• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
124B1FB8-1FBB-40FF-B95A-391FF7AA6709 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

This happened about a year ago, while you are playing a game, every so often, the score motor will run- as if the ball drained, and the ball is still in play. When your playing on ball 5, and you hear the score motor turn- sometimes it ends the game, the flippers get power cut...and the ball drains.

Today- I cleaned all the score motor switches and when I played 2 games- this problem went away, game 3...It came back, but it seems like it’s not nearly as bad, in total- I played 10 games and now t ended early on 2.

Have you had the same problem? And if So, what should I be looking for?

Now that I have my El Dorado at my vintage clothing booth, It is getting played more (mainly by me)
I would imagine, more little things are going to pop up now and then.

124B1FB8-1FBB-40FF-B95A-391FF7AA6709 (resized).jpeg124B1FB8-1FBB-40FF-B95A-391FF7AA6709 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Have you checked your out hole switch?

#3 3 years ago

No sir- do you know what letter it is?

#4 3 years ago

I mean the switch in the out hole Under the apron that indicates ball over. It triggers the motor and the End of ball sequence.

It could be closing if not gapped properly or the wire lever needs adjustment.

#5 3 years ago

It’s easy to test. Insulate the switch with a piece of paper and play a ball. If that’s the problem the motor will never run. Leave the glass off since you need to grab the ball to keep playing it.

#6 3 years ago

Excellent B_K I’ll give that a try.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from MH:

Today- I cleaned all the score motor switches and when I played 2 games- this problem went away, game 3...It came back, but it seems like it’s not nearly as bad, in total- I played 10 games and now t ended early on 2.

I would make sure the relevant score motor sw. (2C ?) is not gapped too close.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

I would make sure the relevant score motor sw. (2C ?) is not gapped too close.

I’ll check that out too- Thanks

#9 3 years ago

The outhole switch was basically touching, when the ball wasn’t in the hole (problem solved)

Something else happened, sunk all the targets and they didn’t reset, that’s the first time that’s happened, since owning the pin for the last 8-10 years.

Recently I read another thread, with the same problem, I’m in no hurry- doesn’t the target reset go through a different path for the reset...

Thanks for the help and an easy fix- gapping the outhole relay.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from MH:

sunk all the targets and they didn’t reset

If the 5 target bank doesn't reset, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires, starting with the switch on the 5000 Point and Target Banks Reset relay (G)
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features
Example of a pinsider actually doing this https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-baron-tech-question#post-5858156
Be careful because this circuit runs on 120 volts

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11 3 years ago

I haven’t had time to address the drop target problem yet, but I want to make sure I understand this. The drop targets reset just fine with the start up of a new game, Is the schematic from above^^^
Is this the path responsible for resetting the drop targets- once you knock them all down while playing a game? Seeing that I cleaned all the switches on the score motor, somehow this must be related to the problem that was never there before?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from MH:

Is this the path responsible for resetting the drop targets- once you knock them all down while playing a game?

Yes

#13 3 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/el-dorado-finishing-a-game-early-ball-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.