Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jump_conclusions-600x356.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
elaut-fishing.jpg
image.jpeg
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Am I misunderstanding what you said, or are you admitting huge dishonesty? Pre-ordering the game and paying for it, selling your spot to someone else ... and taking a refund they (presumably erroneously) offered?

Yes you are misunderstanding what I said. I am a customer per Elaut (maybe they think I purchased a WOZ) and Jack shipped it to someone else so I am suggesting maybe they think there should have been 2X payments instead of one for all those that sold thier spots. (2 customers but only 1 payment).

If this is for WOZ I should not have received a letter since I did not ultimately purchase one.

#102 8 years ago

I guess I live under a rock. WTF is Elaut and what do they have to do with JJP.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Yes you are misunderstanding what I said. I am a customer per Elaut (maybe they think I purchased a WOZ) and Jack shipped it to someone else so I am suggesting maybe they think there should have been 2X payments instead of one for all those that sold thier spots. (2 customers but only 1 payment).
If this is for WOZ I should not have received a letter since I did not ultimately purchase one.

Sorry then, couldn't see what else you meant. Either way, seems like some strange business practices from all parties.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Good question. For effect I would go with a handwritten letter, or perhaps on poster board?

Strongly-worded hand-written letter written only by natural light.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

So, if I follow the gist of this thread, there is potential that JJ has/may have improperly manipulated his books to his advantage and to another's detriment. And none of you want to cooperate in the auditor's determination about that. Yet, you send hundreds of thousands of dollars in prepay to a guy in an effort to quash the process that might determine if he has screwed somebody?
Insert little scratching head character here.

Yes, there is LITERALLY SOME potential that is the case.

However, Elaut is fishing for information without going through the appropriate legal process. Screw 'em. I wouldn't give them information any sooner than I would give a police officer any more information than I'm required to at a traffic stop.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Strongly-worded hand-written letter written only by natural light.

Yeah, assuming you don't have a sweet touch lamp.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Yes, there is LITERALLY SOME potential that is the case.
However, Elaut is fishing for information without going through the appropriate legal process. Screw 'em. I wouldn't give them information any sooner than I would give a police officer any more information than I'm required to at a traffic stop.

In my estimation, the single most telling factor in determining how REAL the Elaut case is- is the recent investment in JJP.

IMO, any investor would have scrutinized this pretty closely, and asked for some assurances/evidence from Jack to answer the issue. The fact that an investor decided to jump in with this "hanging over his head" makes me think its NOT really a big deal.

Yes, complete conjecture on my part... but more telling than the auditor letter IMO.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

In my estimation, the single most telling factor in determining how REAL the Elaut case is- is the recent investment in JJP.
IMO, any investor would have scrutinized this pretty closely, and asked for some assurances/evidence from Jack to answer the issue. The fact that an investor decided to jump in with this "hanging over his head" makes me think its NOT really a big deal.
Yes, complete conjecture on my part... but more telling than the auditor letter IMO.

Do some research of why the first investor is no more.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I don't recall hearing about when or even if the first investor exited the relationship.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Why don't you do some research on partys behind the lawsuit and see if they are involved in any other lawsuits and such m. Then enlighten us. Spend $60 it's easy to search. Then come back and report facts vs saber-rattling with vague comments. We get it you don't like JJP.

#112 8 years ago

This whole Elaut letter I got has given me a case of morbid curiousity. Pinballstar, what's the skinny on your take on this?

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Why don't you do some research on the people behind the lawsuit and see how many judgements THEY have against them. Then enlighten us. Spent $60 it's easy to search. Then come back and report facts vs saber-rattling with vague comments. We get it you don't like JJP.

You say you spent $60 to look into Elaut but don't share wtf

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Na.... Why bother? It's not like anyone but them and JJP know the facts....

I'm simply making an observation based on the stuff we DO know- which is a new investor came on board AFTER this lawsuit was filed.... Everything else is conjecture (including my post)

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Why don't you do some research on the people behind the lawsuit and see how many judgements THEY have against them. Then enlighten us. Spent $60 it's easy to search. Then come back and report facts vs saber-rattling with vague comments. We get it you don't like JJP.

I get it too. You're constantly posting JJP pins for sale. You'll support JJP no matter what. See how easy that is to post?

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

This whole Elaut letter I got has given me a case of morbid curiousity. Pinballstar, what's the skinny on your take on this?

My take is its garbage. I have a stake as a distributor so I did my research. As I'm sure the new (and surely very saavy) investors did. The result is we all continue to do business with JJP. As do many vendors in this hobby, etc...

A lawsuit with the word 'cronies' in it and letters from accountants (cheaper than a lawyer's subpoena) asking for things the surely already have lead to this being nothing but an ax grinding fishing expedition joke played out for public consumption.

If you 'think' you lost 1.6M you think you'd know that sooner than 5 years later. If you're that good of a businessperson to earn that much to begin with you think you'd notice it missing. Lol.

Or maybe it was just convenient timing when the other party got successful. Isn't theft a crime, where are the cops ??? Strange huh ? It smells like shit from start to finish, that's my take.

Sue and settle : I sue you for millions with a wild accusation, you maybe just want it to go away because it embarrassing or a distraction and offer me some free money to go away. Me and my lawyer will have a nice dinner on you... Ta da !

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I get it too. You're constantly posting JJP pins for sale. You'll support JJP no matter what. See how easy that is to post?

No, I wouldn't. Just saying if you are going post something you think you know - spill it. Enlighten us and back it up with facts. Otherwise why bother stir the pot ?

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

No, I wouldn't. Just saying if you are going post something you think you know - spill it. Enlighten us and back it up with facts. Otherwise why bother stir the pot ?

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

This is nothing more than a fishing / embarrassment expedition

Why do you care? You already have all the answers. As you've obviously done your research...

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

We get it you don't like JJP.

If he loves them or hates them what's it have to do with a 3rd party lawsuit and discovery ?
It will play out regardless of anyone's personal feelings or bias.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Why don't you do some research on the people behind the lawsuit and see how many judgements THEY have against them. Then enlighten us. Spend $60 it's easy to search. Then come back and report facts vs saber-rattling with vague comments. We get it you don't like JJP.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Why don't you do some research on the people behind the lawsuit and see how many judgements THEY have against them. Then enlighten us. Spend $60 it's easy to search. Then come back and report facts vs saber-rattling with vague comments. We get it you don't like JJP.

Just saying if you are going post something you think you know - spill it. Enlighten us and back it up with facts. Otherwise why bother stir the pot ?

Sound familiar? It goes both ways.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Just saying if you are going post something you think you know - spill it. Enlighten us and back it up with facts. Otherwise why bother stir the pot ?
Sound familiar? It goes both ways.

I told you something I know. Told you how to go find it. If it ain't worth a few dollars to you to educate yourself a bit on a subject you have nothing to do with but obviously care so much about then I'm confused why it's so important.

The constant bashing is *yawn* old. Every JJP thread... Who cares let them fight it out. You and I have very little to do with it. Obviously many others - investors and vendors who have a lot at stake have spoken by their actions. That as others have said speaks volumes. More than you and I bantering back and forth will ever prove.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I told you something I know. Told you how to go find it. If it ain't worth a few dollars to you to educate yourself a bit on a subject you have nothing to do with but obviously care so much about then I'm confused why it's so important.
The constant bashing is *yawn* old. Every JJP thread... Who cares let them fight it out. You and I have very little to do with it. Obviously many others - investors and vendors who have a lot at stake have spoken by their actions. That as others have said speaks volumes. More than you and I bantering back and forth will ever prove.

I'm not bashing in this thread. Unlike you I'm suggesting everyone needs to wait before any rush to judgement. If I were bashing I would say something completely different. You seem to be completely sure you're right after hearing one side. If that works for you, great. But don't be hypocritical and bash me when I suggest someone do a little research on a subject they posted about when you did it right after me. You love Jack, great. Don't give me a hard time because I say something you don't like. I have completely ignored your Jack love-fests

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I'm not bashing in this thread. Unlike you I'm suggesting everyone needs to wait before any rush to judgement. If I were bashing I would say something completely different. You seem to be completely sure you're right after hearing one side. If that works for you, great. But don't be hypocritical and bash me when I suggest someone do a little research on a subject they posted about when you did it right after me. You love Jack, great. Don't give me a hard time because I say something you don't like. I have completely ignored your Jack love-fests

You threw a subject - first investors - out that has nothing to do with the lawsuit and provided no info. That's bashing / trolling. It doesn't affect you in any capacity why do you care ?

I provided info I went and found relating to the lawsuit which is what this thread is about. I spoke to the topic. That's the difference.

Nuff said. We disagree. It's cool, it happens. Expo's next week, let's play pinball and let the parties duke it out. It's not really our business. Somebody's right, somebody's wrong, maybe they're both right and wrong.

#125 8 years ago

Pinballstar and chessiv: you've both made your various points well. Take further discussion between the two of you to PM. Thanks.

#126 8 years ago

Well, the letter had a sense of 'fishing' to it right at the start. My take was it was a waste of my time. Discussing with others here that seems to be the accurate outlook on this. Moving on I guess...

#127 8 years ago

I also received this letter, and at least in my case it is inquiring about a timeframe way before WOZ was in the works. The only thing I ever bought from Jack was my WoF back in January 2009. So I do not think that this really has anything to do with WOZ. Still haven't decided if I should respond or not, but I'm leaning towards just ignoring it.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

If you 'think' you lost 1.6M you think you'd know that sooner than 5 years later. If you're that good of a businessperson to earn that much to begin with you think you'd notice it missing. Lol.

I disagree, there is not a week or two that goes by where there isn't a story about someone who was embezzling huge sums from a company that took them years to identify. One of my favorites was a woman who created a fake company and was sending 20K in payments every month for 'supplies', she had been doing it for years and years and it was not until she took an extended vacation that someone noticed the variance in the monthly financials and then investigated why a payment had not been made to the 'supplier', which then led to the whole sham being uncovered.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I disagree, there is not a week or two that goes by where there isn't a story about someone who was embezzling huge sums from a company that took them years to identify. One of my favorites was a woman who created a fake company and was sending 20K in payments every months for 'supplies', she had been doing it for years and year and it was not until she took an extended vacation that someone noticed the variance in the monthly financials for that month and then investigated why a payment had not been made to the 'supplier', which then led to the whole sham being uncovered.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should never go on vacation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 169.00
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

12,500 (OBO)
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elaut-auditors-come-knocking/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.