Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6555 (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

Hi, i am in the middle of fixing El dorado. Great game..i have a couple of things i need to do like getting points from pop bumpers and fix one of the score reels but i am a little overwhelmed with the lower drop target bank as it doesnt reset at all. I think somehow the switch isnt getting juice as i cant manually trigger it. I do get points for the targets, the upper one does reset when all of the targets are down.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated?

#2 3 years ago

Almost all bank reset coils have their own fuse.

#3 3 years ago

I didnt think of checking the fuses

#4 3 years ago

so your lower bank of 5 won't reset the targets into their up position but the score/reset motor stops?

like you can start a game with the any of the 5 targets down?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

so your lower bank of 5 won't reset the targets into their up position but the score/reset motor stops?
like you can start a game with the any of the 5 targets down?

Yes, excactly. That is what i thought was odd. I can start and play a game no problem.

#6 3 years ago

okay, next i'd try to find out if the 5 bank target reset coil is getting a pulse.

no, wait, what about the switch on the other side of the drop target bank?
is it closing and making contact when a target drops?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

okay, next i'd try to find out if the 5 bank target reset coil is getting a pulse.
no, wait, what about the switch on the other side of the drop target bank?
is it closing and making contact when a target drops?

All the switches make contact when drops and give me points, they also make contact with the other bank to let know every bank target is down to reset but only the upper goes back up. I havent check if the coil is getting a pulse but i also dont think the switch to tell the coil to reset isnt getting a pulse either.

#8 3 years ago

just confirming here......

see the switch in the pic that sits atop a spring steel flap?

on the opposite side of the drop target switches, facing the left hand side?

my understanding, which could be wrong, is that when a target drops this switch opens letting the reset motor know a target is down.

but thinking a bit more, I think the banks coils get pulsed regardless.

it may only open when all drops are down.....it's been a while.

you could confirm this....upon start up does the rear target bank coil energize even with all targets up?

IMG_6555 (resized).JPGIMG_6555 (resized).JPG
#9 3 years ago

you could put a 24 volt car/truck globe across the terminals of the coil, it should flicker if it's getting a pulse

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

you could put a 24 volt car/truck globe across the terminals of the coil, it should flicker if it's getting a pulse

That will burn out the bulb because this circuit runs on full line 120v power.

#11 3 years ago

It's hard to tell from your picture because of glare, but it looks like the fuse near the coil is blown. Check the Motor 4B switch and the fuse by the coil.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12 3 years ago

The target bank fuse is a slow blow fuse. 2Amp if I remember correctly. Your schematic will confirm for sure.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

That will burn out the bulb because this circuit runs on full line 120v power.

thanks for the correction and apologies for misleading anyone, I thought the reset banks were 28volt.

having a schematic makes a difference and me wrong.

#14 3 years ago

You guys are good, really good. Thank you so much
It was a loose fuse "slap in the face"

3 months later
#15 2 years ago

I saw this thread about el dorado i am having a problem with my drop targets after moving my machine down stairs first off one of my targets broke off so in search of anyone with an extra target i could pay for or have on the top target bank? (JUST NEED 1) also all the drop targets drop but the first 6 on the top reset bank do NOt score any points please help anyone thanks

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from DodgersFan32:

anyone with an extra target i could pay for or have on the top target bank

Available here http://www.pbresource.com/eldorado.html

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from DodgersFan32:

all the drop targets drop but the first 6 on the top reset bank do NOt score any points

Sounds like a broken common wire on the drop target bank.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Sounds like a broken common wire on the drop target bank.

Where would i notice that and is that something that has to be soldered? And honestly i dont think that is the problem because when i lift the plafield up and push down on the individual switch stack for each one underneath points score? But they are adjusted perfectly the same as the last ones that do work? Also looking for used from someone on here

#19 2 years ago

The drop target scoring also runs through the Advance unit disk and wiper. If some work and others don't it should be easy to find the difference with the usual techniques of alligator clip jumper wires and blocking switches open with paper.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#20 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The drop target scoring also runs through the Advance unit disk and wiper. If some work and others don't it should be easy to find the difference with the usual techniques of alligator clip jumper wires and blocking switches open with paper.
[quoted image]

Thank u i will check this out tonight if i have questions i will dM u

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/el-dorado-drop-targets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.