(Topic ID: 236697)

El Dorado match feature always comes up "40" as the match

By AdjustFailure

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My El Dorado works 100% except one thing that bugs me, it always comes up with "40" as the match at the end of the game.

I am guessing it is a simple thing like a stuck counter, wheel or relay but not sure where to look.

#2 5 years ago

Look in the head, and you should see a two sided small stepper unit - with the machine at game over, index it and see if your numbers change.

#3 5 years ago

Take a look at my video at

I go over general information about this relay.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks to both for pointing in right direction, that is helpful to isolate where to look to trouble shoot the match feature.

By the way Vic_Camp I noticed in your overview YouTube video of your Gottlieb EM collection,
you have blinking/flashing bulbs behind many of the backglasses that seem to flash faster than the typical GE #455 bulbs ...
what type of bulbs do you use for that?

#5 5 years ago

The match unit should tie to the 10 point relay. It rotates 1 position everytime you score 10 points. Check the schematic to be sure, but it could be an out of adjustment contact on the 10 point relay or a problem with the match unit coil itself.

#6 5 years ago

Turns out the match stepper unit had jammed and stopped moving. Cleaned that up and now working fine, thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chapel Hill, NC
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/el-dorado-match-feature-always-comes-up-40-as-the-match?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.