4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 512 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a_(resized).JPG
    m5h7a.jpg
    strangelove.jpg
    Crony-Six-Pack-No-Li.jpg
    glass.jpg
    11295715_933125670083915_2956989014108070869_n(1).jpg
    OJ-simpson-burglar.jpg
    adgfrui89547jjkdfsjk5868566565ujjh.JPG
    RePlay November 2014.JPG
    2015-03-21 12.33.22.jpg
    image.jpg
    Dave Corriveau.jpg
    Do-not-feed-the-troll-02.jpg
    image-370.jpg
    judge-wapner.jpg
    banned.jpg

There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Just read this thread. JJ posts he is innocent when no one on Pinside either commented or cared. Now after five pages of commentary JJ does not respond. Why post if you cant follow up?!?! Good or bad it's all advertising, right Jack?

The court system is slow don't expect news for at least six months

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Perhaps it's now come to the point where Rick should be taking PR lessons from Jack.

The goal is to improve, correct?

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

The court system is slow don't expect news for at least six months

Try years!

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

... A school of piranha can take a healthy cow down in a few minutes.

Well someone's been reading a lot of Pinside threads! Nicely said, LOL.

#255 4 years ago

Are you referring to WOZ, Hobbit or the lawsuit?

1 month later
    #256 4 years ago

Often lawyers are the only real winners in lawsuits and settled out of court with private terms.
    If it plays out to trial everyone will see the results.

Pretty serious charges made , valid or not.

#257 4 years ago

Why did you bump this?

#258 4 years ago

Guessing Lawlor's machine will be Better Call Saul

#259 4 years ago

Lawlor's machine will be an ORIGINAL theme; no TV shows, movies, bands, etc.

#260 4 years ago

I think you missed the sarcasm...

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Why did you bump this?

I would guess to keep the thread fresh.

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Why did you bump this?

why should he not

#263 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Why did you bump this?

As second vice-chancellor of the Official JJP Fan Club, bumping potentially negative threads falls under his official duties. Check paragraph 13 of their charter...

#264 4 years ago

And I would also guess that there is concern on some people that this legal action could hamper JJP ability to deliver and support the Hobbit and future pins. There is an occasional mention of this thread in the Hobbit update thread as it relates to the delay of getting pins.

I've had caring people tell me to get out of my Hobbit pre-order for this reason alone. They are supposedly 'in the know'. I've discussed this with my distributor who knows Jack and he assures me I have nothing to worry about.

I usually stay quiet on these sort of things and just watch from a distance. As shipping for the Hobbit continues to grow closer (hopefully really close) and the positive reviews of the pin continue to come (especially from the PinballStar party last week) I'm just getting more and more excited for this pin. Obviously, I hope this lawsuit doesn't bite me and a lot of other folks on the butt.

#265 4 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I usually stay quiet on these sort of things and just watch from a distance. As shipping for the Hobbit continues to grow closer (hopefully really close) and the positive reviews of the pin continue to come (especially from the PinballStar party last week) I'm just getting more and more excited for this pin. Obviously, I hope this lawsuit doesn't bite me and a lot of other folks on the butt.

I appreciate your optimism, I am hoping you get your game soon, rather than another, oops, the date slipped.

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I appreciate your optimism, I am hoping you get your game soon, rather than another, oops, the date slipped.

You and me both. I would consider myself 'cautiously optimistic' but I'm not necessarily holding my breath. Not to mention the fact that once things do start shipping...am I one of the earlier pins to be received? One of the later? I have no idea.

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Why did you bump this?

Misery loves company - he was just howling to his buddies

See - there all right there - downvoting you just asking a question

image.jpg

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

image.jpg

Because it's a pretty stupid question.

As to your personal opinion / comments it added zero to the ongoing discussion unless your goal was a personal dig of sorts....and a bump, lol.

#269 4 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

Because it's a pretty stupid question.
    As to your personal opinion / comments it added zero to the ongoing discussion unless your goal was a personal dig of sorts....and a bump, lol.

Whatever dude - your all nothing but JJP trolls & pot stirrers..... Threads been dead for a month

#270 4 years ago

flashback to the good ol' days

2015-03-21 12.33.22.jpg
    #271 4 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

flashback to the good ol' days

2015-03-21 12.33.22.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Before the invention of the hoodie.

#272 4 years ago

image.jpg

It was a stupid thing to ask.

Why did he "bump" the thread? It was his first post in the thread and a perfectly valid comment. Do you disagree with what he posted?

Or are you just one of those JJP fanboys that never wants to see anything remotely negative posted, so the revival of this thread really pisses you off? A thread that was started by JJP by the way.

#273 4 years ago

Whatever dude - your all nothing but JJP trolls & pot stirrers..... Threads been dead for a month

I clicked on the thread, read it for the first time and posted an objective (IMHO) comment.

(Dude)

#274 4 years ago

More interesting reading from RePlay Magazine.

Note dates:
    November 2014

Jersey Jack
    by Jack Guarnieri

Holidays on the Horizon

I have a busy travel and show schedule as we release three slightly different models of The Hobbit Pinball machine in the coming weeks. At this writing, we have orders for over 1,200 games, and we have not even shown the full game yet.
    Yes, to some customers, we sell everything nobody needs. Since the start I’ve been told that demand is a good problem. But it’s a problem still, and one that we have been overcoming. It gets a bit easier with every model we design and build.

Looking at my calendar, I see the fast approaching IAAPA, Thanksgiving and, for me, Christmas.

Thinking about the holidays, with seven weeks to go until Black Friday as of this writing, the National Retail Federation just reported that the slow improvement in the economy should translate into an increase in retail sales between 4 and 4.5 percent from November through January.

Last year there were six less shopping days and very bad weather in much of the U.S. Online sales the final weekend before Christmas were reportedly up over 37% over the year before. Last year, many people waited until the last minute to order online and FedEx, UPS and the USPS were swamped and faced weather delays causing many gifts to be delivered on the third or fifth day of Christmas. Those in the know predict online sales this year could be up between 8-11 percent.

Deep discounting will still be a big part of customer motivation. New electronics, clothing, jewelry, gift cards, are easy online purchases for many. Many people showroom, or check out goods in person, and then go online to buy. We all seem to have less time and none of us want to shortchange those to whom we want to give gifts.

The first sign of Christmas I saw this year was in August while at a Price-Smart in Aruba. They actually had Christmas trees on display. That was very sobering while it was over 90 degrees outside and I was wearing shorts. “Christmas Creep” has been going on for years, but starting in August really takes the cake. Fortunately, it looks like there may be a happy holiday season this year for many retailers. Let’s hope so.

Since we sell everything nobody needs, as I love to say, many of our customers celebrate the holiday season every day. To the coin-op customers we sell to, it’s a matter of getting the games onto their locations so they can make money.

Apart from religion, “The Reason for the Season” is now ultimately retail sales, but a stronger economy creates better conditions for all of our families. The all-important Black Friday is the point in the year where many retailers start making their profits so we certainly hope that it is a rosy holiday season and the predictions of an economic upturn come to pass.
    I can say that many of our vendors are busier this year than they were last year and many are in better shape to deliver goods to us. If I look at it on ground level, the feeling among many people I speak with is more positive than negative.

If it does not kill you, it makes you stronger. Unfortunately, the Economic Crisis did kill many businesses. The good news is that those who survived are in better shape today.

See you at IAAPA.

RePlay November 2014.JPG
    #275 4 years ago

image.jpg

Of course, it was okay for you six weeks ago....

adgfrui89547jjkdfsjk5868566565ujjh.JPG
    #276 4 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

I think you missed the sarcasm...

I guess I did.

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

More interesting reading from RePlay Magazine.

Was that actually in the magazine ? It wasn't very well composed , it should have been left on the editors floor .

#278 4 years ago

Thanks for the bump. I probably wouldn't have posted otherwise. I view the below link as positive news as to current production & the future of Jersey Jack Pinball.

http://www.vendingtimes.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=EB79A487112B48A296B38C81345C8C7F&nm=Vending+Features&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=3939DE90FD70463886E2C007313A07FA

Distributors, hobbyists & operators that have prepaid towards orders have made Jersey Jack Pinball financially feasible. They are a valuable asset & also represent the future of the industry. The factory has the capability to pump out a great product. In the worst case scenario, smart business will prevail & the hands that feed it will not be bitten.

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Was that actually in the magazine ? It wasn't very well composed , it should have been left on the editors floor .

Yes; Jack wrote it, he likes it!

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

As second vice-chancellor of the Official JJP Fan Club, bumping potentially negative threads falls under his official duties. Check paragraph 13 of their charter...

You speak of a negative thread yet it was jack who started the thread did he do so thinking people would not talk I don't think so

#281 4 years ago

Has jack released the auction court doc related to this? It's pretty damning.

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Has jack released the auction court doc related to this? It's pretty damning.

It hasn't been made public, or available via legal document retrieval sites that I've seen. Maybe one of the lawyers on the board can chime in. Of course it looks bad. It's a complaint filed by Elaut. I've read it so I know what you're saying. Just keep in mind though it's Elaut's side of the story and may or may not be completely accurate. That will be for the court to decide. Unless it's settled. Of course you may never know the result as there are ways of preventing it from becoming public. Again, a trial lawyer he could give exact details. Assuming we have one.

2 months later
    #283 4 years ago

Here's the complaint -- I hadn't seen this until today when RobT posted it over in the big JPop thread:
    http://issuu.com/jackgtruth/docs/jjp_lawsuit

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Here's the complaint -- I hadn't seen this until today when RobT posted it over in the big JPop thread:

Just to clarify, I was not the one who uploaded the Complaint to that site.

#285 4 years ago

Once again it was a genius move for JJP to start this thread with such a non-eye catching title. Everyone should read these charges, but attempts to start another thread were immediately locked.

Bump.

