4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 512 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a_(resized).JPG
    m5h7a.jpg
    strangelove.jpg
    Crony-Six-Pack-No-Li.jpg
    glass.jpg
    11295715_933125670083915_2956989014108070869_n(1).jpg
    OJ-simpson-burglar.jpg
    adgfrui89547jjkdfsjk5868566565ujjh.JPG
    RePlay November 2014.JPG
    2015-03-21 12.33.22.jpg
    image.jpg
    Dave Corriveau.jpg
    Do-not-feed-the-troll-02.jpg
    image-370.jpg
    judge-wapner.jpg
    banned.jpg

There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
    #451 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I can smell bullshit a mile away.

Sounds like CaptainNavidad and DaveH

#452 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I'm quite solvent. I don't walk like a duck. I can smell bullshit a mile away.

Wait, is this a JJP lawsuit thread or are we here to critique your dating profile?

#453 4 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

"There are three sides to every story: Your side, my side, and the truth. And no one is lying."
    ---Robert Evans

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead"
    ~Benjamin Franklin

(If you did something with help its not secret)

#454 4 years ago

With apologies to the real lawyers, I see a lot of this in this thread:m5h7a.jpg

#455 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

So have you been reading your posts? Or RustyBalls'?

No, just your old ones. I notice their foul stench the moment I log onto Pinside.

#456 4 years ago

Lol, minimum punishment for using a Star Wars quote with a Star Trek avatar. Blasphemer!

#457 4 years ago

I've seen what seems like quite a few Hobbit preorders for sale on pinside. Mostly Smaugs for 7500ish which is a great price IMO. I'm too scared to bite though.

#458 4 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I've seen what seems like quite a few Hobbit preorders for sale on pinside. Mostly Smaugs for 7500ish which is a great price IMO. I'm too scared to bite though.

Same thing happened with WOZ although there wasn't all the Elaunt stuff out in the open.

#459 4 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I've seen what seems like quite a few Hobbit preorders for sale on pinside. I'm too scared to bite though.

So is Smaug. That's the problem.

#460 4 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I've seen what seems like quite a few Hobbit preorders for sale on pinside. Mostly Smaugs for 7500ish which is a great price IMO. I'm too scared to bite though"

"This post was moderated for Off-topic posting 1 hour ago. “Keep on topic - Hobbit has its own place”.

Seriously mods? You guys are out of control. There's a LOT of stuff NOT on topic in this thread, and what I was referring to was this the company involved in this thread, as to why I am scared to get into a preorder with them. How is that off topic?

I also believe what's being talked about in this thread is one of the reasons there are so many Hobbit spots popping up lately.

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

There's a LOT of stuff NOT on topic in this thread, and what I was referring to was this the company involved in this thread, as to why I am scared to get into a preorder with them. How is that off topic?

For extra irony points, the post literally right above the offending one was *completely* off topic -- although funny

... and this one too... oops!

#463 4 years ago

WTF...seriously some of these so called moderation interventions are completely off base......

#464 4 years ago

Know the difference between a lawyer and a prostitute??? The prostitute stops screwing you once you're dead.

#465 4 years ago

3 Thread ejects and 1 warning for the last 5 posts!?

Won't make the Elaut lawsuit go away.

(Guess I am done with this thread too)

#466 4 years ago

There appears to be some very specific, key words in the complaint filed as well as the non-legally binding statements from both sides in the trade press as well as on message boards.

Unless settled out of court soon, both sides can easily spend over half of any positive judgement on legal defense.

A terrible situation indeed. It all boils down to money. How sad.

#467 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It all boils down to money

Everything always does.

#468 4 years ago

Just trying to catch up on this thread...... I've concluded that the lawsuit and the moderation are both a mess. Yikes

#469 4 years ago

Sad day (year-ish) for pinball to have this hanging overhead. And if settled out of court there will always be some suspicion hanging overhead.

Best option for Jack is to fight and win in court if he wants people to keep sending him ~8-9K to sit on for several years. BUT having this hanging overhead for another year-ish would likely (IMO) kill any future pre-pay as well until this is settled...

Seems like a lose lose on JJP's end... not an enviable position to be in especially when your second game is now a year or so late (depending on what goal you want to measure it by and when it actually is shipping).

#470 4 years ago

Perhaps The Hobbit will be the last pre order - so it may not matter 'too' much.

1 month later
    #471 4 years ago

Does anyone know what the status of the lawsuit is?

#472 4 years ago
    Quoted from Expletive:

Yes. Stupid.

(The lawsuit. Not you.)

#473 4 years ago
    Quoted from Expletive:

look it up if you're so interested.
    http://njcourts.judiciary.state.nj.us/web15z/ACMSPA/

#474 4 years ago

Disposed back in April...

#475 4 years ago
    Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

Disposed back in April...

Disposed or De-posed? Disposed means "ended", deposed = statements being taken and just getting started.

#476 4 years ago

I guess I suck at the Internet. Can't navigate that site!

#477 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I guess I suck at the Internet. Can't navigate that site!

Most government/state/county sites are awful to navigate. It's not just you. They are all running on cutting edge 1990's tech, after all

#478 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Most government/state/county sites are awful to navigate. It's not just you. They are all running on cutting edge 1990's tech, after all

Tell me aboot it...using frikkin Firefox 23 over here

#479 4 years ago

It looks like there was a hearing in May 29th, and the case is sitting in discovery until November, but there is no set trial date set. There's also a few other curious proceedings in there as well, though I'm not sure if that's typical of a case like this or not.

#480 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like there was a hearing in May 29th, and the case is sitting in discovery until November, but there is no set trial date set. There's also a few other curious proceedings in there as well, though I'm not sure if that's typical of a case like this or not.

Can you easily cut and paste the docket entries here (or at least the "curious" looking ones) for those that cannot access it?

#481 4 years ago

its still active, I jsut looked it up. There really isn't much info given at all on that website but it does list the case as active and it was last maintained 07/31/2015

6 months later
    #482 3 years ago

http://issuu.com/jackgtruth/docs/jjp_lawsuit - Not sure this has been posted before - apologies if it has.
    Provides a description and details of the alleged activity.

#483 3 years ago
    Quoted from lukex:

http://issuu.com/jackgtruth/docs/jjp_lawsuit - Not sure this has been posted before - apologies if it has.

Every time I look at that petition it just looks so amateurish. It's like the plaintiffs wrote it up pro se and just had a lawyer sign it. It reads terribly, from the structure through the verbiage selection.

#484 3 years ago

...and repeats everything about 5 times...

#485 3 years ago
    Quoted from lukex:

Those are some pretty incendiary allegations.

#486 3 years ago

Every time this thread rears its ugly head, this is what I think:

#487 3 years ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Those are some pretty incendiary allegations.

Anybody can write up incendiary allegations about anybody else. That is the easy part. Shockingly there are no moderators in the court system. People can throw poop against the wall for years, and they just hope that the smell gets on their intended target.

#488 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Anybody can write up incendiary allegations about anybody else. That is the easy part. Shockingly there are no moderators in the court system. People can throw poop against the wall for years, and they just hope that the smell gets on their intended target.

Yep, courts need to enforce the rules on their books and hold people (including lawyers) in contempt of court or convict them of purgery if they make allegations that get disproved. As things stand now most courts just allow defamation to go unpunished.

The problem is with the judges...they need to hold attorneys accountable better (make attorneys do their own due diligence before just signing off on whatever allegations their client's may speak).

#489 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Yes, but aren't they risking a countersuit for defamation they will lose if they pulled all that stuff out of their butt just to harm JJP, Jack, and the others mentioned?

#490 3 years ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Yes, but aren't they risking a countersuit for defamation they will lose if they pulled all that stuff out of their butt just to harm JJP, Jack, and the others mentioned?

Yes but all of that takes a lot of time and money and causes reputational damage and they just want to get on with things. Lawyers have figured out they can just throw a bunch of stuff and get paid to settle and make it go away. Back when I lived in the US I was in a very minor traffic accident, only paint was scraped up on the other car and very little of that even. I VERY lightly bumped him. A month later I got a summons for tens of thousands of dollars in damages for stress, injury, lost wages, depreciation blah blah blah. I gave it to my insurance company and they paid them something. Nothing to the allegations in that case but they got paid and that is why insurance prices are so stupidly high. Easier to pay someone off and make it go away then go through a trial. That is what people hope at least.

#491 3 years ago
    Quoted from vireland:

So, a counter suit for defamation is a pain in the ass to file. The better option would be if judges just did their job and held lawyers accountable.

*grabs soap box, steps on*

Judges don't like holding lawyers in contempt of court for making meritless accusations that harm people...that is a problem with the judges and not the rules on the books. Judges don't fine lawyers who they are friends with or who support them for their campaigns (or hunting trips or whatever)...there are lot of really bad judges out there.

Heck, a federal judge in my home town was on tape last year blistered drunk, driving up the wrong way on a highway, threatening a cop with losing his job if he arrested her, and she basically got away with the entire thing even after the media got ahold of the video. If I threatened a cop who was trying to arrest me it would just be another charge...not the judge though...she still sits on the bench issuing indecipherable rulings. As a country, we need better people on the bench. These people need to hold lawyers accountable.

*steps off soap box*

#492 3 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Yes but all of that takes a lot of time and money and causes reputational damage and they just want to get on with things. Lawyers have figured out they can just throw a bunch of stuff and get paid to settle and make it go away. Back when I lived in the US I was in a very minor traffic accident, only paint was scraped up on the other car and very little of that even. I VERY lightly bumped him. A month later I got a summons for tens of thousands of dollars in damages for stress, injury, lost wages, depreciation blah blah blah. I gave it to my insurance company and they paid them something. Nothing to the allegations in that case but they got paid and that is why insurance prices are so stupidly high. Easier to pay someone off and make it go away then go through a trial. That is what people hope at least.

Got my first two pins with that settlement. Thanks bro!

#493 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, a counter suit for defamation is a pain in the ass to file. The better option would be if judges just did their job and held lawyers accountable.
    *grabs soap box, steps on*
    Judges don't like holding lawyers in contempt of court for making meritless accusations that harm people...that is a problem with the judges and not the rules on the books. Judges don't fine lawyers who they are friends with or who support them for their campaigns (or hunting trips or whatever)...there are lot of really bad judges out there.
    Heck, a federal judge in my home town was on tape last year blistered drunk, driving up the wrong way on a highway, threatening a cop with losing his job if he arrested her, and she basically got away with the entire thing even after the media got ahold of the video. If I threatened a cop who was trying to arrest me it would just be another charge...not the judge though...she still sits on the bench issuing indecipherable rulings. As a country, we need better people on the bench. These people need to hold lawyers accountable.
    *steps off soap box*

Remember it is not uncommon for judges to be former lawyers. So it is kind of like asking for parents to eat its young One thing for sure, is they are all of the common breed.

#494 3 years ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Along with the two answers above, it also opens up more discovery. Once the countersuit opens all kinds of things are on the table that are unrelated to the original charge. It can turn into a massive fishing operation costing millions of dollars.

#495 3 years ago

Why wouldn't Elaut go to the fops if it was so clear cut? Going by the document above there is a clear paper trail.

#496 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Why wouldn't Elaut go to the fops if it was so clear cut? Going by the document above there is a clear paper trail.

Because then they could not sling mud. Yes, if it was true it would be a criminal investigation. Plenty of laws to convict if this was true. That taints their argument just a bit

#497 3 years ago

Just by us talking about it again.....

#498 3 years ago

Elaut just bought Coast to Coast Entertainment in New Jersey a few months ago it was big news in the amusement industry.

a_(resized).JPG

#499 3 years ago

Loser pays would solve a lot of the BS.

#500 3 years ago

Maybe it is time to lock this thread? The whole thing is completely ridiculous. It actually used the word "cronies".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 30.40
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.00
    $ 75.00
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside