• Latest reply 5 days ago by RandyW
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Reproduction parts would you be interested in for Your Elektra Machine?”

• A Complete Plastics Set for your Elektra By CPR 58 votes
    29%
  • A complete New Playfields SET Including Upper, Main PF, and Bottom Bonus Playfields by CPR. 60 votes
    30%
  • Reproduction Production Backglass By CPR 29 votes
    15%
  • Reproduction of The Original Prototype BackGlass That was Censored. 51 votes
    26%

(Multiple choice - 198 votes by 121 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_212311 (resized).jpg
20240329_114038 (resized).jpg
20240329_113344 (resized).jpg
20240318_211852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231222_154929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_170117 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_154557 (resized).jpg
Elektra lower (resized).JPG
Elektra upper (resized).JPG
Electra Main (resized).JPG
Elektra score cards 2 (resized).jpg
Elektra score cards 1 (resized).jpg
DSCF8621 (resized).JPG
DSCF7359 (resized).JPG
received_3097864623853848 (resized).jpeg
received_1451838428923959 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.
#951 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:Incorrect. You earn Elektra units a number of ways. It just so happens that completing target banks ALSO makes progress towards locks. Please review my latest rule sheet attempt (and playfield plastic text on your machine) if you need further clarification on the number of units earned for each target/drop/captive ball hit/outlane/ect. [Post #745 in this thread.]
To elaborate on multiball, it is very challenging to get multiball play and it's difficult to keep both balls alive once you earn it... There is no significant multiball advantage other than having another ball if you drain one out. If you manage to trap both balls on the right flipper, you can backhand one into the right saucer for 10K+Bonus adv. Also, if you have two balls in play, and the left outlane is lit for 10+ ELK units, then you won't lose your ball collecting it.
Elektra is VERY hard to trap on and there are no inlanes... so, multiball play essentially forces the player to keep flipping to keep 2 ball play alive and successful ball separations are rare.

Shame, it's such effort to get multiball. It would have been cool if it meant you got double Elektra units or double playfield scoring!

Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

[quoted image]
Pic from another (much nicer ) Elektra with the extra switch
[quoted image]

Could someone be as kind as to measure the screws holding in the stack of EOS switches on the lower pf flippers? I can't seem to find the right screws.

#952 1 year ago

I managed to hack together the extra switches using spare Eos Switches I had.

Now I have sound on my lower flippers

However, twice while testing I pressed the 1,2,3 targets a few times and the game tilts. But then I couldn't replicate it again no matter what I pressed.

Also, sometimes in the lower playfield the backbox tilt light comes on, it goes off once the ball drains though. Sometimes it doesn't illuminate.
It was doing this before I added the extra switches so is unrelated.

#953 1 year ago

I managed to hack together the extra switches using spare Eos Switches I had.
Now I have sound on my lower flippers
However, twice while testing I pressed the 1,2,3 targets a few times and the game tilts. But then I couldn't replicate it again no matter what I pressed.
Also, sometimes in the lower playfield the backbox tilt light comes on, it goes off once the ball drains though. Sometimes it doesn't illuminate.
It was doing this before I added the extra switches so is unrelated.

I assume you added a diode?

#954 1 year ago

This game looks way different when all three PFs and plastics colors all match.
Feeling really good finally about this one getting finished.....

Top Complete (resized).JPGTop Complete (resized).JPGUpper olld-new (resized).JPGUpper olld-new (resized).JPG
#955 1 year ago
Quoted from geeteoh:

I assume you added a diode?

Yes, as per schematic. Working nicely!

#956 1 year ago

Can someone get a photo of their tilt bob set up with capacitor in place?

I just fixed mine and it seems so hacky the way the wire solders to the tilt bob stick and a capacitor is hanging about.

On mine I had to use a bit of wire to add length to reach the capacitor

#957 1 year ago

Can someone get a photo of their tilt bob set up with capacitor in place?
I just fixed mine and it seems so hacky the way the wire solders to the tilt bob stick and a capacitor is hanging about.
On mine I had to use a bit of wire to add length to reach the capacitor

Hope these help, good luck.

IMG_20220711_100231979 (resized).jpgIMG_20220711_100231979 (resized).jpgIMG_20220711_100325748 (resized).jpgIMG_20220711_100325748 (resized).jpg
#958 1 year ago

Thank you!