#286 4 years ago

Holy shite....

just read the first few pages.... if that's all just "sour grapes from a former employer" - then they are the sourest grapes ive ever heard of...

#287 4 years ago

Holy Shite is right! The cronyism alone is eyebrow raising. This was not his personal company to do with as he pleased.

And the rest....damming!

#288 4 years ago

Wow, just read document. These are really serious allegations. Holy .....

#289 4 years ago

That isn't insignificant. Naturally, anyone can sue anyone else for anything. And only the Elaut plaintiffs and Jack and the defendants know where the line of truth actually sits. But that suit is problematic from a defense standpoint. Wonder where they are in discovery? Depos out there? Seems like it has been filed long enough for dispositive motions to have been filed, if there were any coming. I was unaware that JJP itself was a defendant. That isn't a cheap case to defend, considering the paper trails and man hours billed to sift through financials like that. Big revenues and small profits = lots of math to do and holes to climb down into.

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Holy Shite is right! The cronyism alone is eyebrow raising. This was not his personal company to do with as he pleased.
    And the rest....damming!

I did chuckle at all the "executives" that he brought over from his local racetrack...

It's almost too cliche to be true....

#291 4 years ago

Yea that is the document I read a few months back. I think once people see this they are going to have some concerns. I don't know if Jack is innocent or guilty of any of these things, however it will make everyone feel a little uneasy moving forward, at least it changed my outlook is all.

#292 4 years ago

It hasn't been dismissed as "frivolous" yet and I don't see any "counter claims".

Yet I also know there are two sides to every story and Jack vigorously denies it.

Those are some pretty specific facts. I hope its not true.

#293 4 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

That isn't a cheap case to defend, considering the paper trails and man hours billed to sift through financials like that. Big revenues and small profits = lots of math to do and holes to climb down into.

No shit, to defend or prosecute, the forensic accounting hours alone. Happy lawyers here.

#294 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, just read document. These are really serious allegations. Holy .....

That is exactly how the lawyers for ELAUT USA, INC. intended for it to read. Whether there is any truth, that's a separate matter. Let's not judge JJP here or make assumptions based on the document. I think we have a process for that...

FWIW, I really dislike WoZ so I'm not a fanboy.

#295 4 years ago

I'm going to state this again which applies today even more than it applied on 2/2/2015:

To all in the industry who know me, I want to be the first to tell you about some news you may be hearing, from other sources, about a civil complaint filed against me personally and against Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. by Elaut USA, Inc. As you may know, I left the employ of Elaut USA, Inc. more than three years ago. The complaint alleges that I, while employed at Elaut USA, Inc., I took money for myself and for Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. to which I was not entitled. I have categorically denied these allegations in response to this complaint, and I categorically deny them now. The complaint is utterly without merit and a frivolous waste of judicial resources. I intend to vigorously defend this matter and anticipate that when the truth emerges, I will be fully vindicated as to each and every allegation.

#296 4 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Wonder where they are in discovery? Depos out there? Seems like it has been filed long enough for dispositive motions to have been filed, if there were any coming.

The complaint was filed less than 6 months ago. That's nothing in civil litigation. Lots of documents in this case and sounds like lots of witnesses too. Assuming they don't settle, there's plenty to keep the lawyers busy for another six months or a year before they get around to filing summary judgment briefs (which should make for interesting reading in this case, I'd think).

So I don't think we'll get to hear the juicy details (or even the substance of JJP's defense) for a long while yet.

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Oh wow. If that company has any proof of the funneling this will be big. Some people wonder how the rich get richer. Here it is.

#298 4 years ago

#299 4 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Oh wow. If that company has any proof of the funneling this will be big. Some people wonder how the rich get richer. Here it is.

The allegations are very serious, but of course if you judged every case on the complaint alone ...

[EDIT: And just to be clear, I really, really hope that the case resolves in a way that vindicates Jack and JJP, or at the very least doesn't fatally wound the company.]

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

The complaint was filed less than 6 months ago. That's nothing in civil litigation. Lots of documents in this case and sounds like lots of witnesses too. Assuming they don't settle, there's plenty to keep the lawyers busy for another six months or a year before they get around to filing summary judgment briefs (which should make for interesting reading in this case, I'd think).
    So I don't think we'll get to hear the juicy details (or even the substance of JJP's defense) for a long while yet.

Oh, I agree that it is young. But the 45 day dismissal exists in NJ, no? For entirely merit less claims? Just pointing out it is beyond that point. Either way, vigorous defense costs serious money on this one.

Always curious when something outlining this kind of substantial conversion and embezzlement isn't prosecuted criminally. The civil complaint clearly alleges facts that, if true, would result in multiple felony indictments - which clearly didn't happen here. We had an employee steal about $200K over 20 or so months, and you bet we filed a civil suit and took a judgment against her.....only after she was prosecuted, convicted and sentenced to 4 years of prison. Gotta wonder about the fact that the DA side of this equation isn't present. That fact alone tells you they didn't have the probable cause standard to amount to even an indictment. Not indicative of much on its own, but it is something to consider.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 30.00
    $ 22.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside