Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GL_Pinguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Ok, I guess I am more of a mechanic and not an electrician. I bought this MSF and everything seems to work, but I noticed that the flashers do not work. Pulling the back glass I see that the F6 fuse is not int eh holder. So I pop one in and power up and it blow right away. I checked the plugs and tried again, same result. I pulled the PBB board out to check the transistors and they all test out OK as does the bridge. It looks like a couple of the sockets have been replaced. The relay looks to have been replaced also.

Trying the read the schematics that I found online are kind of difficult. Any suggestions as to where to start to look.

#2 11 years ago

Bad socket, bad bulb, short to wiring.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

I pulled all of the flasher bulbs on the back glass area and checked all of the sockets. I pulled all of the plugs for the flashers on the play-field, same result. Going to take a break and try with fresh eyes tomorrow.

#4 11 years ago

I did find more hacks on the power board, I think this game is going to more of a project than I thought. A good learning experience?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.00
$ 36.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/electrical-problem-with-msf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.