(Topic ID: 220781)

Electrical Flipper Trouble - Guns N' Roses - GNR - Little help, please?

By HighwayStarr

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highwaystarr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

A few months ago i was playing GNR and my left UPPER flipper stopped responding properly-it would kind of flip what seemed like 40-50% of the time i hit the button. I stopped the game thinking maybe i had a mechanical issue but did not. After i turned the game back on and was trying to diagnose the issue by simply pushing the putton and watching to see how it would respond my LOWER Left flipper suddenly energized and blew a fuse (F3 in the flipper board) i once again turned the machine off. Once i replaced the fuse turned the machine back on the flipper energized again so i shut it off and the lower left flipper relased and went back to its normal down posistion. i checked the diodes and coils on both flippers and everything checked out OK EXCEPT for the lower flipper was extremely warm and looked stressed. I pulled the flipper board and determined there was an issue with an F3 transistor on that board. I also rebuilt the lower left ("HOT") flipper and put a new coil in it since although it read good it looked very suspect as the windings looked very stressed. I had a spare flipper board that I threw in and i was back in business. I played a couple games and all was good. Then i didnt play it for a couple of months until the 4th of July. That morning i started a game and a few mins into a game THE EXACT SAME THING happened. Upper left flipper begin to fail by not always firing as i hit the button , lower left flipper enegizes and BLOWS fuse F3. Since i never found a failure on the upper flipper or blew a fuse on it but it seems to be the first thing thats been affected each time im thinking its possibly an issue at the cabinet button since its a common area for both or maybe possibly an EOS switch on F3? -I don't believe my upper flipper has an EOS. Just curious if anyone out there has any guidance on what the culprit might be or any other suggestions? Thanks

BTW I am using the RottenDog FLP023 Flipper Boards when I refer to F3 fuse

-Mike

#2 5 years ago

Bump

As expected when i put my other spare in everything is working normally. I'm puzzled at what the issue could that's causing these cards to fail since its intermittent

Anyone?

Thanks!

#4 5 years ago

Correct, rottendog before , rottendog now. however I have lost 2 RDs in the past couple of months with pretty much the exact same issue . ( I have 3 total) I also have the OEM board but it has bad fuse clip on it that I need to replace before I can use it again. Coincidence?? Idk

#5 5 years ago

Well ... looks I am back to square one . Game worked fine after I put another RD flp023 board in. Played a full 5 ball game including 5 ball multiball and had no issues. This morning I was playing again and after a few mins the LOWER left flipper locked on and the F3 fuse blew again. Replaced fuse started game and BAM same thing only immediately. So obviously something intermittent appears to be zapping these flipper boards. Ugh!

Anyone got any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highwaystarr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/electrical-flipper-help-guns-n-roses-gnr-little-help-please-?tu=highwaystarr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.