(Topic ID: 310478)

Elec engineers/ smart people Help??? (alert system for unsecured truck load)

By Beechwood

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinzrfun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DBDB9FE9-E2AB-4C40-9ED3-47EF107328BC (resized).jpeg
    89B26C65-6746-4ABA-B45F-7D78FEC16DFE (resized).png
    CB6F5472-7B07-4C1D-B1BD-DE8984E703F6.gif
    9cd579ef03bb231c8c7b4fc98991aa1e (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 2 years ago

I see where the OP is coming from. If a buzzer goes off, and the only way to shut it off is to get out and throw a switch at the back of the bed, then at that point there is no excuse to "forget" to strap down the load. To be any more foolproof, the cutoff switch would have to be part of the strapping down mechanism, but I suppose putting that much engineering into a one-off would probably be excessive.

I like the idea of an optical load detector, over something having to withstand sliding pallets. Something strong enough to bounce the beam back with a mirror, to save having to run wires on both sides. A laser, probably.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elec-engineers-smart-people-help?tu=DanQverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.