• 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10FDD8B5-78C8-4B1A-B58D-D451014FCE1D (resized).jpeg
FB88036A-0EBD-44A2-B2F2-2363AC3D2B9F (resized).png
There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 1 year ago

I'm struggling to upgrade weapons at the moment. I thought it would be a good idea to have a small variety of weapons that had different abilities, but I am stuck at requiring certain smithing stones. I have MANY different kinds and amounts, but something like smithing stone 1 (not somber) I only have 2 and can't find any more.

edit: Missing a Bell Bearing. Missing one thing in this game can really slow you down! I played through the dungeon long ago, but missed the boss. Now I can buy the smithing stones I need!

Rob

#152 1 year ago

Got in on order. Finally picked up a PS5. Can’t wait!

#153 1 year ago

I have a feeling I basically did this game on "easy level"? Dual katanas (+25 Nagakiba and +10 Rivers of Blood), and I always summoned my fully upgraded mimic tear - none of the bosses really gave me much trouble at all. Malenia and Maliketh took 2 attempts, Godfrey, Radagon and last boss all went down first try. Are you guys doing bosses solo? I just didn't want the head banging frustration of trying that...

Think the only ones that gave me any trouble were the 2 commanders (Niall and O'Neal). They were gits.

#154 1 year ago

Yes, been doing bosses solo. The further I progress the easier it’s getting. Just went through a few eardtree avatars all on the first try, one of them never even landed a hit on me. Plus a couple mariners as well.

Leveling up helps for sure, but not as much as just getting in the playtime to develop your play skill. I used to be totally confused and losing awareness when fighting bosses, now I can clearly see the moves being telegraphed and dodge more effectively.

#155 1 year ago

Jace, Im with you... my spirit is broken right now too... Im level 159 and struggling.

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I have a feeling I basically did this game on "easy level"? Dual katanas (+25 Nagakiba and +10 Rivers of Blood), and I always summoned my fully upgraded mimic tear - none of the bosses really gave me much trouble at all. Malenia and Maliketh took 2 attempts, Godfrey, Radagon and last boss all went down first try. Are you guys doing bosses solo? I just didn't want the head banging frustration of trying that...
Think the only ones that gave me any trouble were the 2 commanders (Niall and O'Neal). They were gits.

Doing the same, and yes, sometimes the bosses are easier than getting to the bosses themselves! Hella fun to mow through enemies with Pile of Corpses though. All that red!!!! Had Nagi and RoB, but now I'm using Hand of Melania and RoB). Not as much bleed potential but more DPS with Malenia's.

#157 1 year ago

Was gifted this game from a co-worker who is a major Souls fan. Gotta say its pretty overwhelming and I can see why people dig these games. I appreciate the challenge and I always feel like I know why I died and what I need to avoid or do better next time.

I've been going with a Samauri dual Katana build with a couple bleed-type Ashes of War and it seems like its working pretty good so far. I'm definitely struggling with some of the bosses though. Can't seem to finish off Godrick in the first castle dungeon no matter what I do. And trying to farm stones in the Crystal caves was a rude awakening as it seems like the enemies in there are downright immune to my weapons (picked up a club/hammer type of weapon and its amazing the difference in damage).

Really cool game and I can't believe how big the world feels.

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Was gifted this game from a co-worker who is a major Souls fan. Gotta say its pretty overwhelming and I can see why people dig these games. I appreciate the challenge and I always feel like I know why I died and what I need to avoid or do better next time.
I've been going with a Samauri dual Katana build with a couple bleed-type Ashes of War and it seems like its working pretty good so far. I'm definitely struggling with some of the bosses though. Can't seem to finish off Godrick in the first castle dungeon no matter what I do. And trying to farm stones in the Crystal caves was a rude awakening as it seems like the enemies in there are downright immune to my weapons (picked up a club/hammer type of weapon and its amazing the difference in damage).
Really cool game and I can't believe how big the world feels.

The crystal miners are very weak to magic, I've been hitting them with Glintstone Pebble and it rips right through them. Like you said, a blunt weapon also does much better. Any kind of sharp weapon will make you stumble.

-Hans

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from HHaase:

The crystal miners are very weak to magic, I've been hitting them with Glintstone Pebble and it rips right through them. Like you said, a blunt weapon also does much better. Any kind of sharp weapon will make you stumble.
-Hans

Yeah. I haven't gone down the path of any sort of magic. Probably worth my while to get a few basic spells for things like this.

#160 1 year ago

Yeah. I haven't gone down the path of any sort of magic. Probably worth my while to get a few basic spells for things like this.

If you plan on using the Moonveil, you'll need 23 INT to use it, which will allow you to use some basic to moderate spells. Jumping or dash attacks (crouch and attack, if not actually dashing) will deal damage dual katanas to the miner enemies. If you have a Thrusting weapon, that'll work as well.

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Im fighting Radagon now.....what level are you?

Just started to fight Radagon yesterday...I can beat him fine, it's part 2 that I'm struggling with, same with you? My problem is the guy gets sooooo far away. By the time I get anywhere near him, I'm mostly dead, and when I do, he's moved to the other side again. So frustrating.

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just started to fight Radagon yesterday...I can beat him fine, it's part 2 that I'm struggling with, same with you? My problem is the guy gets sooooo far away. By the time I get anywhere near him, I'm mostly dead, and when I do, he's moved to the other side again. So frustrating.

I have NO problem beating Radagon... Part Two is the issue with me too, my health and mimic tear are gone by that time...

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I have NO problem beating Radagon... Part Two is the issue with me too, my health and mimic tear are gone by that time...

Do you have Erdtree Heal? It heals you and your mimic if they are nearby. That helped me get through it. There are probably other spells/incantations/items that can do the same thing.

#164 1 year ago

If you can beat Radagon no problem maybe save your mimic tear for the beast. Black knife tiche works well on phase two if you have her.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Yeah same.

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from schwarz:

If you can beat Radagon no problem maybe save your mimic tear for the beast. Black knife tiche works well on phase two if you have her.

The mimic tear baits Radagon (like other bosses) which leaves him open for attacks. Probably why the mimic is dead by the time Radagon is finished. My mimic has probably about 60-80% HP left. But the Elden Beast doesn't really get baited since most, if not all attacks are AoE. The fact that he moves SO far away is frustrating as hell. You can't take advantage of downtime after one of his attacks because you're running a half marathon before you can get there. And if you do manage to get there, you can only get one or two attacks off. So frustrating.

#167 1 year ago

Yes indeed that’s why I’m also suggesting Black Knife Tiche. She has a really devastating ranged attack.

#168 1 year ago

Finally got that MF'r!!!
Now on to NG + lol

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Finally got that MF'r!!!
Now on to NG + lol

CONGRATS!

#170 1 year ago

This game has officially become an obsession. On NG3 at lvl 397 and still finding new places I've never explored. Found a phone app with some hidden spots on it and going to make sure I've done every NPC quest line before finishing with the frenzied flame. After that I reckon I'll give it a break.

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

This game has officially become an obsession. On NG3 at lvl 397 and still finding new places I've never explored. Found a phone app with some hidden spots on it and going to make sure I've done every NPC quest line before finishing with the frenzied flame. After that I reckon I'll give it a break.

Holy crap! I just started NG1 and the early areas are pretty easy still. Do they scale up or will the difficulty slope remain the same?

#172 1 year ago

I found almost all of NG+ pretty easy until the final bosses but they do scale up.
NG++ was a bit harder but I didn’t level up too much while playing NG+.

#173 1 year ago

Finally beat Radahn tonight, took way too many tries. Stupid orbs he throws kept killing me, and if I tried to get close and do any attacks he just swarmed me. I finally was able to get good enough at kiting him and clicking off the NPC summons. Only weapon I had where I could actually contribute damage was the wraith calling bell of all things.

#174 1 year ago

I just finished yesterday... holy crap that last fight was intense... I ended at level 200... heading into NG+... not sure why Im still playing.. I guess I want to finally feel like a bad ass rather than getting my ass handed to me..,LOL.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Finally beat Radahn tonight

I beat this guy last night I’m level 86. Totally thrashed him 3rd try summoned pumpkin head and used magma guillotine +6.
I also summoned everything in the area.

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from RVH:

I beat this guy last night I’m level 86. Totally thrashed him 3rd try summoned pumpkin head and used magma guillotine +6.
I also summoned everything in the area.

I think we're talking about two different guys, and this game is REALLY confusing about this. I fought Starscourge Radhan, the guy in the festival fight where you can't summon any ashes. Sounds like you probably fought Radagon of the Golden Order? (Not to be confused with the Red Wolf of Radagon).

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I think we're talking about two different guys, and this game is REALLY confusing about this. I fought Starscourge Radhan, the guy in the festival fight where you can't summon any ashes

No that’s who I fought too. I may have been confused and not summons pumpkin head with ashes but there was all kinds of summoning things on the ground to summons warriors, I used those.
I got the remembrance of the starscourge consumable and 70K Ruins for it.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from RVH:

No that’s who I fought too. I may have been confused and not summons pumpkin head with ashes but there was all kinds of summoning things on the ground to summons warriors, I used those.
I got the remembrance of the starscourge consumable and 70K Ruins for it.

Lol this game has soooooo much stuff in it, it really hard to keep track of it all.

I should check what level I’m at to compare because you’re right, same opponent.

#179 1 year ago

I finally beat it!! Time for new game +

#180 1 year ago

I’m about a level 60. I have about 35 intelligence and 30 vigor and a decent amount of FP. I have 8 faith. I have a decent number of spells and weapons that require just a bit more faith, 12-16. Levels are costing about 20,000+ runes each. I would like to spend the next few levels getting faith and strength a little higher to use the spells and weapons. Thoughts? Worth it or just still concentrate on intelligence, mind and vigor?

#181 1 year ago

Lol, the fight against the mimic tear was the easiest thing ever once I knew where it was.

I went in naked, only thing equipped was spirit ashes. Since it copies you, it came at me naked as well. The spirit ashes ripped it apart while I re-equipped and honestly I don’t even know if I took any damage.

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m about a level 60. I have about 35 intelligence and 30 vigor and a decent amount of FP. I have 8 faith. I have a decent number of spells and weapons that require just a bit more faith, 12-16. Levels are costing about 20,000+ runes each. I would like to spend the next few levels getting faith and strength a little higher to use the spells and weapons. Thoughts? Worth it or just still concentrate on intelligence, mind and vigor?

I respec'd to try faith incantations and I was pretty underwhelmed. I tried all of the higher level dragon incantations and wasn't too impressed. I felt like the INT spells were better overall. Just my opinion.

Weapon-wise, there are fun weapons for both Faith and INT. Either way, you'll be able to re-spec to try both and see what you like more. I've got about 10 larval tears, so plenty of opportunities to try different builds.

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I respec'd to try faith incantations and I was pretty underwhelmed. I tried all of the higher level dragon incantations and wasn't too impressed. I felt like the INT spells were better overall. Just my opinion.
Weapon-wise, there are fun weapons for both Faith and INT. Either way, you'll be able to re-spec to try both and see what you like more. I've got about 10 larval tears, so plenty of opportunities to try different builds.

Remind me when I should be able to respec. So far, that hasn’t been an option unless I’m missing something.

One issue with my plan is that if I only go up to the minimum faith level necessary to wield / cast something, the damage done will probably be minimal.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Remind me when I should be able to respec. So far, that hasn’t been an option unless I’m missing something.
One issue with my plan is that if I only go up to the minimum faith level necessary to wield / cast something, the damage done will probably be minimal.

Without spoiling, you'll have to beat Renalla.

#185 1 year ago

Ok. I don’t think I’m there yet. I’m making my way through raya lucaria academy. My first attempt didn’t go so well, but I’m making a lot more progress now.

#186 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok. I don’t think I’m there yet. I’m making my way through raya lucaria academy. My first attempt didn’t go so well, but I’m making a lot more progress now.

Raya Lucaria can be difficult; I feel like if you're a ranged player, you'll have a harder time than melee. It's a fun map though, albiet can be frustrating at times. GL!

#187 1 year ago

I decided to retire.... Im level 200 and beat the end bosses...I was going to NG+ but I dont think I have it in me to kill all the bosses again.. 150 hours in... im done.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I decided to retire.... Im level 200 and beat the end bosses...I was going to NG+ but I dont think I have it in me to kill all the bosses again.. 150 hours in... im done.

Don't sound so excited lol.

I'm at around 120 hrs, lvl 175ish. I'm slowing down, but it's fun trying out new builds. Faith is definitely not my preferred stat. I've gone back to DEX, with some INT, but that's a little more of the same. Part of the problem with trying new builds though is not having your weapons leveled up, so things become pretty difficult again with low powered weapons. I guess that's part of it I suppose.

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Well done. Hopefully they bring out some dlc in the future.I’m still exploring in ng+ but I’ll put it down to try other games & come back to it every now & then. I refused to play anything else until I got past the end boss.

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Don't sound so excited lol.
I'm at around 120 hrs, lvl 175ish. I'm slowing down, but it's fun trying out new builds. Faith is definitely not my preferred stat. I've gone back to DEX, with some INT, but that's a little more of the same. Part of the problem with trying new builds though is not having your weapons leveled up, so things become pretty difficult again with low powered weapons. I guess that's part of it I suppose.

Maybe one of the best games I ever played... Killing all the bosses was rough, the thought of starting over even with an enhanced starting point.... Im not sure.... LOL

#191 1 year ago

Finally starting to feel like I'm making some progress. Raya Lucaria seemed insurmountable when I first started it but after working on leveling up my weapons things just started to melt. I think it took me around 10 tries on the final boss and she was dead. I have a feeling my damage output was significantly more than what it should be for doing that dungeon. Same with Radahan. Basically just rode around on my horse, clicked all the summons when I could and picked him off using arrows from horseback.

It really feels like the game is opening up now. All sorts of new areas to travel to (had no idea there was an entire underground world). Samurai + dual Katanas and that blood slash pretty much one-shots every minor enemy along the way. And deals a huge chunk of damage to lots of the bosses I've dealt with.

