the production of the game. I do find the sounds in that video very annoying. I'm surprised I've never played one with them present.

#949 1 year ago
Quoted from geeteoh:

Getting the locks lit is the only way (I think) to get Elektra Points to gain entry into the lower playfield and extra time while in the lower playfield. But, once you get maximum Elektra Points, you basically want to get the locks setup to more easily get them for the next ball. Locks are easier to get right after multiball is achieved. I'm no expert on this. This is just the way I play it.

Incorrect. You earn Elektra units a number of ways. It just so happens that completing target banks ALSO makes progress towards locks. Please review my latest rule sheet attempt (and playfield plastic text on your machine) if you need further clarification on the number of units earned for each target/drop/captive ball hit/outlane/ect. [Post #745 in this thread.]

To elaborate on multiball, it is very challenging to get multiball play and it's difficult to keep both balls alive once you earn it... There is no significant multiball advantage other than having another ball if you drain one out. If you manage to trap both balls on the right flipper, you can backhand one into the right saucer for 10K+Bonus adv. Also, if you have two balls in play, and the left outlane is lit for 10+ ELK units, then you won't lose your ball collecting it.

Elektra is VERY hard to trap on and there are no inlanes... so, multiball play essentially forces the player to keep flipping to keep 2 ball play alive and successful ball separations are rare.

#960 1 year ago

No, it did not come like that. That is not the standard outhole/switch setup for Elektra. Elektra setup looks more like Xenon.

8 months later
#986 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Well, this should be fun. Looks like this club has lots of pics and info for insight when I start to dig in.
Wish me luck![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did that once. Bought two machines because the price was so good. I still have “the nice one”.

#988 1 year ago

Didn’t cpr eventually do these?

3 months later
#1006 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

New Elektra owner here, just looking for a little feedback as I’m no pro. First, the ball eject doesn’t always work right and get the ball into the plunger. Coil fires, just not hard enough? Second, is one of flippers on the lower playfield is hyper firing when in use, other side works just fine. The switches appear to be ok underneath, what am I missing? Any tips is appreciated!
Edit: kicker looks to be broke in trough, replacement part is really 3d printed?

Not certain. That’s one of the oddball Bally parts. The flipper machine gunning means that either the hold part of the coil is bad or, the wire fell off. You can test the two coil windings on each coil with the resistance test on a multimeter or, swap the coils to confirm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tq=&tu=Snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.