• 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10FDD8B5-78C8-4B1A-B58D-D451014FCE1D (resized).jpeg
FB88036A-0EBD-44A2-B2F2-2363AC3D2B9F (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think I have almost 90 hours in and am not even close to finishing. I didn't even fight Margit until I was 40+ hours in!
Having a bow with LOTS of arrows is good!
Rob

The game is a marvel for the first 2/3 that I was thinking was literally the best of its kind ever. SO MUCH to do and see, and so much "lived in" world detail. Then I got to the last 1/3 and it became a boring, tedious slog. The last 1/3 is obviously rushed and really puts an unfortunate taint on the whole game. It needed another 6-12 months in development for that last 1/3, at least, by my estimation.

Also, the XBOX networking being borked from launch so summons were hard to pull off at times and invasions were almost nonexistent took away a key fun aspect of the game.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm level 80+ and keep getting my butt kick by bosses and hard foes. I've dabbled in sorcery and incantations a bit after playing many hours just with using brute force. All of my incantations feel rather lackluster so far using too much FP for the damage they do. Glintstone floating protection swords are probably over powered because they usually stun even moderate foes. It makes me want to invest in INT more so I can get the bigger sword version and abandon my faith attribute path. For a brute force weapon, I am still using the Golden Halberd from the tree sentinel (golden guy on horse at the beginning). I only found 1 weapon which scales S and it's INT (Meteor Staff). It's like I find what I DON"T need rather than what I need.
The bell is still one of the best weapons aside from bow for ranged combat. I've killed Dragons with it, it just takes a little while.
Rob

DO NOT continue buffing a faith character, go with your gut and abandon that path. You cannot finish the last boss with a faith character build. Giant game-end middle finger to players that chose that route with zero warning or clues along the way that I saw. I know they've changed stats on a lot of the bosses now with the last few patches, but pretty sure the final boss is still unbeatable with a faith-build character.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The game is a lot of fun, but feels so disjointed at the same time. It would take too long to describe why I feel that way, but I'm sure you would understand some of the reasons.
Rob

The last 1/3 of the game is where the shine came off a bit, mostly because it feels like they rushed the end of development to get it out. Another 12 months and it would have been close to a perfect game. As it stands, though, it's a very impressive achievement.

Can't believe the XBOX networking is STILL borked on it.

1 week later
#91 1 year ago
Quoted from RVH:

I turned the online off so the messages on the ground don’t show up.

Turn them on. Some of them are very clever/funny. Like extreme haiku given the limited word choices to string together.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eldin-ring?tu=PinMonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.