• Latest reply 2 days ago by RandyW
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Reproduction parts would you be interested in for Your Elektra Machine?”

• A Complete Plastics Set for your Elektra By CPR 58 votes
    29%
  • A complete New Playfields SET Including Upper, Main PF, and Bottom Bonus Playfields by CPR. 60 votes
    30%
  • Reproduction Production Backglass By CPR 29 votes
    15%
  • Reproduction of The Original Prototype BackGlass That was Censored. 51 votes
    26%

(Multiple choice - 198 votes by 121 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_212311 (resized).jpg
20240329_114038 (resized).jpg
20240329_113344 (resized).jpg
20240318_211852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231222_154929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_170117 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_154557 (resized).jpg
Elektra lower (resized).JPG
Elektra upper (resized).JPG
Electra Main (resized).JPG
Elektra score cards 2 (resized).jpg
Elektra score cards 1 (resized).jpg
DSCF8621 (resized).JPG
DSCF7359 (resized).JPG
received_3097864623853848 (resized).jpeg
received_1451838428923959 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Great. Maybe 1-2 more? Some one else has got to want them. If we get the commitments I’ll get off my ass and scan the game sooner than later(cabinet,playfields,backglass)

I would like to have a scan from the upper PF also.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinmagicman:

I bought one of these overlays from him and have a spare upper playfield to put it on someday. His forum name is kwietsch. The scan is very good, almost perfect. But there is a slight overlap or something. I think an entire new scan would be great to archive. There is also a company in Canada that can jet print the image directly to a sanded and primed playfield, but nobody has created vector art for them yet. I think they are offering a free printing for whoever creates the vector art.
As for the side stencils, I would love to get a set but don’t have the space in a shop to use them, so they would probably go to waste. I hope they create them though for future restorations.
We have seen Elektra come a long way in just a couple years with new plastics and more. New scans and stencils will take it even farther and ensure quality restoration resources.
Now if I can just figure out how to fix mine...

Hi, i do not think it is a perfect scan. There are dusty parts and some woodbreaks.

Elektra_25 Kopie (resized).jpgElektra_25 Kopie (resized).jpg

#503 6 years ago

https://images.pinside.com/1/36/136b757c1d51b8b280bc7ae0c75fbfe8e80067ae/resized/large/136b757c1d51b8b280bc7ae0c75fbfe8e80067ae.jpg

I have one of the overlays for the upper playfield and currently installing it. It is not perfect the 1-6, 10 numbers are the wrong font. Did some research and found the closest font is called “sui generesis” for those numbers, which I replaced. The colors are off a little but not bad. I am not a purest so better or not worn is better.

I plan on clear coating it after the install. I think the overlay is a good fix for worn machine.

#504 6 years ago

I can design stencils for this game for all of you but would like to get a few people to commit to a set. I have only gotten 2 requests for this title in the past 3-4 years and just isn't worth if for me to spend the time to do the art for 1 set and possibly never sell another set. I'm just too busy with bigger fish.

LMK if you guys are in!

Jeff

#505 6 years ago

I was soldering some loose connections under the playfield and noticed the self test button inside the coin door had a poor connection on the yellow wire. I soldered it again and then it wouldn’t go into self test mode. I unsoldered it and touched the bare wire to the bracket, which made it work. I remembered that originally it was grounded to the bracket, which I couldn’t explain. There is a photo of it in this thread at post #418. Do these buttons have a specific way to be installed? Did I install it backwards? I looked for other threads to answer this but came up empty. It just doesn’t seem right to ground it this way instead of connecting it to a post.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

I can design stencils for this game for all of you but would like to get a few people to commit to a set. I have only gotten 2 requests for this title in the past 3-4 years and just isn't worth if for me to spend the time to do the art for 1 set and possibly never sell another set. I'm just too busy with bigger fish.
LMK if you guys are in!
Jeff

I’ve got two commitments so far. Working on a third!

#507 6 years ago

Hey long-time Elektra owner here. Sold my first one missed it so much by the second one. Unfortunately my elektras been down for close to a year now and I just haven't had time to try and fix it. I have time now but I'm terrible at diagnosing machines this old. The initial problem was all of the flippers on the left side of the machine just stopped working. As I was trying to diagnose why I open the back box and was unplugging and plugging back in connectors while the machine was on. I know silly silly mistake. One of the connectors kind of sparked as I pulled it out and pushed it back in and ever since then the machine turns on and the lights come on but nothing happens, no displays and the machine doesn't start up. Does anyone know what the problem could be? What other info do you guys need to help me diagnose this problem?

#508 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Hey long-time Elektra owner here. Sold my first one missed it so much by the second one. Unfortunately my electrics been down for close to a year now and I just haven't had time to try and fix it. I have time now but I'm terrible at diagnosing machines this old. The initial problem was all of the flippers on the left side of the machine just stopped working. As I was trying to diagnose why I open the back box and was unplugging and plugging back in connectors while the machine was on. I know silly silly mistake. One of the connectors kind of sparked as I pulled it out and pushed it back in and ever since then the machine turns on and the lights come on but nothing happens no displays in the machine doesn't start up. Does anyone know what the problem could be? What other info do you guys need to help me diagnose this problem?

Ouch!

My recommendation- start at the wall plug and work your way up, checking voltages along the way. Perhaps you will get lucky and find a blown fuse.

#509 6 years ago

I'm looking for Elektra stencils for a long time, i'm in for one set !

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

https://images.pinside.com/1/36/136b757c1d51b8b280bc7ae0c75fbfe8e80067ae/resized/large/136b757c1d51b8b280bc7ae0c75fbfe8e80067ae.jpg
I have one of the overlays for the upper playfield and currently installing it. It is not perfect the 1-6, 10 numbers are the wrong font. Did some research and found the closest font is called “sui generesis” for those numbers, which I replaced. The colors are off a little but not bad. I am not a purest so better or not worn is better.
I plan on clear coating it after the install. I think the overlay is a good fix for worn machine.

Hi Mark,

don't use the "sui generesis" it is not the right font.

You should use "Future earth" and cut the 4

suigeneris (resized).PNGsuigeneris (resized).PNG
DSC_0021 (resized).JPGDSC_0021 (resized).JPG
futureearth (resized).PNGfutureearth (resized).PNG

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Hey long-time Elektra owner here. Sold my first one missed it so much by the second one. Unfortunately my elektras been down for close to a year now and I just haven't had time to try and fix it. I have time now but I'm terrible at diagnosing machines this old. The initial problem was all of the flippers on the left side of the machine just stopped working. As I was trying to diagnose why I open the back box and was unplugging and plugging back in connectors while the machine was on. I know silly silly mistake. One of the connectors kind of sparked as I pulled it out and pushed it back in and ever since then the machine turns on and the lights come on but nothing happens, no displays and the machine doesn't start up. Does anyone know what the problem could be? What other info do you guys need to help me diagnose this problem?

The pinballs are in the machine, correct? Ballys won't start if no pinballs are in the trough....

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from Sly311271:

Hi Mark,
don't use the "sui generesis" it is not the right font.
You should use "Future earth" and cut the 4

I agree the 4 was the problem number - I never found an exact match but if you are using the overlay I installed I had to do something. There was no prefect 100% font match, you are right though cutting the 4 would make it the closest font.

Thanks for that....

#513 6 years ago

Hey, wondering what size the flippers are supposed to be on the small under playfield...they are clearly smaller and they don’t come up when searching this game in Marco...thanks!

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from HamDandsome:

Hey, wondering what size the flippers are supposed to be on the small under playfield...they are clearly smaller and they don’t come up when searching this game in Marco...thanks!

They don’t make these flippers any more, that I know of. Go back to page 10 of this thread, posts 463-465, for some that can work. Lots of people are looking for these flippers for their games and they rarely come up for sale on eBay or anywhere else. Good luck and I hope you find some!

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from HamDandsome:

You have to be lucky to get the original flippers and they are expensive.
Use the substitute as "Pinmagicman" has proposed.

e4d2bbe4a064ea4d1c73f02a4a5cf3f73ea51a6a (resized).jpge4d2bbe4a064ea4d1c73f02a4a5cf3f73ea51a6a (resized).jpg

#516 6 years ago

Thanks a lot for reply...i dont have to have og i guess but the shitty em ones that are on there gotsta go! Thanks again!

#517 6 years ago

3 total for stencils. One more for cabinet stencils?

#518 6 years ago

Needs some Elektra help.

The manual says Elektra uses a Bally AS- 3107-8 Squawk and Talk boards. Will any AS-2518-61 Squawk and Talk boards work?

Thanks

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

The manual says Elektra uses a Bally AS- 3107-8 Squawk and Talk boards. Will any AS-2518-61 Squawk and Talk boards work?

AS-3107-8 is the Elektra module part number of a AS-2518-61 Squawk and Talk board fitted with Elektra sound ROMs.

#520 6 years ago

Here is my upper playfield overlay project,,,

Sorry out of order but you got tyhe idea....

E8C20FA6-96D1-4F42-8C07-FE4C88C37A3A (resized).jpegE8C20FA6-96D1-4F42-8C07-FE4C88C37A3A (resized).jpeg

DFCFC085-513E-43FB-B527-46186C07C103 (resized).jpegDFCFC085-513E-43FB-B527-46186C07C103 (resized).jpeg

ACBAB35F-3C9A-47AC-A9C3-6D47BF877E53 (resized).jpegACBAB35F-3C9A-47AC-A9C3-6D47BF877E53 (resized).jpeg

D6A8B760-A8C0-4BDD-9814-F1ADB163B95A (resized).jpegD6A8B760-A8C0-4BDD-9814-F1ADB163B95A (resized).jpeg

CAD860CF-1C2E-4F06-832D-A67B88ED5195 (resized).jpegCAD860CF-1C2E-4F06-832D-A67B88ED5195 (resized).jpeg

A85DAD99-33A0-4082-9090-6AC0DFD15711 (resized).jpegA85DAD99-33A0-4082-9090-6AC0DFD15711 (resized).jpeg

530C24F3-4197-4F24-8108-FF36E889A652 (resized).jpeg530C24F3-4197-4F24-8108-FF36E889A652 (resized).jpeg

C6CD4D92-0B8E-4FBD-8742-DDAFA410F173 (resized).jpegC6CD4D92-0B8E-4FBD-8742-DDAFA410F173 (resized).jpeg

B6C04621-C1F3-4A9B-BB21-55868DC5E760 (resized).jpegB6C04621-C1F3-4A9B-BB21-55868DC5E760 (resized).jpeg

#521 6 years ago

#522 6 years ago

Nice Work

#523 6 years ago

What flipper coils are we using for this game? Is it the same for all 3 sets? The number in the manual is out of stock at Marco...thanks for help

#524 6 years ago

I recently saw some 2" flippers on Marco's site that might work for the lower playfield, even if the shafts were swapped. Has anyone tried these? They have red ones in a photo, but say they are pink in the description.

#525 6 years ago

Does anyone have a switch matrix chart for Elektra?

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinmagicman:

Does anyone have a switch matrix chart for Elektra?

Download the manual pdf. It should be in there.

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinmagicman:

I recently saw some 2" flippers on Marco's site that might work for the lower playfield, even if the shafts were swapped. Has anyone tried these? They have red ones in a photo, but say they are pink in the description.

Have those installed on mine. They work fine and look OK, but they really are neon pink not red.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from HamDandsome:

What flipper coils are we using for this game? Is it the same for all 3 sets? The number in the manual is out of stock at Marco...thanks for help

AQ 25-500 34-4500 should be the coils

1 week later
#529 6 years ago

Mine had been working fine. But now the stand ups 1,2,3 on the lower playfield are not responding. They share MPU inputs with the green upper deck 1,2,3 switches. I played with the glass off, and when the lower playfield is active and I hit the upper 1,2,3 switches, I get credit as if I hit the lower ones. So, it seems that the MPU connection is fine. Everything else seems to work with regard to the lower playfield. All of the lights (including 1,2,3) and other switches work. Any ideas?

#530 6 years ago

Any of you Elektra owners looking for replacement flippers for the lower playfield, these will work.... cool metal finish, and get 1"flipper rubbers for them.

I bought a pair for my Spy Hunter, and they measure up perfectly to the original red ones.

www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3146

#531 6 years ago

Cool, thanks for the link.

1 week later
#532 5 years ago

Anyone have any extra red translucent tubes for the center targets or know of a source? Thanks...

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Anyone have any extra red translucent tubes for the center targets or know of a source? Thanks...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-615-R

#534 5 years ago

Here's another source http://pbresource.com/lampcov.html
pbresource (resized).JPGpbresource (resized).JPG

1 week later
#535 5 years ago

Does anyone happen to have an extra lower playfield that you could part with? Nice or not I could use one.

Thank you!

#536 5 years ago

I have a question for all the Elektra owners and those that have played the game. What do you love about the game and what would you change if you could? Not too long ago I was able to get a Bally Black Jack and with the help of a fellow pinside Quench unraveled the ROM code to understand how the machine really worked. With that I was able to patch the Game ROM and change it to add a couple new tunes with the chimes and patch the code do if you lost you would lose points. It was a fun project and now I want to try something new!

Elektra is an interesting machine that I think has a lot of untapped potential. That may take some tweaks to the code and a few HW hacks to do what I think may be possible.

Instead of the bottom playfield being used when the ball drains how about when you lock a ball under special circumstances? How about a multiball with one up and one down? How about a crazy multiball with two up and the one below for three balls at once? What do you think that would do to improve the game? I'm not sure what is possible yet but if needed a larger ROM could contain extra code for more features. I'm not going to make outlandish claims that I'll get all this done but with a well defined scope I'll take a crack at it.

I'd start with a simple change and then if that is successful build on that for other enhancements.

If you have any ideas please share them here and maybe something good can happen.

Robert

#537 5 years ago

That would be awesome Robert. I’m likely not the one to try all this out as I’m not a super player. But your rite .. lower multiball ... 3 ball multi...2 great ideas to start with

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I have a question for all the Elektra owners and those that have played the game. What do you love about the game and what would you change if you could? Not too long ago I was able to get a Bally Black Jack and with the help of a fellow pinside quench unraveled the ROM code to understand how the machine really worked. With that I was able to patch the Game ROM and change it to add a couple new tunes with the chimes and patch the code do if you lost you would lose points. It was a fun project and now I want to try something new!
Elektra is an interesting machine that I think has a lot of untapped potential. That may take some tweaks to the code and a few HW hacks to do what I think may be possible.
Instead of the bottom playfield being used when the ball drains how about when you lock a ball under special circumstances? How about a multiball with one up and one down? How about a crazy multiball with two up and the one below for three balls at once? What do you think that would do to improve the game? I'm not sure what is possible yet but if needed a larger ROM could contain extra code for more features. I'm not going to make outlandish claims that I'll get all this done but with a well defined scope I'll take a crack at it.
I'd start with a simple change and then if that is successful build on that for other enhancements.
If you have any ideas please share them here and maybe something good can happen.
Robert

Cool ideas Robert! I like locking a ball up top and starting the lowest PF - perhaps for a goal (so many times looped over the horseshoe)?

-Unless you have wiring changes, the lowest playfield can't be on at the same time as the main due to a relay.

Looking forward to seeing updates on this.

Jeremy

#539 5 years ago

I want to make small changes at first and see what I can do without any wiring mods. At some point i'd like to see about having both playfields on and make a plug in adapter so it is an easily reversible mod.

Before I get to that I have some work to do on the machine to get it running 100% so I can base things from a working machine. That way if something isn't acting right it will probably be a code issue.

At the moment I can't get into self test (maybe just a bad switch) but found some re-wiring done with some speaker wire that I'll need to clean up. Also when the lower playfield is active the lower flippers don't work. I'm going to see if I can fix some of those later today.

#540 5 years ago

If there are any open solenoid drivers then one of those could possibly be used to enable both play fields at once. Need to check for that as I get familiar with the schematics.

