Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Elektra_A9 (resized).jpg
20171203_105902 (resized).jpg
20171203_105914 (resized).jpg
20171203_105856 (resized).jpg
Bally-Elektra_Lamps.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalkatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I've been collecting info to create a Tech Chart for Bally - Elektra.
After going through the manual and schematics, I found an error or so I think.
I found two thyristor designations for "Tilt", but there is only one Tilt lamp behind the back glass.
I'm missing the designations for the saucer hole (top and right) "Shoot Again".
My guess would be that the wroung labeled "Tilt" lamp is actualy the "Shoot Again" lamp(s) connection.
Here is where your help comes in....
Where does the wire from A9J3-17 (Aux. lamp driver board) go to? Wire color should be 38 (Yel-Blk).
Is it indeed the Tilt lamp?
The commonly used connection for the Tilt lamp has a Yel-Wht wire and comes from A5J2-10.
Which wire color is used for the "Shoot Again" lamps at the top saucer and the right saucer?
Where does it connect on the lamp driver board? Or is it the Aux. lamp driver board?
Perhaps it is A9J3-17 ((code 38) Yel-Blk)?
The attached file is for all the lamps I've found with help of the manual/schematics.
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

If no one gets to you about this by Thursday, I'll look for you when I get back into town.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

If no one gets to you about this by Thursday, I'll look for you when I get back into town.

I'm back in town so I'll look at my Elektra tonight and let you know what I find out.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I've been collecting info to create a Tech Chart for Bally - Elektra.
After going through the manual and schematics, I found an error or so I think.
I found two thyristor designations for "Tilt", but there is only one Tilt lamp behind the back glass.
I'm missing the designations for the saucer hole (top and right) "Shoot Again".
My guess would be that the wroung labeled "Tilt" lamp is actualy the "Shoot Again" lamp(s) connection.
Here is where your help comes in....
Where does the wire from A9J3-17 (Aux. lamp driver board) go to? Wire color should be 38 (Yel-Blk).
Is it indeed the Tilt lamp?
The commonly used connection for the Tilt lamp has a Yel-Wht wire and comes from A5J2-10.
Which wire color is used for the "Shoot Again" lamps at the top saucer and the right saucer?
Where does it connect on the lamp driver board? Or is it the Aux. lamp driver board?
Perhaps it is A9J3-17 ((code 38) Yel-Blk)?
The attached file is for all the lamps I've found with help of the manual/schematics.
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

Okay, I finally got a second to look into this for you.

Pictures I have attached show the A9J3-17 yellow/black wire(even though it isn't anywhere in the manual) going into a connector near aux board nearby, then leads to the lower left(looking from back of back box) to the tilt. It meets the yellow/white wire from A5J2-10 there.

A5J2-2 is N/U
A5J3-18 is N/U
A9J3-18 is N/U

I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding the "shoot again" wiring at the saucers...the only thing I see is the "when lit" arrows, but the only "shoot again" I see is by the lower right saucer, under the 5X light and that must be the A5J3-22, as that is the blue/yellow wire and that is what is attached to that light.

Hope that helps clarify things up for you. Any other help, just let me know.

20171203_105856 (resized).jpg20171203_105856 (resized).jpg

20171203_105914 (resized).jpg20171203_105914 (resized).jpg

20171203_105902 (resized).jpg20171203_105902 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalkatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-lamps-help-needed?tu=metalkatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.