Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 512 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a_(resized).JPG
    m5h7a.jpg
    strangelove.jpg
    Crony-Six-Pack-No-Li.jpg
    glass.jpg
    11295715_933125670083915_2956989014108070869_n(1).jpg
    OJ-simpson-burglar.jpg
    adgfrui89547jjkdfsjk5868566565ujjh.JPG
    RePlay November 2014.JPG
    2015-03-21 12.33.22.jpg
    image.jpg
    Dave Corriveau.jpg
    Do-not-feed-the-troll-02.jpg
    image-370.jpg
    judge-wapner.jpg
    banned.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago

This thread would have exploded by now if the headline had the word lawsuit in it. Thread title is rather mundane and not at all indicative of the seriousness of the matter.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Pinside is full of baseless speculation but I'd be especially hesitant to jump to any conclusions in a case like this, where speculation can cause a lot of damage to a business

I agree, but the mere fact that a lawsuit has been filed seeking damages of $1.6 million will cause enough damage on its own.

I don't know how anybody could consider pre-ordering a JJP pin with this pending lawsuit.

Not good.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Anybody can file a lawsuit in this counrty against anybody for anything. I could file a suit against you today for $10,000 for stealing money from orphans and then say that anybody dealing with you would be taking a huge risk.

The fact that a lawsuit was filed isn't indicitive of a successful suit.

Furthermore, without having more infomation about Jack's personal finances and JJP's finances it would be imprudent for me to speculate about the effect of the suit. Moreover, there is a potential that additional factors could affect the analysis (indemnity agreements, insurance coverage, etc.)

I agree that its not good to be sued, but I don't think its responsible to speculate about this in the same way that people speculate about whether Stern's next game is going to suck or not.

I think much of this is hyperbole on your part to be honest. Seriously, you use an example of filing a lawsuit against me for stealing $10k from orphans?

It's not like this lawsuit was filed by some Joe Blow disgruntled customer with an axe to grind. It was filed by Jack's former employer. I think there's just a wee bit of difference, don't you?

Again...forget about "speculating" on whether the lawsuit will be successful or not. We don't know. Again, the point is that most people are generally going to be very wary of putting money down on a JJP pre-order at this point with this pending lawsuit.

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from RealityCheck:

Oh oh ... someone else dared to say something negative about JJP!? 29 thumbs down, not bad. How funny that 90-95% of the thumbs downers are the exact same folks who thumbs downed my negative opinion of Smaug.
    Hey, pmWolf, surely you banned him from this thread despite breaking zero forum rules, simply because he caused a ruccus and upset the JJP devoted, right?? I trust your biased censorship was all over this.

Looks like you, CraZ4pin, are trying to get your new account banned as well by publicly calling out the mods (which is against forum rules). Good luck with that.

#209 9 years ago

So you're saying there are two sides to this story?

I'm shocked by this recent development.

1 month later
    #272 9 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

Misery loves company - he was just howling to his buddies
    See - there all right there - downvoting you just asking a question
    image.jpg

It was a stupid thing to ask.

Why did he "bump" the thread? It was his first post in the thread and a perfectly valid comment. Do you disagree with what he posted?

Or are you just one of those JJP fanboys that never wants to see anything remotely negative posted, so the revival of this thread really pisses you off? A thread that was started by JJP by the way.

2 months later
    #284 8 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Here's the complaint -- I hadn't seen this until today when RobT posted it over in the big JPop thread:
    http://issuu.com/jackgtruth/docs/jjp_lawsuit

Just to clarify, I was not the one who uploaded the Complaint to that site.

#317 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

There's quite a few phrases and words in there that I wouldn't have expected to see. Even if there's some truth to their claims (not saying there is) it reads like it's been embellished for a reaction from the public.

Or a jury.

#325 8 years ago
    Quoted from lost8ball:

I would think if you have proof that the CFO did those things you'd just call the police and not your attorney.

That type of thinking didn't work out too well for the Predator buyers/victims.

#337 8 years ago

#434 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

For sure. I blew through $25k defending myself (successfully) from a bullshit claim. What did I get to show for proving I was right, a $25k lawyer bill.

One difference in this case is that the contract at issue contains a provision where the losing party is liable for attorney fees. That alone raises the stakes in this case, especially since there are many billable hours involved with the accounting that will need to take place by expert witnesses.

#446 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

They say there's 2 sides to every story & the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    Or something like that

"The middle truth!"

-Kevin Kulek

#461 8 years ago

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elaut-usa-inc?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.