8 days ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by currieddog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210222_111206 (resized).jpg
    20210222_111312 (resized).jpg
    got9 (resized).jpg

#1 8 days ago

Hi, i am finishing restoring El dorado but i am having problem with one of the score reels. 100 doesnt reset for a new game. It does add score no problem and the game does boot up. So you can start a game even though it is stuck on some random number. I am just hoping i dont have to take the motor apart.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

#2 8 days ago

Check the switches on the 100 score reel. Since the game is starting, the reset logic thinks the reel is at zero. There are 3 switches. One closes at zero and opens for non-zero. One closes for all non-zero values, and one closes only for the 9 value. In addition to the actual switch contacts, inspect the wires to make sure the terminals aren’t shorted.

Good luck. This is one of the classic problems to fix.

Dave

#4 7 days ago
    Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

Check the switches on the 100 score reel. Since the game is starting, the reset logic thinks the reel is at zero. There are 3 switches. One closes at zero and opens for non-zero. One closes for all non-zero values, and one closes only for the 9 value. In addition to the actual switch contacts, inspect the wires to make sure the terminals aren’t shorted.
    Good luck. This is one of the classic problems to fix.
    Dave

I did check it out, if the score value is 9 it resets but not for other numbers. Also when the 10 unit reach a hundred it doesnt add it to 100, the 100 reel just stays at same number but if i hit something tgat gives me 100 it counts.

#5 7 days ago

Re post 3 you said "I did check it out'. What does that mean? Did you go through each of your score reel switches to validate they are tightened, cleaned and gapped in accord with the excellent narrative on pinrepair. It is difficult to provide further help unless you indicate precisely the problem and what you have done in relation to helpful posts.

#6 7 days ago

The 100 reel only resetting when it's at '9' is likely because its center switch is over-gapped and is *only* closing at 9, instead of being closed all the way from 1 to 9. It should close at 1 thru 9 and be open at 0.

The 10 reel not rolling over score to the 100 reel is likely the top-most switch on 10 reel is not closing at 9 or the switch is dirty.

Labels on diagram are when each switch should be closed, otherwise should be open. When adjusting, adjust the shorter blades, not the longer ones that are pushed by the actuator arm. Also begin by first tightening the screws on these switch stacks as they dry out with age and can lose their tightness.

got9 (resized).jpg

#7 7 days ago

Fantastic, i was looking at this a little wrong way thank you for great advices and picture. I did find out that i am missing part of a leaf on M switch and the contact on N switch.

Do you know where you can buy these little switches?

20210222_111206 (resized).jpg20210222_111312 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.50
    Magazines/books
    Pinball Magazine
    $ 24.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfields
    Pinball Inc
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 8,600.00
    Pinball Machine
    ELVIRA PREMIUM Out of stock
    The Pinball Place
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 360.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    PinShades
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    MUNSTERS TOPPER Out of stock
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 8.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Cabinet Parts
    BK Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside