Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 512 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a_(resized).JPG
    m5h7a.jpg
    strangelove.jpg
    Crony-Six-Pack-No-Li.jpg
    glass.jpg
    11295715_933125670083915_2956989014108070869_n(1).jpg
    OJ-simpson-burglar.jpg
    adgfrui89547jjkdfsjk5868566565ujjh.JPG
    RePlay November 2014.JPG
    2015-03-21 12.33.22.jpg
    image.jpg
    Dave Corriveau.jpg
    Do-not-feed-the-troll-02.jpg
    image-370.jpg
    judge-wapner.jpg
    banned.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from DevilsTuner:

But this is not like they are accusing him of stealing office supplies. One does not simply accuse a former ceo of lifting 1.6m without a valid reason.

I don't think you can start a sentence with "One does not simply ..." and not include the LOTR Boromir meme gif.

As for the validity of the claims, I'm sure we'll find out in 3-5 short years when the litigation wraps up.

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

rumors that many of their suppliers were not getting paid on time (that is not all that unusual for big businesses but with all of the other flags its worrisome)

I had not heard this. What are the rumors and who is the source?

#175 9 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

I've read the complaint.

Got a link you could share?

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

It was all strategy.
    Jack posted it first because he knew it would find its way here regardless.
    He got out in front of the story, all in a thread with a VERY innocuous (some might say misleading) subject line that would draw minimal attention.....
    THEN he can sit back and watch the duplicate threads with much more salacious subjects like "former employer accused JJP of theft" etc, etc, etc get locked up and buried. And all that remains is the thread he started with a denial.
    Frankly it's genius. And, after the absolute HORRIBLE PR choices he made last year- one would almost think he took a crash course in PR....

To put a slightly more charitable spin on it ...

Put yourself in Jack's shoes. You've been sued and know it's about to hit the papers. Your lawyer is telling you not to talk about it (they always say that and they're almost always right, no good comes of talking publicly about a pending case).

You can a) sit back and wait for someone to "break" the story on pinside and then sit passively by as people speculate away, or b) get out ahead of the story by "breaking" it yourself and including the brief comment your lawyer approved -- not a perfect option but at least it takes away the impression that you have something to hide.

I know which of those I would choose if I were in Jack's place. Perhaps it's now come to the point where Rick should be taking PR lessons from Jack.

3 months later
    #283 8 years ago

Here's the complaint -- I hadn't seen this until today when RobT posted it over in the big JPop thread:
    http://issuu.com/jackgtruth/docs/jjp_lawsuit

#296 8 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Wonder where they are in discovery? Depos out there? Seems like it has been filed long enough for dispositive motions to have been filed, if there were any coming.

The complaint was filed less than 6 months ago. That's nothing in civil litigation. Lots of documents in this case and sounds like lots of witnesses too. Assuming they don't settle, there's plenty to keep the lawyers busy for another six months or a year before they get around to filing summary judgment briefs (which should make for interesting reading in this case, I'd think).

So I don't think we'll get to hear the juicy details (or even the substance of JJP's defense) for a long while yet.

#299 8 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Oh wow. If that company has any proof of the funneling this will be big. Some people wonder how the rich get richer. Here it is.

The allegations are very serious, but of course if you judged every case on the complaint alone ...

[EDIT: And just to be clear, I really, really hope that the case resolves in a way that vindicates Jack and JJP, or at the very least doesn't fatally wound the company.]

#414 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

The paper trail is what their claims are based? That's how they know the accounting isn't correct. Read the claims, just follow the money trail.

Have you actually seen the "paper trail" in this case that would allow you to follow the "money trail"? Obviously Elaut will go through the accounting records and emails at trial, and if it's all there in black and white they'll win and Jack and JJP are hosed. But for now you're simply assuming that the claims in the complaint are true without any proof. No different than someone that's assuming Jack is telling the truth in his public statement that it's all a bunch of crap.

#421 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Doesn't Pinball Sales already sell glass? How is this new?

I assume that's backglass for The Hobbit (unless The Hobbit has a tiny playfield a la Safe Cracker).

#426 8 years ago
    Quoted from YKpinballer:

Something to keep in mind is that if Jack were to ever do what he's accused of doing to Elaut to the JJP company, rather than a single business owner being on the hook it will be a lot of preorder $. Just sayin.

Just sayin'? More like just stirin'.

#452 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I'm quite solvent. I don't walk like a duck. I can smell bullshit a mile away.

Wait, is this a JJP lawsuit thread or are we here to critique your dating profile?

2 months later
    #480 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like there was a hearing in May 29th, and the case is sitting in discovery until November, but there is no set trial date set. There's also a few other curious proceedings in there as well, though I'm not sure if that's typical of a case like this or not.

Can you easily cut and paste the docket entries here (or at least the "curious" looking ones) for those that cannot access it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elaut-usa-inc?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.