Greetings, I purchased a (1980) Black Knight Pinball machine at an estate sale (cheap). I brought it home and was lucky enough to bring it to life. My wife, kids and grandkids just love the machine. I was hoping there was someone out there that could school me on what I need to do to bring it to a reliable state. Right now it's kinda of finicky. Sometimes it works and others it looses it mind and just keeps on paying.
The problems are
1. Two balls are kicked out when the game starts
2. When I go through the testing system the solenoids seem to operate but when the game is on the red bell at the top does not work.
3. The targets do not all go up or down when the game resets.
4. The player 2,3, and 4 do not seem to work. The number test work and the numbers light up, but they do not maintain the score.
5. I use the coin assembly to provide the games; is there any way to put the game in free play.
6. Can you use LED lights to replace the incandescent bulbs?
7. When I opened the door I found that someone had been inside and replace some wires (not sure why). There were missing screws and I read somewhere that I need to replace some of the card connectors.
I'm pretty good with electro-mechanical equipment but would like a source for parts, manual and a little experience.
Thanks for listening.
Strong Bad 1954