Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by GSones
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

One day it works one day i fix one thing next something else goes wrong we all know how gottlieb machines are well im off tomorrow and looking for someone to come help me fix my El Dorado machine it. I will pay you for your services of course any help is very much appeiciated. Machine currently does not start game on ball one i have to press front red button many times till i can get the score reels back to zero then once that happens i have to have the ball come down the playfield then once it is in the outhole on ball 1 i press the red button and Sometimes if it has enough strength to go up the lane it will send it to the shooter lane and finally be active to play on ball 2.. i purchased an switch adjustment tool to try my best to straighten out the switches but sometimes that does not even help also i would love if the machine would accept quarters. Also having a problem with the flippers sometimes not shooting the ball fast enough up to top of playfield basically it needs to all around be srviced and checked anyone around the Central Virginia area that could come help me out tomorrow? (Also would like help to get my gottlieb atlantis to accept quarters to play as well) thank you for reading this long post i made. I have looked on various websites and youtube videos over the recent months and like i said at first gottliebs seem to need never ending work when your not a professional and i am not one so anyone that hears my SOS please HELP!

#2 4 years ago

I hear silence..

#3 4 years ago

I used to have one of these, great pin, classic really. I would recommend not messing with the switches if you don't know what you are doing, pretty easy to cause more problems by bending the contacts this way and that. Sorry can't help as I sold mine but there are a lot of great guys on here that will be able to help, just be patient. It may take some work and longer than you want but you definitely can get that machine going.

#4 4 years ago

Yeah.

#5 4 years ago

Ive had it running many times before but i have got to the point id rather just hand someone some money that knows more than me

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinaddict91:

Ive had it running many times before but i have got to the point id rather just hand someone some money that knows more than me

so like where are you?

#7 4 years ago

So are you near Roanoak? take it to Nick?

#8 4 years ago

Near charlottesville

#9 4 years ago

Anyone that can help today or be able to assist thru here please PM me. Thanks.

#10 4 years ago

Sounds like it might be a matter of cleaning contacts or repairing loose solder joints for the start button or outlane switches to register consistently. Might need a rebuild kit too for the flippers to improve their strength. On mine, I rebuilt all the flippers and put PBR's orange dot coils for the bottom ones and I can easily hit any of the top drops (assuming my shooting skill is up to par).

Good luck getting it going. It's a great game when up and running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/el-dorado-repair-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.