New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 126087)

El Dorado CoG - phanthom scoring ?

By njPinWiz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

An intermittent problem is occurring on El Do City of Gold...every two or three games while playing an occasional ball the machine will start adding score for no reason. Even when holding the ball on the flipper it will add score. When the ball drains, the random scoring will stop & everything resets properly. Happens once in a while, but enough to be a bother. Any thoughts or suggestions? I looked closely at all under play field switches, they seem clean & adjusted properly. I cleaned and visually inspected the connectors too - they seem to be OK. Running the self-test doesn't indicate that anything is wrong. Other ideas on what I can try?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from njPinWiz:

An intermittent problem is occurring on El Do City of Gold...every two or three games while playing an occasional ball the machine will start adding score for no reason. Even when holding the ball on the flipper it will add score. When the ball drains, the random scoring will stop & everything resets properly. Happens once in a while, but enough to be a bother. Any thoughts or suggestions? I looked closely at all under play field switches, they seem clean & adjusted properly. I cleaned and visually inspected the connectors too - they seem to be OK. Running the self-test doesn't indicate that anything is wrong. Other ideas on what I can try?

Hmmm, have you tried this? While idle in a game, slap the playfield in various locations to see if it is vibration related. Look at the scoring, is it advancing by a specific point value (ex...is it going up 500 points at a time) any of those might indicate a switch getting stuck somewhere. I'm not familiar enough with Gottlieb solid state to tell you much more than that, this is a generic test you might do to any game in this situation.

#3 5 years ago

Worth a try, thanks wayout. will let you know if it helps.

#4 5 years ago

Sounds like just a switch without enough gap or that is otherwise stuck closed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 289.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sycamore, IL
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 170.96
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 22.00
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Wheezer
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside