Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 512 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a_(resized).JPG
    m5h7a.jpg
    strangelove.jpg
    Crony-Six-Pack-No-Li.jpg
    glass.jpg
    11295715_933125670083915_2956989014108070869_n(1).jpg
    OJ-simpson-burglar.jpg
    adgfrui89547jjkdfsjk5868566565ujjh.JPG
    RePlay November 2014.JPG
    2015-03-21 12.33.22.jpg
    image.jpg
    Dave Corriveau.jpg
    Do-not-feed-the-troll-02.jpg
    image-370.jpg
    judge-wapner.jpg
    banned.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider devilstuner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

forensic accountant's rule!

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Well it's a civil lawsuit, not criminal. So that says a lot. Likely it's Elaut's attorney threading a needle with some vague contract language.

Until forensic accountants from the Feds get involved. This kind of number will attract them for sure. If you doubt me better brush up on how the federal criminal division picks its cases.

If there is even a hint of impropriety in the books or the accusation of shifting they will be involved oh yes they will.

When accusations of this nature are thrown around they will investigate. Once they start well they will ncover what ever there might be to uncover. Maybe nothing maybe something but they will have people look. Lots of time civil cases are thrown out only to have people thrown in cuffs in the lobby of the courthouse. Not saying that this is the case here but it could happen. Let's hope not.

These are not chump accusations. They are accusing him of embezzlement or cooking. With those sort of phrases being thrown around the Feds would be negligent to not invitagate.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Okay. I'm not a lawyer, but why would this start as a civil action if there's a possibility of criminal wrongdoing? Is it just that Elaut is trying to get their $$ before the Feds step in? Why didn't they ask the Feds to investigate?

Nor am I but to think you can accuse someone of embezzlement aka accounting tricks for 1.6m and not have fed action is crazy. This is gonna get messy

#79 9 years ago

Looks like a counter suite is going on as well from the other guy???? I see he is pf and elaut is df at the bottom.

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

#81 9 years ago

Right but he is denying it and seeing as how it has 2 people or more involved that falls under title 18 usc definition of a conspiracy.

and who the $&%# are john does 1-5 ?????

Everyone's concern is valid. Can JJP withstand a court case of this magnitude and still have funds to produce games.

Once I have secured the petition and counter suite documents I will post them here. New Jersey has a wonderful online public records site.

Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I'm not so sure about that. I think this type of money increases the chances feds could get involved but, in my experience, it's not as cut and dry as you might think. In fact, I'm involved in a case right now where a peson embezzeled over 1 mil, has admitted to the act, and the feds have not yet done a thing (6 months after the fact so far). We'll see.
    Pinside is full of baseless speculation but I'd be especially hesitant to jump to any conclusions in a case like this, where speculation can cause a lot of damage to a business

Post edited by moderator: profanity edited

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from hardware:

Innocent until proven guilty maybe?

But this is not like they are accusing him of stealing office supplies. One does not simply accuse a former ceo of lifting 1.6m without a valid reason.

I really hope he can pick up the pieces and continue becasue if he cant Stern will slip right back into the funk of making games like BBH

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from statsdoc:

I think you make an important point. None of this is going to get resolved until some time has passed. Even in the worst case scenario for JJP, it is extremely likely that all orders for Hobbit, MMr, etc. are filled and out the door. I don't see the impending doom here.

Lets hope so as the hobby as a whole Boutique crap aside was just starting to get good again with Stern pumping out better machines than ever. JJP has made nothing I want yet but they are only hope of a good StarWars pin.

#135 9 years ago

Thats what I thought and JJP liking the post seems well for us. Please no widebody though. The only SW game to date worth a poo is the DE SW and its just the lesser of three evils lol.

#154 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

Seriously?
    I'd stick to tech.
    If you claim you have no knowledge about JJP finances......

Not trying to be a dick but ltg is the last person I would take any finical knowledge from. Most of his games are not actually his and last I checked the city wanted 5 years of taxes before they where gonna take his home. Just saying. Hopefully now that he makes a buck from JJP he can keep his home.

Post edited by moderator: And I'm not trying to be a dick.... but.... inflamatory posts and personal attacks are not allowed. Permanent thread eject.

#157 9 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

Wow - and you weren't even trying to be a dick! Think what you could accomplish if you just tried.

Right. I just wanted to throw it out there dude is not the saint people claim he is. Just ask any of the locals that are not 5 years new to the hobby......whatever happned to that BDK that was gifted for free to him........oh yeah he sold it to pay the electric bill.

#159 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You stalking me ?

LTG : )™

Nope just read the local paper where the tax thing was posted.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider devilstuner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elaut-usa-inc?tu=devilstuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.