3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pookycade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

So I've been checking around for alternatives to quarter drop payments for people that want to play pinball that don't want to mess around with quarters. I'm also looking for something that will still utilize the traditional coin mech for casual customers but allow electronic payments and coin-ups for regulars and tech savvy customers.

PayRange seems to be what I'm looking for but I think it has limitations. Can it be used on EMs, early SS, WPC etc., without bill validators? It didn't seem like this system does this at all. Maybe I'm missing something. But the system is minimal and inexpensive even if they take a large percentage. I like how the dongle is hidden.

Card swipe systems need an expensive kiosk and readers on each machine. Aside from the up-front costs, seems to be a solution. Not sure if there are limitations on number of machines or anything like that. Don't really like that the reader is on the coin door. But would this even work for EM and early SS?

Tokens. I know this isn't a cashless system, but it was something we were tossing around. It would involve different or combination mech be installed. You could sell tokens at a reduced rate for loyal customers. But what would keep someone from buying tokens on-line for 10c each and using them in your establishment?

I guess I'm really looking for something like PayRange where it's unobtrusive, takes electronic payment and can add credits to newer and older games without a bill validator installed.

Anything else people are using or can recommend that I might not be aware of?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/electronic-payment-options-for-route-games?tu=schudel5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.