The issue seems to be old caps had much longer legs. My piece of wire seems ok because of this.

It is weird how they used to solder wire onto the bob itself rather than to the piece holding it like future and current games

#959 1 year ago

The outhole kicker and switch on mine are different to pictures. I assume someone fitted this rather than replace? Or did some come like this?

20220713_113843 (resized).jpg20220713_113843 (resized).jpg

#960 1 year ago

No, it did not come like that. That is not the standard outhole/switch setup for Elektra. Elektra setup looks more like Xenon.

1 week later
#961 1 year ago

Finally have this one up and running.
This one has all original boards, lots of re-work to get them all going.
Time to enjoy playing and dialing it in......

Elektra Complete (resized).JPGElektra Complete (resized).JPG
#962 1 year ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Time to enjoy playing and dialing it in......[quoted image]

Did you redo the cabinet also…?

#963 1 year ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Did you redo the cabinet also…?

Yep, see posts 908 and 913.
Bud

#964 1 year ago

Looking for an Elektra in SE Michigan or reasonable distance. Please feel free to reach out if any one is thinking of selling
THANKS!

#965 1 year ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Time to enjoy playing and dialing it in......[quoted image]

Great looking game, well done sir! Almost makes me wish my playfield was in worse shape, the new hardtop looks stunning. Also your choice for flipper colors and rubbers... Nice touch.

#966 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Great looking game, well done sir! Almost makes me wish my playfield was in worse shape, the new hardtop looks stunning. Also your choice for flipper colors and rubbers... Nice touch.

Well, I thought there was a bit too much bright blue on Elektra.
I added some black to inside the cab and the apron. Also tried a different lighter blue for the lock down and side rails.
Originally I was considering doing the whole cab in black, but that seemed to stray too far from original.
The artwork on Elektra is what caught my eye, but now liking the 6 flipper experience.

#967 1 year ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Looking for an Elektra in SE Michigan or reasonable distance. Please feel free to reach out if any one is thinking of selling
THANKS!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139187#

Just missed one.

1 month later
#968 1 year ago

I have an Elektra I would like to sell. Reason being I'm a fairly young home owner with some home maintenance issues piling up I need money for lol.

I live in the Wisconsin Dells area and can only do pick up. I am more than happy to send all requested videos/pictures of the machine in PMs or email.

I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate method of selling on Pinside. I will delete my post if frowned upon. Thank you.

Added 18 months ago:

Sold it. Thanks

1 week later
#969 1 year ago

Hey all. I joined the club, yay! I'm documenting my work on Elektra. You can see me stumble through the process here.

I started LEDing the machine tonight and got 2 LEDs in the playfield GI and it was a major struggle. So much so that I am thinking of staying incandescent which makes me sad. I think it is because the LEDS I'm using have a thick base. I LED'd an eight ball deluxe years ago (also with 555 sockets) and I'm starting to recall the challenge I had with these sockets although I managed to LED the 8 ball.

Did eveyone else struggle with these 555 lamp sockets too? Or is there another LED option out there with a base that is not so thick?

Any other Elektra advice is welcome!

P.s. I'm planning on going hard top for upper and lower playfields!

#970 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for a new set of plastics, check out planetary pinball.
They come in cheaper than Marcos and seem to be good quality.
I haven't installed them yet as I'm early in the restore process.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-M-1330-195-COMP

#971 1 year ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:Hey all. I joined the club, yay! I'm documenting my work on Elektra. You can see me stumble through the process here.
I started LEDing the machine tonight and got 2 LEDs in the playfield GI and it was a major struggle. So much so that I am thinking of staying incandescent which makes me sad. I think it is because the LEDS I'm using have a thick base. I LED'd an eight ball deluxe years ago (also with 555 sockets) and I'm starting to recall the challenge I had with these sockets although I managed to LED the 8 ball.
Did eveyone else struggle with these 555 lamp sockets too? Or is there another LED option out there with a base that is not so thick?
Any other Elektra advice is welcome!
P.s. I'm planning on going hard top for upper and lower playfields!

I recommend going all the way and HT all 3 levels.
Here is a picture you might need later, I give props to Yopps and Hard Tops for this one.