Now I'm struggling on this dual Gargoyle boss in the underground city. They just melt my wolf ash summons and then poison the crap out of me whenever I manage to get close for a swipe. Might have to do some re-strategizing on these guys haha. Probably also need to get the Mimic Tear summons first before I go back and die to them.

#192 1 year ago

I'm just sending out co-op summons so other players can summon me to help with boss fights and other stuff. It's fun helping others..! Players need to stop rushing in and fighting the bosses in open areas. Seek cover and range if you can. My character is a tank and even then he can still be 1 hit killed if not careful. Ranged attacks for most bosses if possible.... Potions are really limited as a summoned character.

Rob

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Maybe one of the best games I ever played... Killing all the bosses was rough, the thought of starting over even with an enhanced starting point.... Im not sure.... LOL

NG+ with your current stats is pretty easy. Esp at your level. You shouldn't have any problems with any of it. That Tree Sentinel in the opening area will be begging for mercy lol.

#194 1 year ago

Finally starting to feel like I'm making some progress. Raya Lucaria seemed insurmountable when I first started it but after working on leveling up my weapons things just started to melt. I think it took me around 10 tries on the final boss and she was dead. I have a feeling my damage output was significantly more than what it should be for doing that dungeon. Same with Radahan. Basically just rode around on my horse, clicked all the summons when I could and picked him off using arrows from horseback.
It really feels like the game is opening up now. All sorts of new areas to travel to (had no idea there was an entire underground world). Samurai + dual Katanas and that blood slash pretty much one-shots every minor enemy along the way. And deals a huge chunk of damage to lots of the bosses I've dealt with.
Now I'm struggling on this dual Gargoyle boss in the underground city. They just melt my wolf ash summons and then poison the crap out of me whenever I manage to get close for a swipe. Might have to do some re-strategizing on these guys haha. Probably also need to get the Mimic Tear summons first before I go back and die to them.

So many areas...just when you thought you covered an area, you find a completely new area. I'm still finding new areas and items in my second playthrough.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Raya Lucaria can be difficult; I feel like if you're a ranged player, you'll have a harder time than melee. It's a fun map though, albiet can be frustrating at times. GL!

Had a fun time exploring all the rooftops for an hour than made my way back inside and got one shotted by someone down a corridor with what seemed to be some long range flame thrower. Lol.

Made it to the boss but having trouble figuring out how to approach defeating her.

Still, really cool area.

#196 1 year ago

I was just posting in another forum about this game, how good it was and the impact its had. Since finishing it, I've tried to move on to other things but I just find everything else so unengaging and average and it's basically almost ruined other games for me.

Its such a masterpiece, I can't even begin to describe the admiration I have for the whole team responsible for making it. The time that must have been spent on every little aspect of it from the world and enemy designs, to the artwork, the camera work (how good are those vistas you get to the final dungeon areas eg, when you look out across the lakes and see Raya Lucaria in the distance), the mechanics etc... Everything is just such top quality.

Just hoping they can get some DLC out for it soon, I wanna dive back in - but really to explore a few new areas.

#197 1 year ago

Some hosts will summon 2 additional co-operators and then the host uses 'taunter's tongue' (?) to attract invaders. So it ends up being 3 against the invader. Sucks to be them as invaders I guess eh? But, I have to admit many of the invaders are extremely good players and being outnumbered doesn't seem to be much of a handicap to them.

I have to re-evaluate my character build. Wearing heavy tree sentinel armor with other defensive boosts I am still getting 1 hit killed by some minor bosses AND other players. The other day during a co-op summon I was poked by an invader with a frost weapon which instantly killed me. I thought WTF? I also had one player ask how I got killed so easy (1 hit) during a boss fight. While other players are rushing in and fighting close quarter, if I did that my character would last 5 seconds max. Maybe this is why I am seeing some players not even bothering to wear (much) armor for PvP? The weight just makes you an easier/slower target for fast slashes/pierces and maybe even parries.

Rob

#198 1 year ago

From those of you jonesing for something new after conquering the mighty Elden Ring mountain.
May I suggest V Rising, it is amazing.

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from schwarz:

From those of you jonesing for something new after conquering the mighty Elden Ring mountain.
May I suggest V Rising, it is amazing.

Thanks. I’ll check it out tonight.

#200 1 year ago

Just got cyberpunk 2077 the other day and played it for a few hours to have something new...popped Elden Ring back in lol.

Cyberpunk seems like a good game so far, but I'm still itching to explore the Lands Between. Going through Caria Manor right now and I must have just buzzed past it last time because I'm finding a ton of stuff there...man I love this game!

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eldin-ring/page/4?hl=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.