• 13 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Milton187
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi Folks,

I picked up and Elektra and I don't have a multi-meter handy but it has no slingshots.
It will not launch a ball. Flippers all work. Bumpers work. No obvious broken wire.
No blown fuse. I have the same problem on an Embryon.

Someone has probably had this problem before and give me a starting place.

Thanks for the help,

Milton

#2 9 years ago

I have 20 volts at the slings and ball launch.
Milton

#3 9 years ago

Also the only solenoid that fires in the test is the knocker!

#4 9 years ago

I'm thinking stuck switch? I will try to download the manual. I have switch 18 stuck.
Milton

#5 9 years ago

Nope. Not a switch. Lower level flippers don't work either.
Broken wire?

Milton

#6 9 years ago

Ok, this is starting to bug me. No coil power even in test mode except upper flippers and knocker.
I've never had an Elektra but it looks fun!

Uncle milton

#7 9 years ago

Come on. Tech needed!

#8 9 years ago

Is the fuse under the playfield (maybe near the flippers?) blown?

#9 9 years ago

Hi vid1900. No sir. It's crazy. I'm no moron but I think it's something simple I'm missing.

#10 9 years ago

And I have the same problem on two machines!

#11 9 years ago

Ok. I noticed a broken wire (broken plastic coil) and re-soldered it. I now have two more coils. I'm waiting on my printer to print the schematic out. Man it never ends. Out of toner. Go to Wal-Mart and they are out. When doing a switch test I had several stuck switches. I managed to sort that. Some have reported issues starting when a switch is stuck.

I also noticed some repaired wires on the coin door. Very bad. I was also going to test a couple of wires on the driver harness connector and they are burnt. I will repair these then report.

vid1900, I'm getting the Bondic pen in the mail today. IT should be perfect to repair the broken plastic coil housing!

Milton

#12 9 years ago

Start at the rectifier board and see if your voltages are correct, then move along until you find the point you lose the voltage.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-quick-bally-driver-board-repair-bulletproofing/page/2#post-2113931

#13 9 years ago

vid1900: Wow. I have a few problems. One could have been mine. Found a small screw that shorted out one of the pop bumpers and a lamp. Now the slingshots to work but now I have a row of lights out!
That will be an easy fix. Seems like a pretty fun game! With some work I think she will be a beauty.

vid1900: I love your guides! They should be stickies! And required reading! I always have to search for them.

Consider this case solved! I will repost if the shorted light turns out to be trouble!

Uncle Milty

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-no-slingshot-power-or-ball-launch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.