• 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10FDD8B5-78C8-4B1A-B58D-D451014FCE1D (resized).jpeg
FB88036A-0EBD-44A2-B2F2-2363AC3D2B9F (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 2 years ago

I'm at around 70 hours and level 80ish. My first souls game. I'm trying to avoid too many guides or spoilers, but I have looked up stuff like weapon recommendations. Smithing stones have been tough to come by, making me very stingy with them.

I had no idea going in a went with an Astrologer. Learning to dodge and keep distance has been key. I have like 3 staves (staffs?) that I need to choose between, but I'm afraid of wasting stones.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Leveling up weapons is arguably more important than your overall level.

Agreed. I had Astrologer's +8 before finding Meteorite. Meteorite doesn't allow upgrades, but is already better and scales S with INT. I don't think upgrading Astrologer's or Demi-human will make it better than Meteorite. I'm considering sword upgrades for times when I need it, but I also have Moonveil and only need a couple more DEX to use it.

Once you figure out the mechanics, which are extremely opaque, these kinds of decisions are a big part of the fun.

#25 2 years ago

I'm a relative novice, so some of this might not be quite right.

*** MINOR SPOILERS MAYBE ***

When you level up, you get to add a point to an attribute, so for me as Astrologer, I choose INT most often.

A weapon will have minimum values (numbers) for some attributes before you can use it effectively. If any are red, don't bother equipping it.

A weapon will also have a letter for one of more attributes, which is the scaling. If I remember correctly, they're like E,D,C,B,A,S from worst to best. The better it is, the more your weapon improves when you upgrade that particular attribute.

When you strengthen your weapon using stones, it will sometimes improve the scaling as well. There are regular stones with levels, something like 1-5, each type allowing you to upgrade your weapon three levels. So, stone [1] can get you +1, +2, +3. Stone [2] for +4, +5, +6. Somber smithing stones are for a whole other tier of weapons.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

there are fewer periods of rest

What really drove this home for me was when I was in the middle of a conversation with an NPC and was attacked from behind.

YOU DIED

2 weeks later
#127 1 year ago

I tend to forget to spend my runes before I fight bosses. When I get my ass handed to me, I think "Oh, well. I'll just pick them up during the next try." Then, about the 5th attempt, I don't make it around to picking them up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eldin-ring?tu=herg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.