3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ftballgameclose (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I was wondering if anyone out there is into the electric football? I've been looking into getting one from Tudor. It turns out that it's evolved over the years and some people even make their own fields now. These games were a part of Christmas for so many families. I was on the miniature football forum MFCA and it amazing how many people are still into it. I didn't see any clubs or tournaments in my area. Some of you may have it in your game rooms.

#2 3 years ago

I remember them well.

ftballgameclose (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

I had one as a kid and it came w/Chiefs and Colts. We played w/these but never really understood how you were supposed to. Helps to have a good imagination I suppose........

#4 3 years ago

Explain how this works? All I see is a bunch of plastic dudes on a vibrating surface. Is their a strategy? Do you line your guys up special ways?

#5 3 years ago

Once the guy with the ball is touched plays over. So surrounding the runner with various blocking techniques is crucial.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Do you line your guys up special ways?

We lined ours up on a window sil...and shot em with B B's!

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from bushz:

clubs or tournaments in my area.

#8 3 years ago

Don't forget the kicker. One guy you would pull his leg back and try to make a field goal.

#9 3 years ago

What a bummer. They used to release a version every year featuring that year's Superbowl teams. I always told myself I would get on if the Vikings found their way back to the big game. The monochromatic players with stickers just doesn't do it for me.

#10 3 years ago

Had one for years. Lost the original football and had to make replacements from small pieces of paper.

#11 3 years ago

I had one that I loved dearly many moons ago. Can't recall the brand . I'll look it up somewhere.
    It had a quarter back that could pass. He had a spring loaded arm you had to flick. The idea was to run the play and shut off the power and try to pass to your receiver. They had a flat metal a plate under their feet and the ball was a little football shaped magnet. If he caught it you switched power on and let them run again.

#12 3 years ago

Loved electric football as a kid. Still remember ordering all the teams from the sears catalog!

#13 3 years ago

Passing was questionable at best. Seem to remember the newer ones back then had directional controls on the player bases. How about the damn clock that was vibration powered?? We never used it.

#14 3 years ago

My 9 yr old is getting the Tudor table for Christmas. I'm excited because I always wanted one. He will love it as its customized to the cowboys field. We will have fun battling each other on a simple old school toy.

#15 3 years ago

When I was a kid in Dallas I wanted a cowboy version but there was no way you could get that. My grandmother was smart and got a raiders version and it looked just like cowboys away jerseys.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Explain how this works? All I see is a bunch of plastic dudes on a vibrating surface. Is their a strategy? Do you line your guys up special ways?

Yes, each player has a direction they naturally move, even different speeds. Once you identify that you can take advantage of it by setting up the players such that the lineman can open up a hole for the running back, or the defense can position players in tiers such that they can plug the holes. I've never actually played one with passing or kicking though.

#17 3 years ago

Coleco was a big player in that market.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 24.00
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 265.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside