• Latest reply 6 days ago by RandyW
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Reproduction parts would you be interested in for Your Elektra Machine?”

• A Complete Plastics Set for your Elektra By CPR 58 votes
    29%
  • A complete New Playfields SET Including Upper, Main PF, and Bottom Bonus Playfields by CPR. 60 votes
    30%
  • Reproduction Production Backglass By CPR 29 votes
    15%
  • Reproduction of The Original Prototype BackGlass That was Censored. 51 votes
    26%

(Multiple choice - 198 votes by 121 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_212311 (resized).jpg
20240329_114038 (resized).jpg
20240329_113344 (resized).jpg
20240318_211852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231222_154929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_170117 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_154557 (resized).jpg
Elektra lower (resized).JPG
Elektra upper (resized).JPG
Electra Main (resized).JPG
Elektra score cards 2 (resized).jpg
Elektra score cards 1 (resized).jpg
DSCF8621 (resized).JPG
DSCF7359 (resized).JPG
received_3097864623853848 (resized).jpeg
received_1451838428923959 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 22.
#801 3 years ago

Eventually there will be some red ones made....

2 weeks later
#802 3 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

My Elektra has white mini flipper bats in lower playfield that say "flipper" I see many other games online where they use clear red flipper bats.... which is correct?
What color rubber are you using? I was thinking red for flippers & rest white.
[quoted image][quoted image]

OEM clear red mini flippers. I believe NLA.

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Eventually there will be some red ones made....

Count me in for a pair when made.

3 weeks later
#804 3 years ago

Happy to be part of the Elektra club! I picked one up yesterday for cheap. Only took a couple hours and it’s up and going!

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from petebest:

Happy to be part of the Elektra club! I picked one up yesterday for cheap. Only took a couple hours and it’s up and going!

Congrats!

1 week later
#806 3 years ago

Picked up a real nice original condition one this week. Leaving it as is and just gonna play it. Only SS pin I have. Everything else all DMD era.

4 weeks later
#807 3 years ago

So are these the only option available for replacing the lower playfield flippers? Is the shaft length correct on these? Thanks

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9264-6

2 weeks later
#808 3 years ago

Hi all!

I made my own thread about my problems, but I thought I can post the same in the owners club. Otherwise someone can remove it.

I'm having trouble with my Elektra's lower playfield.
The game works fine (except sound issues as well), but when you're about to play on the playfield under the glass, it doesn't function properly. You can see a video clip here:

I have resoldered the connectors on the solenoid board, used contact spray on molex-connectors and also changed the "Expander board" (I got one extra).
The light bulb that is associated with the Expander board is working as well.

I also need to mention that I have 2 new Alltek boards, MPU and Rectifier (power) board (the one located om the bottom of the cabinet).

I'm running out of ideas. ☹️

Hopefully someone had the same issues.

Thanks in advance.

#809 3 years ago

Did it ever work? If not, I suspect you may have two of the free hanging Molex plugs swapped. They are the smaller ones. If the game was disassembled and the head was off you can swap the two. Game will still work and play but the lower playfield will act up and there will be lighting issues.

Just look over those smaller plugs in the head and compare the wires and color codes on each side. They should match.

I specifically used a label maker to label ALL of the connector shells in my machine so that never happens.

#810 3 years ago

Specifically check these plugs to see if they are swapped.

20200329_200001 (resized).jpg20200329_200001 (resized).jpg
#811 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Specifically check these plugs to see if they are swapped.
[quoted image]

Okay!
Well, as a matter of fact, it has not worked since a set it up where it is now.
I will surely check this up. But I actually thought that they couldn't be switched? They always seems to be "keyed" so you can't put them wrong.
But it makes sense, what you are saying, cause the rest of the game works.

Thanks a lot!

Will try to check it out tomorrow.

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from TerminatorNo1:

Okay!
Well, as a matter of fact, it has not worked since a set it up where it is now.
I will surely check this up. But I actually thought that they couldn't be switched? They always seems to be "keyed" so you can't put them wrong.
But it makes sense, what you are saying, cause the rest of the game works.
Thanks a lot!
Will try to check it out tomorrow.

You would think that but the SAME thing happened to me when I first got my Elektra. Was supposed to a a mostly working machine. Totally frustrating at first. The harness had been labeled with blue painters tape and those particular connectors were labeled wrong. Since it was supposed to be working and I plugged in things as they were labeled. Went back over all the wiring and then dropped a few choice four letter words when I noticed the problem. I labeled them properly so that should never happen again.

Elektra is an odd case where it has a couple connectors that can be swapped that that and when that happens you may not notice right away.

If that does it please update the Facebook thread as well since it may help others.

1 month later
#813 3 years ago

So I'd like to join the club, just wanted to know if there were any secret handshakes or anything I need to know about first. Picked up an Elektra this morning, we'll be flipping this evening. Will post a few pics once I get it up and running. I'm really looking forward to diving into this title

#814 3 years ago

A few pictures as promised, this is going to be a real enjoyable game for me, has a lot going for it. Machine is in great shape, back glass is in excellent condition and the upper Playfield shows almost no ware. One broken plastic and some minor wear on the front of the head but overall a really solid machine.

20210314_212306 (resized).jpg20210314_212306 (resized).jpg20210314_212332 (resized).jpg20210314_212332 (resized).jpg20210314_212402 (resized).jpg20210314_212402 (resized).jpg20210314_212455 (resized).jpg20210314_212455 (resized).jpg20210314_212939 (resized).jpg20210314_212939 (resized).jpg
#815 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So I'd like to join the club, just wanted to know if there were any secret handshakes or anything I need to know about first. Picked up an Elektra this morning, we'll be flipping this evening. Will post a few pics once I get it up and running. I'm really looking forward to diving into this title

Nice looking Elektra, appears to be in exceptional shape and with the red clear mini flippers!
Good score, enjoy!

Love Elektra's back glass and playfield art along with the cool and eerie ambience of the sci-fi audio.
[Be careful lifting and propping up the playfield, as it is possible to damage the back upper playfield plastics. Also, don't rest the playfield on the lower playfield kick out bracket.]

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

A few pictures as promised, this is going to be a real enjoyable game for me, has a lot going for it. Machine is in great shape, back glass is in excellent condition and the upper Playfield shows almost no ware. One broken plastic and some minor wear on the front of the head but overall a really solid machine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the purchase. I love mine and love to stream it on YouTube and Twitch

Also think about changing out the targets for translucent ones (the kind this machine originally came with). They really improve the look - but they can be a hassle to put in.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#817 3 years ago

Yes that target swap is worth the work. Just finished changing all of mine two weeks ago and it really improved the game appearance.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Congrats on the purchase. I love mine and love to stream it on YouTube and Twitch
Also think about changing out the targets for translucent ones (the kind this machine originally came with). They really improve the look - but they can be a hassle to put in.

Oddly enough one of the first things I thought about doing, I know they're a pain to swap but I did it for my space shuttle machine and love the result. I'm only one day into it and I can see where the payoff would be worth the effort with this title. Which brings to mind a question, are the lollipops on the lower play field the same length as the middle Playfield?

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

Nice looking Elektra, appears to be in exceptional shape and with the red clear mini flippers!
Good score, enjoy!
Love Elektra's back glass and playfield art along with the cool and eerie ambience of the sci-fi audio.
[Be careful lifting and propping up the playfield, as it is possible to damage the back upper playfield plastics. Also, don't rest the playfield on the lower playfield kick out bracket.]

Thanks for the pointers and you're right, this game has a lot going for it.

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

(snip) are the lollipops on the lower play field the same length as the middle Playfield?

Yes, except they are yellow (with 1 green in the middle for 2x) - same switches and targets as main and upper pf.

#821 3 years ago

And So It Begins, just got off the phone with Steve at PBR and have a new set of stand ups on the way. Also a number of goodies from comet, can't wait to play with some lighting options with this one.
Next question, does that weird piece of weather-strip like material gasket that borders the lower play field serve an actual purpose. Mine's deteriorated pretty bad.I will certainly remove it but not sure if I want to replace it.

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

And So It Begins, just got off the phone with Steve at PBR and have a new set of stand ups on the way. Also a number of goodies from comet, can't wait to play with some lighting options with this one.
Next question, does that weird piece of weather-strip like material gasket that borders the lower play field serve an actual purpose. Mine's deteriorated pretty bad.I will certainly remove it but not sure if I want to replace it.

Nice!

The piece of weatherstrip is just cosmetic. It dresses up the rough edge of main playfield. I used some weatherstrip material on mine.

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Nice!
The piece of weatherstrip is just cosmetic. It dresses up the rough edge of main playfield. I used some weatherstrip material on mine.

Excellent, that's just what I wanted to hear. I got my own cosmetic plans for that area.

#824 3 years ago

Well that didn't take as long as I would have thought, I've had the machine less than a week and ran nto its first snag. Lost all power to all flippers the machine still boots and has sound and all the lights. Smelled a little electrical cooking from the cabinet. I checked the boards no obvious damage visually and Visually inspected the fuses and all look good. I'm new to this title, curious if anyone has had similar symptoms in the past or an idea of what I might want to look at first too breathe life back into it.

#825 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Well that didn't take as long as I would have thought, I've had the machine less than a week and ran nto its first snag. Lost all power to all flippers the machine still boots and has sound and all the lights. Smelled a little electrical cooking from the cabinet. I checked the boards no obvious damage visually and Visually inspected the fuses and all look good. I'm new to this title, curious if anyone has had similar symptoms in the past or an idea of what I might want to look at first too breathe life back into it.

Break out the multimeter and go over the power supply board to check for voltages. I don't have the specifics so look at the schematics or find an article/website that shows troubleshooting. - good luck on the repairs

1 month later
#826 3 years ago

I'm loving this game, I got her up and running again and I'm just starting the process of adding some LEDs and dressing it up cosmetically. Just a few pics, I added a Comet LED strip under shooter Lane which really lights up the graphic. I replaced the stainless steel under it 20210422_085939 (resized).jpg20210422_085939 (resized).jpgwith a piece of lexan to protect the printed Plastics. The previous owner had the danger radiation sign as a Topper but I couldn't resist mounting it to the coin door and backlighting with LEDs. The wiring is all through the coin return and can be reversed no permanent damage to the coin door. And I have also fully LED the lower Playfield, May tweak a few things but I like the way it's coming together. I have the transparent targets to swap out and enough LEDs to swap out the rest of the Playfield,now I just need to find a little more time to do it.

20210422_085732 (resized).jpg20210422_085732 (resized).jpg20210422_085710 (resized).jpg20210422_085710 (resized).jpg
#827 3 years ago

Oh yeah, tossed in a few of these also. Marcos had them and I needed a few pieces for the shooter rod assembly anyway so.....

20210422_094758 (resized).jpg20210422_094758 (resized).jpg
#828 3 years ago

I think I still have a few of my crystal upgrades for between the two center ramps. I put bendy LED's with long leads so the light would be inside the crystal so it glows when on.

20180611_204725 (resized).jpg20180611_204725 (resized).jpg
#829 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:I think I still have a few of my crystal upgrades for between the two center ramps. I put bendy LED's with long leads so the light would be inside the crystal so it glows when on.
[quoted image]

I saw those earlier in the thread, nice work. I would be down for one of those if you have an extra laying around, I think it would be a nice addition. PM me with the price if you dig one up.

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'm loving this game, I got her up and running again and I'm just starting the process of adding some LEDs and dressing it up cosmetically. Just a few pics, I added a Comet LED strip under shooter Lane which really lights up the graphic. I replaced the stainless steel under it

Nice work on your Elektra! The LED illumination under the shooter lane looks great. Where is it fastened to?

[I'd be working on my Elektra if it wasn't for finishing up other machines first.]

#831 3 years ago

Nice work on your Elektra! The LED illumination under the shooter lane looks great. Where is it fastened to?
[I'd be working on my Elektra if it wasn't for finishing up other machines first.]

Thanks, glad you like the trough lights. I'm on my way out to work right now but I'll post some pictures later this evening. A real simple install.

#832 2 years ago

The LED Where is it fastened to?

For the lights l used a comet 50 LED strip. Attached to left side rail of the shooter Lane starting where the graphic begins and then wrapping around, Follow The Line under the plastic Ending by the lock. The excess wires tuck neatly into the space near the single GI light just below the lock mechanism. I replaced the gi bulb with A comet led with Matrix connector.l them replaced the stainless steel plastic protector at the end of the shooter Lane with a clear piece of lexan that runs the length of the plastic so it sits flush when attached.

20210426_140100.jpg20210426_140100.jpg20210426_140143.jpg20210426_140143.jpg20210426_140201.jpg20210426_140201.jpg
3 weeks later
#833 2 years ago

Problems in the ball trough. Does anyone know where to find plastic kicker for the ball trough. Looks like the previous owner used Gorilla Glue to fix existing part. May have got it working but it didn't fix it. The Leading Edge that makes contact with the ball is bent and sketchy and is not pushing the ball through the ramp to the shooter Lane.
20210518_232444 (resized).jpg20210518_232444 (resized).jpg20210518_232534 (resized).jpg20210518_232534 (resized).jpg

20210519_002046 (resized).jpg20210519_002046 (resized).jpg
#834 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Does anyone know where to find plastic kicker for the ball trough.

You can get Swinks 3D modeled repro:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/LTYCZMT6T/bally-pinball-ball-outhole-kicker-arm-c-972-3-u

Or Marco has them too:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-972-3

#835 2 years ago

Thanks, I'll add it to order I'm building for Marcos. Got it working, I used J-B Weld two-part epoxy to support the peace. At least it's playable until I receive the part to fix it proper.

#836 2 years ago

Having barely eclipsed wet-behind-the-ears stage, I'm on my 5th pin - Elektra. Right away I go to work to clean it up and get new SMD/LEDs in it.

The backglass is looking fantastic (though not all lights are working even with new bulbs)! However, on the PF - blue targets arent all lighting, and the bonus lights flash/flicker brightly. Not even all of the bonus #s are lighting, but those that do, flash. Not as simple as replacing the bulb? Do those need to be non-ghosting bulbs?

Also, the mini-PF (below main PF), those GI lights dont stay on (as they do in Koji's video in this thread) - hoping it is as simple as a fuse.

All probably easy fixes, but is definitely frustrating after 4 hours and something as simple as lights arent working!

pics posted.

20210519_133034 (resized).jpg20210519_133034 (resized).jpgElektra PF - Backglass (resized).pngElektra PF - Backglass (resized).png20210519_133157 (resized).jpg20210519_133157 (resized).jpg
#837 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'm loving this game, I got her up and running again and I'm just starting the process of adding some LEDs and dressing it up cosmetically. Just a few pics, I added a Comet LED strip under shooter Lane which really lights up the graphic. I replaced the stainless steel under it [quoted image]with a piece of lexan to protect the printed Plastics. The previous owner had the danger radiation sign as a Topper but I couldn't resist mounting it to the coin door and backlighting with LEDs. The wiring is all through the coin return and can be reversed no permanent damage to the coin door. And I have also fully LED the lower Playfield, May tweak a few things but I like the way it's coming together. I have the transparent targets to swap out and enough LEDs to swap out the rest of the Playfield,now I just need to find a little more time to do it.

Loving this Forum!

Very glad that you posted these mods! Keep 'em coming!

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Thanks, I'll add it to order I'm building for Marcos. Got it working, I used J-B Weld two-part epoxy to support the peace. At least it's playable until I receive the part to fix it proper.

just to let you know Marco does purchase from my Shapeways store and only gets the exact repro version, I also have what I call the upgraded version where I strengthened up in a number of areas and give you some colour options.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinkskicker

here are all my reproduction parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksreproduction&sort=newest&s=52#more-products

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from Number1Billiards:

Loving this Forum!
Very glad that you posted these mods! Keep 'em coming!

This is a good forum and I'm glad you're enjoying the mods. I have a few things in the works that will be coming out in the next few weeks. I'll be sure to post progress. I'm new to this title and Bally's in general but I had a similar issue with my lights that you're having with your machine. Things were fine until I started adding LEDs and then lamp Matrix started getting a little wonky. I added a set of these adapters from comet which addressed all the issues and now it's game on for the LEDs.
Keep Flippin!

Screenshot_20210520-231436_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210520-231436_Chrome (resized).jpg
#840 2 years ago

Thanks again for the heads up on these. I ended up ordering it from Swinks. His version is a little beefier then the stock piece from Marcos and the total with shipping is less than Marcos part by itself. Saved a nickel!

#841 2 years ago

Shout out to Robert at the robotworkshop for getting this one out to me. I'm going to play with some different colored lights under the crystals yet. Might be just the right place for a couple of comets blue fire lights I've been holding on to. I made a half-assed attempt to paint the base around the crystals to mimic the original artwork. It works for now, now I have to swap those stand-ups.

20210522_231029 (resized).jpg20210522_231029 (resized).jpg20210522_231112 (resized).jpg20210522_231112 (resized).jpg20210522_233819 (resized).jpg20210522_233819 (resized).jpg
#842 2 years ago

Dammit Electra!! Shot a game last night and scored over four million points, only to end up 30,000 points shy of my all-time high. Oh well, that's what keeps you coming back for more I guess.

20210523_011256 (resized).jpg20210523_011256 (resized).jpg20210523_011307 (resized).jpg20210523_011307 (resized).jpg
#843 2 years ago

Hey Robert, you mentioned maybe doing some code work 4 Electra in the future. I'm not a code
guy so not sure how that works exactly,but it seems to me one thing that's really lacking on this game is a goal once you've achieved multi-ball. Would seem to make sense if during multi-ball there was a big money Target sequence to hit or something to serve as motivation to achieve multi-ball. Personally I think it would be cool if during multi-ball, say you locked both balls it would open up the lower play field to play 4 bonus and then release your balls back into play after you drain. Just spitballing.

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Shout out to Robert at the robotworkshop for getting this one out to me. I'm going to play with some different colored lights under the crystals yet. Might be just the right place for a couple of comets blue fire lights I've been holding on to. I made a half-assed attempt to paint the base around the crystals to mimic the original artwork. It works for now, now I have to swap those stand-ups.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great painted. Once school is out I’ll see if my daughter can do the same on mine. I had always hoped to find someone that could make stickers for the base around the crystals and would still like to at some point. Never thought about painting though.

Definitely would like to hear how the other LEDs work out.

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Hey Robert, you mentioned maybe doing some code work 4 Electra in the future. I'm not a code
guy so not sure how that works exactly,but it seems to me one thing that's really lacking on this game is a goal once you've achieved multi-ball. Would seem to make sense if during multi-ball there was a big money Target sequence to hit or something to serve as motivation to achieve multi-ball. Personally I think it would be cool if during multi-ball, say you locked both balls it would open up the lower play field to play 4 bonus and then release your balls back into play after you drain. Just spitballing.

I was thinking that instead of waiting until the end to get to the mini playfield that you could switch to it when locking a ball up top. I had also thought about energizing both upper and lower for a three ball

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

That looks great painted. Once school is out I’ll see if my daughter can do the same on mine. I had always hoped to find someone that could make stickers for the base around the crystals and would still like to at some point. Never thought about painting though.
Definitely would like to hear how the other LEDs work out.

Just a heads up on painting those, The Matrix on the bottom from the 3D print make them really difficult to paint and painting from the reverse side is kind of out of the question as it doesn't change its appearance from the top at all,(have you tried printing these in clear?) I'm happy with the appearance but I really like the idea of a decal or sticker attached to a clear plastic. This is a unique area on the machine that is just ripe 4 all kinds of mods. I got a few other ideas for this area not sure what I'm going to settle on just yet.
As for the coding, I absolutely love the idea of a 3 ball multi-ball scenario. Good luck.
Keep Flippin.

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Just a heads up on painting those, The Matrix on the bottom from the 3D print make them really difficult to paint and painting from the reverse side is kind of out of the question as it doesn't change its appearance from the top at all,(have you tried printing these in clear?) I'm happy with the appearance but I really like the idea of a decal or sticker attached to a clear plastic. This is a unique area on the machine that is just ripe 4 all kinds of mods. I got a few other ideas for this area not sure what I'm going to settle on just yet.
As for the coding, I absolutely love the idea of a 3 ball multi-ball scenario. Good luck.
Keep Flippin.

The only problem with this simultaneous PF talk is that the switch to engage the upper/lower flipper power is a physical one. They can't both be on at the same time unless you physically modified the game. (By the way, I wrote the rules/instruction manual contained in this club thread many pages back...)

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The only problem with this simultaneous PF talk is that the switch to engage the upper/lower flipper power is a physical one. They can't both be on at the same time unless you physically modified the game. (By the way, I wrote the rules/instruction manual contained in this club thread many pages back...)

I know. But I am looking at adding an additional relay which can engage both at once. Want to do it in a way that is reversible and transparent to the original code. I think it could be a good mode to work up to.

Would definitely be interested in hearing additional ideas and modes that would make it a more interesting game.

Year ago I made updates to a Bally Blackjack and if you messed up it would take away points (if the dealer beat you) and thinking that in one mode you could get points for hitting lit standup targets and lose points if you hit an unlit one by mistake.

#849 2 years ago

Excellent ideas guys!

I hope they happen and count me in when they do!

#850 2 years ago

Excellent ideas guys!
I hope they happen and count me in when they do!

Speaking of excellent ideas, I saw what you did to your transporter (cool game). I really like the mods. Hope you bring that skill set to your Elektra.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 10.00
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/17?hl=nplg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.