• 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10FDD8B5-78C8-4B1A-B58D-D451014FCE1D (resized).jpeg
FB88036A-0EBD-44A2-B2F2-2363AC3D2B9F (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 1 year ago

Was gifted this game from a co-worker who is a major Souls fan. Gotta say its pretty overwhelming and I can see why people dig these games. I appreciate the challenge and I always feel like I know why I died and what I need to avoid or do better next time.

I've been going with a Samauri dual Katana build with a couple bleed-type Ashes of War and it seems like its working pretty good so far. I'm definitely struggling with some of the bosses though. Can't seem to finish off Godrick in the first castle dungeon no matter what I do. And trying to farm stones in the Crystal caves was a rude awakening as it seems like the enemies in there are downright immune to my weapons (picked up a club/hammer type of weapon and its amazing the difference in damage).

Really cool game and I can't believe how big the world feels.

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from HHaase:

The crystal miners are very weak to magic, I've been hitting them with Glintstone Pebble and it rips right through them. Like you said, a blunt weapon also does much better. Any kind of sharp weapon will make you stumble.
-Hans

Yeah. I haven't gone down the path of any sort of magic. Probably worth my while to get a few basic spells for things like this.

1 week later
#191 1 year ago

Finally starting to feel like I'm making some progress. Raya Lucaria seemed insurmountable when I first started it but after working on leveling up my weapons things just started to melt. I think it took me around 10 tries on the final boss and she was dead. I have a feeling my damage output was significantly more than what it should be for doing that dungeon. Same with Radahan. Basically just rode around on my horse, clicked all the summons when I could and picked him off using arrows from horseback.

It really feels like the game is opening up now. All sorts of new areas to travel to (had no idea there was an entire underground world). Samurai + dual Katanas and that blood slash pretty much one-shots every minor enemy along the way. And deals a huge chunk of damage to lots of the bosses I've dealt with.

Now I'm struggling on this dual Gargoyle boss in the underground city. They just melt my wolf ash summons and then poison the crap out of me whenever I manage to get close for a swipe. Might have to do some re-strategizing on these guys haha. Probably also need to get the Mimic Tear summons first before I go back and die to them.

1 week later
#211 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I feel like since I got through Raya Lucaria Academy, this game has really opened up for me. I’m progressing at a much faster pace. Completed Caria Manor, defeated Radahan, got through Nokron, got through Ranni’s quest and the upside down tower, etc. Really have a good feel for this game, only 60 hours in. Lol. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Definitely the same for me. Seems like once I finished the Adademy I was strong enough to take on a bunch of stuff.

Stuck on the Twin Gargoyles and the 'red guy' that progresses Ranni's quest at the moment but I probably just need to level up a little bit more and find the correct ashes for each fight.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eldin-ring?tu=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.