(Topic ID: 139976)

Electrical advise needed please

By Spencer

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lucky_egg.jpg
    pinside-pcb.jpg
    transfor_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spencer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I just got a trash project and sent the board out for repair, board is back and I'd like to install it and try it out. Power cord coming in was damaged and hacked back together, so I'm not sure it's correct.

Your typical grounded plug, I have 3 colors black, white and green with a a yellow tracer. I need to be sure of what to connect those to with the 3 wires coming off the board.

Any help would be appreciated.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

I guess it's for a lucky egg chicken machine (capsule vendor).

Yes, but it's the Flintstones version. I have no manual and can't find anything.

#16 8 years ago

Alright, finally got to working on it. Hooked it up as suggested and it beeped and I could hear the speaker crackle. I thought great, progress! Closed the door, put in a quarter, wouldn't take it. Managed to find a token inside the machine, pushed it in........ And..... Yabba Dabba Doo!! Fred started spinning, speaker/voice worked great. Fred kept spinning as did the redemption tray, without thinking I unplugged it, instead of hitting the prize release switch, to stop the action.

Called the wife down to see, plugged it back in and no go. Checked the fuse, its ok, speaker still has the crackle but when inserting a coin, nothing happens. So depressing, lol.

So I guess progress, any ideas where to start? I really need to find a wiring diagram and I know I could fix this.

#17 8 years ago

Ok update. Unplugged it, triple checked the fuse etc, left it off for about 5 mins. Plugged it back it, and Fred started to spin right away. Used the switch to stop him this time but that's it, insert coin, no go.

Noticed the power cord was looking bad, replaced it, left it off alittle longer this time to do the swap. Plugged it back in, it beeped like it did the first time, thought I was in business!

Put in a token, Fred spinned, said "Yabba, Dabba, Doo!" Used the switch to stop him, this time, he said "Dino loves you!"

Tried another token and nothing!! Seems if I leave it unplugged for abit to cool down something, it works great.....

#18 8 years ago

One last update for tonight...

I think it actually may be the "coin-slide" mechanism. It appears to be 2 magnets and when they contact that triggers a start? Im not familiar with this set-up. Ive got it now that I can make it work 3-4 times in a row, wont work for 2-3 and then works again 2-3 in a row.

Everything else seems right, when it works its fantastic, I think the next step is replacing the coin sensor? Not even sure what is called or where to look for one.

Just so excited for my 2 girls to see it, play it they are so excited to get some prizes!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spencer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/electrical-advise-needed-please?tu=spencer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.