Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 512 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a_(resized).JPG
    m5h7a.jpg
    strangelove.jpg
    Crony-Six-Pack-No-Li.jpg
    glass.jpg
    11295715_933125670083915_2956989014108070869_n(1).jpg
    OJ-simpson-burglar.jpg
    adgfrui89547jjkdfsjk5868566565ujjh.JPG
    RePlay November 2014.JPG
    2015-03-21 12.33.22.jpg
    image.jpg
    Dave Corriveau.jpg
    Do-not-feed-the-troll-02.jpg
    image-370.jpg
    judge-wapner.jpg
    banned.jpg
    There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
    #351 8 years ago

If I was Jack's attorney I would be worried about the communication between Carle and himself after his departure. Really obvious that they have evidence of communication between the two. Songbirds sing and loose lips sink ships.

#352 8 years ago

Just read it all, that's one side of the story.

#353 8 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

Jack is done here, I read all 26 pages.., pull your money asap

Funny how you have made this judgement without having seen any evidence or a defense. All you have seen is one side of the argument.

#354 8 years ago

just read...please...make your own judgement., i'm done.

#355 8 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

just read...please...make your own judgement.

Sorry, but none of us has any of the evidence.

#356 8 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

Jack is done here, I read all 26 pages.., pull your $$money$$ asap..

Wow, it's good to see the whole band is getting back together! I can't help but think I've heard this message before, and from the same players. When was that... Oh I remember. It was while I was waiting for my WOZ. If I had a nickel for every time one of you that said Jack was done, I'd be able to buy a freaking Hobbit. Not the game, I'd have enough to hire Peter Jackson to come to my house dressed up as a Hobbit and have him call me his precious.

#357 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Wow, it's good to see the whole band is getting back together! I can't help but think I've heard this message before, and from the same players. When was that... Oh I remember. It was while I was waiting for my WOZ. If I had a nickel for every time one of you that said Jack was done, I'd be able to buy a freaking Hobbit. Not the game, I'd have enough to hire Peter Jackson to come to my house dressed up as a Hobbit and have him call me his precious.

What's the going rate for that? I'm asking for a friend.

#358 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I'd have enough to hire Peter Jackson to come to my house dressed up as a Hobbit and have him call me his precious.

LMAO thats funny right there! ur on ur game tonight

#359 8 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

just read...please...make your own judgement.

My own judgement is that this is written in a sensationalist style which immediately causes me to question whether the plaintiff is sincere or merely wants to saber-rattle his way into a settlement.

Among the things I found misleading was the suggestion that Mr Guarnieri did a wholesale dismissal of staff without cause in order to put his "cronies" in, when this article from Vending Times July 2009 http://www.vendingtimes.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=Articles&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=4DFA3A2165AA4340B30504BB3A0191DF
    indicates that part of Elaut's expansion plan, after acquiring Monduce, was hiring Jack as CEO and merging Jack's company, pinballsales.com, INTO Elaut USA. When a merger happens, typically duplicate positions are removed and the CEO gets to pick who he wants to keep. And Jack chose his team from his original company, and note he replaced Rosenberg who was president of Monduce prior to the merger. Rosenberg was reinstated AFTER Jack left to create JJP and is current president of Elaut USA... the entity suing JJP. Sour grapes anyone?

Yeah, real shocking /sarcasm.

This complaint is full of that stuff. It's only half the story, but just that bit of innuendo leads me to believe its not worth the paper its printed on, and just there to be a nuisance by making outrageous suggestions, propagating them in public forums like this one, only to encourage settlement before JJP has developed enough of a warchest to withstand the costly challenge, even if it is meritless.

Garbage suit that I remain convinced has more to do with sour grapes and JJP entering the redemption business via pinball than substance.

Either way, time will tell. But the theatrics of the complaint ascribing nefarious motive behind routine post-merger house cleaning reeks of bullshit to me.

#360 8 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

Jack is done here, I read all 26 pages.., pull your $$money$$ asap..

I guess no one on Pinside gets it.

#361 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I guess no one on Pinside gets it.

The evidence or lack thereof will decide the case.

#362 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

The evidence or lack thereof will decide the case.

Lime was being sarcastic.

...I've read the charges, Jack is finished......

Great material.

#363 8 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Near me, there is Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum. 20 years ago, it was a place to see some really cool turn-of-the-century stuff and play some pinball. Now, at least 50% of the playable "stuff" is redemption. I assume that Marvin had to do what he had to do to survive. Anecdotally, I take my kids to have some fun there, and they are mostly interested in the redemption stuff. My 5 year old son will humor me a little bit and play some pinball (probably so I'll be nice and give him more quarters to play the redemptions).

The point is, from what I can see, talk of any great resurgence in location pinball is greatly exaggerated. Families go there to do redemptions. The 12 or so pins that he has continue to be played by the same guys. I NEVER see families gravitate to that area.

Again, this is just what I see. Other locations may be different.

It may be the redemption games that the kids are playing, but it's the adults that take them there. More chances of me taking the kids to these places if they have some pinball. I won't play that redemption stuff...

#364 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You are not familiar with Chicago politics.

Actually I am, I lived in Chicago for 26 years.

#365 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Actually I am, I lived in Chicago for 26 years.

And still hasn't seen the light... he's still a Bears fan...

#366 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Holy Shite is right! The cronyism alone is eyebrow raising. This was not his personal company to do with as he pleased.
    And the rest....damming!

Jack needs to run for congress

#367 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rick432:

making outrageous suggestions, propagating them in public forums like this one, only to encourage settlement before JJP has developed enough of a warchest to withstand the costly challenge, even if it is meritless.

What the hell Jack started this public forum thread but you don't want people to talk

#368 8 years ago

Reading that complaint, there sure is a lot of stuff that doesn't pass the smell test.

#369 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

it is better than the alternative

#370 8 years ago

I read the whole thread but I'm still confused... Who actually deflated the balls?

#371 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

I read the whole thread but I'm still confused... Who actually deflated the balls?

The cronies.

#372 8 years ago

The cronies from the race track are good at all kinds of "gamesmanship".

#373 8 years ago

JJ and JJP both being named as a defendant sounds expensive.

#374 8 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

JJ and JJP both being named as a defendant sounds expensive.

Dont worry.... Im sure JJP will find a way for fund that expense....

#375 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

I hate Cutler though!

#376 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I hate Cutler though!

HA! That's not saying much. Everyone hates Cutler. You know what, I think Cutler hates Cutler...

Jaz

P.S. Guessing by your avi that you're all-in on a KISS?

#377 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Dont worry.... Im sure JJP will find a way for fund that expense....

Pre-orders for Lawlor's pin!

#378 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Maybe but you now have a previous employer with some hard claims that JJP and his racetrack crew point blank stole $1.6+ million. That's not some internet jokers having fun about a pinball machine, it's a suit filed in court. It's clear they claim JJP and the crew STOLE the money. I'd be worried the IRS is going to show up and start looking if taxes have been paid on said money. That's how the "crew" will end up in jail. Forget the stupid hobbit, people will land behind bars up in CT! If anyone thinks the Hobbit is coming anytime soon need to read the claims! JJP is DONE! Put a fork in him and the crew!

#379 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Maybe but you now have a previous employer with some hard claims that JJP and his racetrack crew point blank stole $1.6+ million. That's not some internet jokers having fun about a pinball machine, it's a suit filed in court. It's clear they claim JJP and the crew STOLE the money. I'd be worried the IRS is going to show up and start looking if taxes have been paid on said money. That's how the "crew" will end up in jail. Forget the stupid hobbit, people will land behind bars up in CT! If anyone thinks the Hobbit is coming anytime soon need to read the claims! JJP is DONE! Put a fork in him and the crew!

The key word in your entire warning is "claims". There is a "claim" that Jack did something wrong. There is no proof, as of yet.

If these "claims" become "truth", then JJP would be in trouble. Until then, it's all drama.

Marcus

#380 8 years ago

Defending claims has sunk many an innocent ship.

#381 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

The key word in your entire warning is "claims". There is a "claim" that Jack did something wrong. There is no proof, as of yet.
    If these "claims" become "truth", then JJP would be in trouble. Until then, it's all drama.
    Marcus

Do you know something we don't know? None of us beside possibly Jack knows if there is proof or not.

#382 8 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Defending claims has sunk many an innocent ship.

For sure. I blew through $25k defending myself (successfully) from a bullshit claim. What did I get to show for proving I was right, a $25k lawyer bill.

#383 8 years ago

Pre-orders for Lawlor's pin!

I question whether there will be such a thing....

Im more worried its "pre-orders for TH' thats funding this and other assorted boondoggle at JJP...

#384 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I question whether there will be such a thing....
    Im more worried its "pre-orders for TH' thats funding this and other assorted boondoggle at JJP...

Hence the need for Lawlor pre-orders......to finance the Hobbit!

It's a vicious circle......

#385 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Do you know something we don't know? None of us beside possibly Jack knows if there is proof or not.

All I know is that one side claims one thing and the other side refutes the claims.

Jack has his side of the story. Elaut has its side of the story.

Until facts are actually presented, we are all giving an opinion.

And in my world, a "claim" does not equate to the "truth" until it has been proven.

Marcus

#386 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

The paper trail is what their claims are based? That's how they know the accounting isn't correct. Read the claims, just follow the money trail.

#387 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

All I know is that one side claims one thing and the other side refutes the claims.
    Jack has his side of the story. Elaut has its side of the story.
    Until facts are actually presented, we are all giving an opinion.
    And in my world, a "claim" does not equate to the "truth" until it has been proven.
    Marcus

Yup, we have a saying in engineering that I really like...

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion..."

Jaz

#388 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

So why file a civil instead of pursuing a criminal action with the authorities? With such clear cut theft, I would figure the first course of action would be to work with the DA in NJ and get it opened as a case. Company theft like that would be ripe pickings for any DA. Oh... unless it is hyperbole. Then I guess a civil case makes more sense.

#389 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So why file a civil instead of pursuing a criminal action with the authorities? With such clear cut theft, I would figure the first course of action would be to work with the DA in NJ and get it opened as a case. Company theft like that would be ripe pickings for any DA. Oh... unless it is hyperbole. Then I guess a civil case makes more sense.

A criminal case doesn't get your money back. That's what a civil case is for.

#390 8 years ago

I don't know where this will all end up. But some of you that are saying that JJP has to have pre-orders for#3, and that JJP can't/won't ship the hobbit now are frankly just talking out of your asses.

#391 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So why file a civil instead of pursuing a criminal action with the authorities? With such clear cut case ....

Exhibit A:

OJ-simpson-burglar.jpgOJ-simpson-burglar.jpg

#392 8 years ago

A criminal case doesn't get your money back. That's what a civil case is for.

Not entirely true. Restitution can be ordered in a criminal plea or conviction.

The burden of proof is the difference between criminal and civil. Easiest example? OJ. Criminal case was obvious, but the high standard required for criminal conviction just wasn't there. But in the civil case? More than enough evidence to meet the relaxed civil standard and find him liable. Guilty of a crime is much harder to prove than liable for a loss or damages.

#393 8 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Not entirely true. Restitution can be ordered in a criminal plea or conviction.
    The burden of proof is the difference between criminal and civil. Easiest example? OJ. Criminal case was obvious, but the high standard required for criminal conviction just wasn't there. But in the civil case? More than enough evidence to meet the relaxed civil standard and find him liable. Guilty of a crime is much harder to prove than liable for a loss or damages.

That's still not the way you go to get your money back.

#394 8 years ago

Maybe Im talking shit then..but does the delay of my pre-order Hobbit have any connection with this Elaut case? What timeframe are we looking at for this case to be over and done with?

#395 8 years ago

I'm sure Elaut just wants the money back and that's all. What follows could be real painful! IRS!

#396 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

but does the delay of my pre-order Hobbit have any connection with this Elaut case?

No. As mentioned many times in this thread, this could take a year or two to sort out.

Hobbit will be out long before then.

LTG : )

#397 8 years ago

Yeah..most likely your IRS acts the same as they do here... first IRS then the rest (us)

#398 8 years ago

I hope so LTG but really I need to see some possitive updates as well, it is way to quiet on that front.

#399 8 years ago

The biggest problem is that we don't even know if JJP is financially solvent anymore.

#400 8 years ago

After dealing with Jack I see no reason not believe he is capable of loading a company with his cronies and funneling money. Seems very plausible to me and honestly after how he lies to his customer base and stretches the truth I hope he is found guilty.

Very good read, and look forward to hearing the outcome hopefully with Elaut getting back what they deserve.

There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elaut-usa-inc/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.