Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 512 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a_(resized).JPG
    m5h7a.jpg
    strangelove.jpg
    Crony-Six-Pack-No-Li.jpg
    glass.jpg
    11295715_933125670083915_2956989014108070869_n(1).jpg
    OJ-simpson-burglar.jpg
    adgfrui89547jjkdfsjk5868566565ujjh.JPG
    RePlay November 2014.JPG
    2015-03-21 12.33.22.jpg
    image.jpg
    Dave Corriveau.jpg
    Do-not-feed-the-troll-02.jpg
    image-370.jpg
    judge-wapner.jpg
    banned.jpg
    There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
    #501 8 years ago
    Quoted from goldant:

Maybe it is time to lock this thread? The whole thing is completely ridiculous. It actually used the word "cronies".

I'd say lock it once its resolved- one way or another.

Frankly, JJP wants THIS thread open- with its nondescript title. Lock this thread and the mods might finally allow a thread with a more descriptive title.

#502 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I'd say lock it once its resolved- one way or another.
    Frankly, JJP wants THIS thread open- with its nondescript title. Lock this thread and the mods might finally allow a thread with a more descriptive title.

Locking this thread would only result in another thread coming up. As things stand, we are keeping all facets of this discussion contained in one dumpster fire thread.

Yea, use of the word "cronies" is very amateurish.

#503 8 years ago

Every civil complaint I read is like that tho.. over the top.. claiming the absurd as impacting.. etc.

If there is some expectation that these complaints are supposed to be tight, polite, and very level headed.. it's just the opposite. It's throw everything you possibly can at it.. and let the process sort out what sticks.

#504 8 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Every civil complaint I read is like that tho.. over the top.. claiming the absurd as impacting.. etc.
    If there is some expectation that these complaints are supposed to be tight, polite, and very level headed.. it's just the opposite. It's throw everything you possibly can at it.. and let the process sort out what sticks.

Yup....

And you wonder why so many politicians come out of the legal "profession" - their approach is exactly the same!

#505 8 years ago

The act of accusation/filing the suit is a tool of extortion in and of itself, as the process is drawn out, expensive, and allows for over-the-top, highly visible public accusations without having to back any of it up for years.

#506 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rick432:

The act of accusation/filing the suit is a tool of extortion in and of itself, as the process is drawn out, expensive, and allows for over-the-top, highly visible public accusations without having to back any if it up for years.

That would mean something if people cared this thread has been dead for six months

#507 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rick432:

The act of accusation/filing the suit is a tool of extortion in and of itself, as the process is drawn out, expensive, and allows for over-the-top, highly visible public accusations without having to back any if it up for years.

How do you know this? Do you know both sides?

#508 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

How do you know this? Do you know both sides?

The post you quoted refers to lawsuits in general and is non-specific to this case, so there are no "sides" to know. But anyone with even a cursory knowledge understands this about our tort system, plaintiff and defendant attorneys alike. Indeed, it is by design, to encourage settlement.

But in the spirit of your question, I understand enough, including having read the dishrag of a complaint, to come to the opinion that if it flows like a sewer, looks like a sewer, sounds like a sewer, and smells like a sewer, it probably is full of sewage.

I have no doubt that in a few years, when this has run its course, my opinion will be validated. But we don't have to argue: the court system will grind away at it and time will tell.

#509 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rick432:

The post you quoted refers to lawsuits in general and is non-specific to this case, so there are no "sides" to know. But anyone with even a cursory knowledge understands this about our tort system, plaintiff and defendant attorneys alike. Indeed, it is by design, to encourage settlement.
    But in the spirit of your question, I understand enough, including having read the dishrag of a complaint, to come to the opinion that if it flows like a sewer, looks like a sewer, sounds like a sewer, and smells like a sewer, it probably is full of sewage.
    I have no doubt that in a few years, when this has run its course, my opinion will be validated. But we don't have to argue: the court system will grind away at it and time will tell.

Well said.

1 year later
    #510 6 years ago

This case was settled at the end of August 2017. The Settlement was between Elaut and Jack Guarnieri only and was settled as the case was about to begin.
    All claims against me, Michael Carle, were amicably resolved and were dismissed. I just want to make sure my name is cleared and that it is clear I was not involved in any settlement.

#511 6 years ago
    Quoted from krash:

This case was settled at the end of August 2017. The Settlement was between Elaut and Jack Guarnieri only and was settled as the case was about to begin.
    All claims against me, Michael Carle, were amicably resolved and were dismissed. I just want to make sure my name is cleared and that it is clear I was not involved in any settlement.

Any info on the settlement? I couldn't find any and I was curious. It sounded like bullcookies from the start, and I'm just curious if Elaut made any money out of the deal (hoping not).

#512 6 years ago
    Quoted from krash:

Elaut made some pretty hardcore accusations against you. Amazing you ended up at "amicably resolved". If all the stuff they alleged about you wasn't true, I would have been after them for hardcore defamation.

There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elaut-usa-inc/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.