Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Allibaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

danica-mckellar.jpg
    JELL-O.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeff_phx_az.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 12 years ago

You wont be doing nothing in regards to "pinball machines"!! No soldering, no nothing! I took an electronics class and no one there knew nothing about pinball, even the instructor didn't even know what a "leaf switch" was, and he held a MASTERS degree in electronics. So I brought one in to show him and he looked at it like a caveman would a lighter!You do learn the color bands on resistors and there purpose. You will learn "kirchoff's law", "Ohm's law", you will learn how to make a circuit. There really wasn't anything hands on except learning to read a multi-meter and take readings off batteries, etc. It was useless really if you wont to learn how to work on pins! I was wanting to learn how to solder on circuit boards, etc. but nothing like that in the first 2 years I went. I learned more by going on pinball websites and researching. Save your money!! You been warned!

#7 12 years ago

oh ya hope your EXCELLENT in math? It was all about math! Kinda frustrating to be honest, and a waste of cash that I could have bought another pin with!

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Firebaall said:DCFAN said:
    Most electrical engineers that have 4-year degrees are paper pushers rather than circuit builders.

Of course, the good thing about the paper pushing from my experience as an EE is that it usually pays more than hands-on work.
    </blockquot

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

(Although basic grammar is apparently not a requirement.)

Taking note of this Unwarranted shot!! Was just trying to let the OP know I was in the same boat as him and in case he was unaware theres alot of Math involved, which know one informed me about!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeff_phx_az.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/electronics-courses-at-community-college?tu=jeff_phx_az and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.