Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 512 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a_(resized).JPG
    m5h7a.jpg
    strangelove.jpg
    Crony-Six-Pack-No-Li.jpg
    glass.jpg
    11295715_933125670083915_2956989014108070869_n(1).jpg
    OJ-simpson-burglar.jpg
    adgfrui89547jjkdfsjk5868566565ujjh.JPG
    RePlay November 2014.JPG
    2015-03-21 12.33.22.jpg
    image.jpg
    Dave Corriveau.jpg
    Do-not-feed-the-troll-02.jpg
    image-370.jpg
    judge-wapner.jpg
    banned.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#178 9 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

And you know he's been sworn.

I miss Judge Joseph Wapner.

#180 9 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

It varies by jurisdiction and prize value but in general, no. Payout is normally a combination of all of it.
    For a post ranting about everyone needing to do some research, there is some irony in the "research" you've provided regarding crane games.

No need to check it for accuracy, he got it off the internet.

I agree with you how cranes can be operated on a percentage basis in some areas but must be skill-based in others.

I remember the cranes that Elaut USA operated in major amusement parks a few years ago; They had some with a three or four iPad boxes in them sealed with packing tape and a note that said "Bring to park office intact and it will be exchanged for a new iPad. Tape must still seal the box, open boxes will not be honored.

The shysters had heavy weights (a brick, I presume) placed off-center in the boxes making them virtually impossible to win.

#246 9 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

D&B expects a 3 month ROI period. They hold a hard line. If it is not earning it is gone. Talked to one of the operations president a few months ago. Most games return well within that time.

Speaking of D & B, from Dallas today.....

Dave Corriveau.jpgDave Corriveau.jpg
    1 month later
    #261 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Why did you bump this?

I would guess to keep the thread fresh.

#274 9 years ago

More interesting reading from RePlay Magazine.

Note dates:
    November 2014

Jersey Jack
    by Jack Guarnieri

Holidays on the Horizon

I have a busy travel and show schedule as we release three slightly different models of The Hobbit Pinball machine in the coming weeks. At this writing, we have orders for over 1,200 games, and we have not even shown the full game yet.
    Yes, to some customers, we sell everything nobody needs. Since the start I’ve been told that demand is a good problem. But it’s a problem still, and one that we have been overcoming. It gets a bit easier with every model we design and build.

Looking at my calendar, I see the fast approaching IAAPA, Thanksgiving and, for me, Christmas.

Thinking about the holidays, with seven weeks to go until Black Friday as of this writing, the National Retail Federation just reported that the slow improvement in the economy should translate into an increase in retail sales between 4 and 4.5 percent from November through January.

Last year there were six less shopping days and very bad weather in much of the U.S. Online sales the final weekend before Christmas were reportedly up over 37% over the year before. Last year, many people waited until the last minute to order online and FedEx, UPS and the USPS were swamped and faced weather delays causing many gifts to be delivered on the third or fifth day of Christmas. Those in the know predict online sales this year could be up between 8-11 percent.

Deep discounting will still be a big part of customer motivation. New electronics, clothing, jewelry, gift cards, are easy online purchases for many. Many people showroom, or check out goods in person, and then go online to buy. We all seem to have less time and none of us want to shortchange those to whom we want to give gifts.

The first sign of Christmas I saw this year was in August while at a Price-Smart in Aruba. They actually had Christmas trees on display. That was very sobering while it was over 90 degrees outside and I was wearing shorts. “Christmas Creep” has been going on for years, but starting in August really takes the cake. Fortunately, it looks like there may be a happy holiday season this year for many retailers. Let’s hope so.

Since we sell everything nobody needs, as I love to say, many of our customers celebrate the holiday season every day. To the coin-op customers we sell to, it’s a matter of getting the games onto their locations so they can make money.

Apart from religion, “The Reason for the Season” is now ultimately retail sales, but a stronger economy creates better conditions for all of our families. The all-important Black Friday is the point in the year where many retailers start making their profits so we certainly hope that it is a rosy holiday season and the predictions of an economic upturn come to pass.
    I can say that many of our vendors are busier this year than they were last year and many are in better shape to deliver goods to us. If I look at it on ground level, the feeling among many people I speak with is more positive than negative.

If it does not kill you, it makes you stronger. Unfortunately, the Economic Crisis did kill many businesses. The good news is that those who survived are in better shape today.

See you at IAAPA.

RePlay November 2014.JPGRePlay November 2014.JPG
    #275 9 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

Misery loves company - he was just howling to his buddies
    See - there all right there - downvoting you just asking a question
    image.jpg

Of course, it was okay for you six weeks ago....

adgfrui89547jjkdfsjk5868566565ujjh.JPGadgfrui89547jjkdfsjk5868566565ujjh.JPG
    #279 9 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Was that actually in the magazine ? It wasn't very well composed , it should have been left on the editors floor .

Yes; Jack wrote it, he likes it!

2 months later
    #466 8 years ago

There appears to be some very specific, key words in the complaint filed as well as the non-legally binding statements from both sides in the trade press as well as on message boards.

Unless settled out of court soon, both sides can easily spend over half of any positive judgement on legal defense.

A terrible situation indeed. It all boils down to money. How sad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elaut-usa-inc?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.