Elektra Under (resized).JPGElektra Under (resized).JPG
#972 1 year ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Here is a picture you might need later, I give props to Yopps and Hard Tops for this one.[quoted image]

So with the hardtop on the middle level did you then clean and install the thick playfield plastic over that?

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

So with the hardtop on the middle level did you then clean and install the thick playfield plastic over that?

Yes, I used aquarium plexi cleaning techniques to clean the middle cover.
Novus mostly.

#974 1 year ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Here is a picture you might need later, I give props to Yopps and Hard Tops for this one.[quoted image]

Yours is a beauty! Amazing job. Seen pics in this thread. Yopsicles...good call!

2 weeks later
#975 1 year ago

I need to swap my Elektra over from five ball play to three ball play for League next week. I don't have the book, does anyone know what dip switch and what setting for three ball game?

#976 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I need to swap my Elektra over from five ball play to three ball play for League next week. I don't have the book, does anyone know what dip switch and what setting for three ball game?

You can download the manual from here:

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=778

#977 1 year ago

Thanks!

#978 1 year ago

Okay so I'm a little confused. I've never had to adjust dip switches in the past on machines. If I'm reading the manual correctly for three ball play switch 31 and 32 should be in the off position. As I look at these switches there are no numbers for reference but there are 32 switches. Could someone point me to the correct ones that I should be changing for three ball play, or is this something I should be adjusting from the menu off the coin door? Have attached picture for reference of my switch orientation.

IMG_20221012_103716774 (resized).jpgIMG_20221012_103716774 (resized).jpg
#979 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Could someone point me to the correct ones that I should be changing for three ball play

Top two switches, move the toggle to the right for the off position.

MPU_DSW.jpgMPU_DSW.jpg

#980 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

Top two switches, move the toggle to the right for the off position.
[quoted image]

That did it, thanks for the help.

2 months later
#981 1 year ago

I just picked up a project Elektra, and I need a new playfield plastic cover. Mine is cracked.

Does anyone have one they would be wiling to sell, or know where I can get one made?

2 weeks later
#982 1 year ago

Hello all!
Starting at the beginning of a Elektra project with a new rottendog PS/rectifier. Plug it in and have no 6.5v at TP4. Can someone post a picture of the correct jumper configuration on the 12 pin connector?

2 months later
#983 1 year ago

In the past I’ve sold some of these 3D crystals for Elektra but always thought they could be improved. Called in a favor and through a friend found someone who enjoys painting miniatures and models. He painted the base to look like the art on the original plastic and then outlined the crystals. I think he did an amazing job and can’t wait to see it installed and how the crystals look lit up.

With this I think my focus is going back to Elektra after wrapping up some repairs in the queue and will get the hardtop installed. Just wanted to share what can be done with these.

36FFAABF-044B-43E3-AAA7-171A26562886 (resized).jpeg36FFAABF-044B-43E3-AAA7-171A26562886 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#984 1 year ago

Well, this should be fun. Looks like this club has lots of pics and info for insight when I start to dig in.

Wish me luck!

20230310_172929 (resized).jpg20230310_172929 (resized).jpg20230310_173007 (resized).jpg20230310_173007 (resized).jpg20230310_173021 (resized).jpg20230310_173021 (resized).jpg20230310_173044 (resized).jpg20230310_173044 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#985 1 year ago

Anyone happen to have a spare back glass? Have a machine sitting in storage for years just waiting for a back glass to be found

#986 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Well, this should be fun. Looks like this club has lots of pics and info for insight when I start to dig in.
Wish me luck![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did that once. Bought two machines because the price was so good. I still have “the nice one”.

#987 1 year ago

Pretty sure I'm going to need some plastics for these. Most are on rough shape. Anyone have extras before I start sourcing?

#988 1 year ago

Didn’t cpr eventually do these?

#989 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Pretty sure I'm going to need some plastics for these. Most are on rough shape. Anyone have extras before I start sourcing?

Planetary pinball has them

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-M-1330-195-COMP

#990 1 year ago

Selling Elektra in S.E. Michigan for anyone looking to join the club

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Elektra Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “New MPU New Power Supply New Silicone Bands New TZ Powerball in Lower Playfield Nice Backglass Strong Displays Comet GI and BackBox Upper Playfield faded Incandescent inserts Plas...”
2023-03-06
Earth, MI
Archived after: 41 days
Viewed: 456 times
Contributed to Pinside

3 weeks later
#991 1 year ago

Back in the club after many years of regret about selling the last one. Really unique game and awesome upper PF.

Has there ever been an aftermarket reproduction of the prototype/ early production run backglass?

I’m currently looking for one if anyone’s selling or trading

1 month later
#992 11 months ago
Quoted from DonHarvey13:

I just picked up a project Elektra, and I need a new playfield plastic cover. Mine is cracked.

Does anyone have one they would be wiling to sell, or know where I can get one made?

**Heads Up**

Just ordered a new Elektra main playfield plastic cover from CPR. https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/elektra-plexi/

#993 11 months ago

Thanks for posting this. I'm in the middle of a restoration and this will make things easier!

Quoted from ManyQuarters:

**Heads Up**
Just ordered a new Elektra main playfield plastic cover from CPR. https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/elektra-plexi/

1 week later
#994 10 months ago

Finally making progress on my Elektra! It's alive!!

Needed an Alltek and SDB rebuilt. Anyone have any tips for removing bulbs from the topside? Those buggers are hard to get a grip on with the clear plastic playfield cover.

20230603_083228 (resized).jpg20230603_083228 (resized).jpg20230603_083253 (resized).jpg20230603_083253 (resized).jpgreceived_1451838428923959 (resized).jpegreceived_1451838428923959 (resized).jpegreceived_3097864623853848 (resized).jpegreceived_3097864623853848 (resized).jpeg
#995 10 months ago

Anyone have images of custom score/instruction cards?

#996 10 months ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Anyone have any tips for removing bulbs from the topside? Those buggers are hard to get a grip on with the clear plastic playfield cover.

Some of the bulbs are easier to remove from underneath the playfield. Just unfasten the socket from the board, change bulb...simple. Also, a bulb remover, really saves ratching your fingers.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-BRT

DSCF7359 (resized).JPGDSCF7359 (resized).JPG
#997 10 months ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

Some of the bulbs are easier to remove from underneath the playfield. Just unfasten the socket from the board, change bulb...simple. Also, a bulb remover, really saves ratching your fingers.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-BRT[quoted image]

Been in the hobby 10 years and I've never seen these before! Thanks! I've been using a piece of rubber hose forever but it won't grip well enough.

Do these reach down into the hole in the clear plexiglass?

#998 10 months ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Do these reach down into the hole in the clear plexiglass?

Elektra is awesome but crammed with playfield components and those pesky wedge sockets, so messing around with the underside of the playfield inevitably leads to accidently screwing something else up. One of the best things about the game is it can be quite intimidating and tedious to shop, restore or repair because things are so tight. Why do I say that?:

- It keeps Elektra prices and ratings down but for those pinballers who detail and 'press on' through the hindrances, they are rewarded with an amazing and affordable Bally class of '81 machine. For those reasons, I will speculate that in the future a restored Elektra will be a rare and highly appreciated pin.

So things can be tricky:

- No, the bulb grippers won't go down into the plexi holes for retrieval, so I won't put in flat top Leds as they are very difficult to get out. Regular (not wide top) led bulbs are best and are relatively easy to grip and pull out because they don't go deep into the plexi.

- Putting the bulbs in is more difficult, as you often end up pushing the socket down and askew. My solution to that has been to jam a small flat head screw driver (machine off of course) and using a bit of leverage, keep the socket from moving down while placing the bulb in (all from the top side of the playfield).

- I've darn near wore out my bulb gripper's rubber tips and am thinking of a way to recoat them.

DSCF8621 (resized).JPGDSCF8621 (resized).JPG
#999 10 months ago
Quoted from daly124:

Anyone have images of custom score/instruction cards?

My Elektra came with nice apron cards when I bought it but I think you might find some here:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inkochnitos-pinball-score-and-instruction-cards-website-update/page/5#post-7555773

Also, I downloaded these really cool cards (love the "Welcome to the Gamma Dimension" card) but can't remember where I got them from. i think You just print and they come out right sized?

Elektra score cards 1 (resized).jpgElektra score cards 1 (resized).jpgElektra score cards 2 (resized).jpgElektra score cards 2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1000 9 months ago

Having a little bit of trouble with the lower flippers on my Elektra. The manual is a bit confusing, so do the lower flippers go through the solenoid expander under the playfield?

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/20?hl=geeteoh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.