#541 5 years ago

This sounds interesting.....

#542 5 years ago

I have a question for all the Elektra owners and those that have played the game. What do you love about the game and what would you change if you could? Not too long ago I was able to get a Bally Black Jack and with the help of a fellow pinside quench unraveled the ROM code to understand how the machine really worked. With that I was able to patch the Game ROM and change it to add a couple new tunes with the chimes and patch the code do if you lost you would lose points. It was a fun project and now I want to try something new!
Robert

Hi Robert, that is a nice idee. Would like to take part in the project.

1. For the beginning i think it would be nice to have a better background music.
e.g. 2 different depending if you are on the lower playfield or not.

2. possibility to collect more elektra units

3. if you lock two balls you go to the lower playfield not only if you loose your ball
(you can only stay there the time of your elektra units, then the lower playfield turnes off and your 2 balls are released.

4. also some flashers would be nice e.g. if you are in multiball.

5. some female voice parts, e.g. like in xenon

I think on the sound board there are a free bank, so a new soundtrack would be possible. Could think about one if you like.

#543 5 years ago

I haven't looked at the way the sound is done. It may not be too bad to leverage all the existing words but just rearrange them in new phrases. I think that is an option.

Adding different music that is outside my skills but maybe a Pinsound could be added.

Going to the lower playfield when two balls are locked should work with the existing hardware.

I think the first pass is to just focus on updates that don't require any hardware changes.

#544 5 years ago

Quick question for the group. When the machine is in attract mode do you normally hear the relay clicking? That is what seems to happen on this one.

Still debugging the flippers not working when the lower playfield is active. Uppers work during that time. If I press the button under the playfield I see the 555 bulb light and e lower playfield flippers work. Occasionally I'll hear that relay click while playing afterwards and then all the flippers work intermittently. It seems like it is just a bad connection somewhere. From the schematics it looks like that relay is controlled by the aux lamp driver on connector J3 pin 7. On this machine it looks like a couple extra adapter boards were added at the output connectors which I think were in place so leds could be used. Not sure if that is causing issues with that relay switching or not. I may just temporarily pull those out to see. I know the game had been working before so I think something just got knocked loose.

Anyone have a spare relay board? It would be nice to have a spare for testing. Im going to pull that as well as the lamp drivers and reflow any questionable connections. May just get lucky and find a bad solder joint.

I have some other upgrades for this machine in mind after I get it working right.

#545 5 years ago

The extra adapter boards are the Siegecraft LED anti-flicker adapters. No printing on them, because that set was a prototype version.
The upper flippers should shut off when the lowers go active.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

The extra adapter boards are the Siegecraft LED anti-flicker adapters. No printing on them, because that set was a prototype version.
The upper flippers should shut off when the lowers go active.

Thanks for the note on those boards! I thought they must be for the LEDs but didn't see any identification on them. Mystery solved on that one.

I've read on another thread where someone else had a similar issue. I'm sure it is just going to be a bad connection or solder joint from moving the machine. Will see how all the headers look and it may just take reflowing the solder to fix it.

#547 5 years ago

I pulled both the lamp driver and aux lamp driver boards. Found bad solder connections on both of the boards. I'm going to clean those up and resolder them. That may take care of the issue with the lower flippers.

#548 5 years ago

Found a bad 106 SCR and solder connections. Still no luck getting the lower flippers going but I have more of the lights working. Should have time to dig more into it this weekend,

#549 5 years ago

Found a bad 106 SCR and solder connections. Still no luck getting the lower flippers going but I have more of the lights working. Should have time to dig more into it this weekend,

I honestly think you're looking into your flipper issue too much..... if you replace solenoid expander, those flips should work just right.

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

I honestly think you're looking into your flipper issue too much..... if you replace solenoid expander, those flips should work just right.

Maybe, but at least I'm fixing other issues along the way! Do you know of anyone that stocks a replacement board? It looks like Rottendog and pinpoint make them.

I have a few MOC3011 chips coming and will try swapping that out on the relay board and test it on the bench. The flippers were working before it was moved that is why I was leaning toward a bad connection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/11?hl=slghokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.