Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mbecker
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I don't play daily so maybe different situation than you, but considering this is ~25 year old (only got 90's games) electrical machines I don't trust them enough to have them on when I'm not there/at work/sleep and so on. Also, I want to minimize the risk of damage caused by thunderstorms/spikes in the electricity, thus they are always unplugged when I'm not playing.
    I have three games each connected to the same electrical cord, so I simply pull out two cords from the wall and all six games are "off the grid" and safe from electrical harm and potential fires (not being energized).
    Booting up a pin takes like 10 seconds, so I don't see the problem with starting them when wanting to play.

What’s the longest you have left them unplugged ? I always wondered approx. how long it takes to drain the old school battery’s on the classic 90’s Bally/WMS machines and lose settings. That is if yours aren’t upgraded. Mine are not.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

It won’t matter if they are plugged in or not in terms of batteries. You’ll probably want to change your batteries proactively so they don’t leak so you likely won’t realize their full life span. If I were to guess I’d say “many years”. If you are up for a little soldering I would say NVRAM is completely worth it.

I thought the battery’s only came into play on older games as far as settings were concerned.
    If the power goes out or the game is unplugged the power from the battery’s
    Keep the settings from clearing.
    I use lithium battery’s and change them every 4 years so I’m not worried about leakage. I’m just curious how long the battery’s last if a game is not plugged into a electric receptacle for a period of time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/electrical-usage-?tu=ultimategameroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.