(Topic ID: 216064)

Eldorado drop targets stick. First one down.

By SteamVette

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SteamVette
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1835 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

So I purchased a Gottlieb Eldorado EM game. Everything has been gone through with new targets ect. So when i start a new game and hit any of the drop targets for the first time on the top bank of targets it takes a while for the first one to go down. Then all the others drop as they should. Doesn't seam to matter which target I hit first its always slow. Any tricks to this? Everything seams to be in order? Tried to upload a vid but I can only do a photo.

Photo below is not my machine. Mine has new targets. Reference only.

image (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Check for the binding in the reset bar and solenoids under the playfield. Sounds like the mechanism is sticking.

#3 2 years ago

I can see when the solenoids reset the targets they stay in the pulled position and that first target has a hard time pushing them back out. Should the solenoids automaticity push back out? See pic. Easy way to adjust them?

image (resized).jpg

#4 2 years ago

They should only retract, that is the plunger should move into the coil, when resetting the targets. Then they should extend into the non-reset position by themselves. There usually is a return spring. These are 120 volt coils, so unplug the machine to work near these. They need to work smoothly. I have seen them get sticky from dirty coil sleeves.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks, I don't see a spring connected to the restet bar. i would think a spring would help place that back into the non reset posistion. I will clean the sleeves to see if that helps. If any one knows of a spring on this bar please let me know.

#6 2 years ago

There should be two torsion springs, one on each end of the reset bar.

#7 2 years ago

Mr Leckmeck beat me to it.

The axle for the reset bar has the spring on the ends. The smaller target banks that only use 1 reset solenoid "might" only have the torsion spring on one end. Pictured below is one of the springs from an Atlantis 10-target bank. The Gottlieb part number for the spring appears to be A-13455. If your target banks have the spring(s) intact, then the pivot points (and solenoid coil sleeves?) might be gunked up and sticking.

IMG_1835 (resized).JPG

#8 2 years ago

Suggest you get a copy of the 1978 Volume P Gottlieb Parts Catalog from Pinball Resource if you plan to own 70's wedgeheads. It is a must have resource. All of $20.

http://pbresource.com/books.html

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Suggest you get a copy of the 1978 Volume P Gottlieb Parts Catalog from Pinball Resource if you plan to own 70's wedgeheads. It is a must have resource. All of $20.
http://pbresource.com/books.html

Agreed. The exploded-view diagram of the drop target bank assembly is amazing.

Original copies sometimes turn up on eBay. The reproduction doesn’t have the spot colors.

#11 2 years ago

Thanks all. I purchased a copy of the parts catalog book...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 70.00
Lighting - Interactive
Cobra Amusements
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 6,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 149.00
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside