Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by isJ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Went to play some El Dorado last night, played one game just fine. Hit start again for the next game and got the sound of the reels resetting.. over and over.. clickclickclick.. clickclickclick.. no ball kicked out.

Haven't touched anything since I got it last summer and it's played great.
Haven't moved anything, shopped it out recently but played over 50 games since then no problem.

Ideas what I should check? I know the game is "set on free play (switch closed in back)" but that's really all I know about what would be changed on this game. I haven't cracked open an EM before, so be gentle!

#2 8 years ago

do the score reels all reset to "0" ?

#3 8 years ago

I think it was #0000 when I looked. Was last night and my friends and I were playing, so I just powered down and we (sadly) moved to the other pins; will check and report back.

#4 8 years ago

Almost certainly a score reel problem. Each reel has two switches to detect when it's at zero:

One zero position switch opens at zero to prevent that reel from being advanced beyond zero when resetting.
One zero position switch closes at zero to complete continuity when all reels are at zero to tell the score motor the reset is complete.

There's also a nine position switch to allow the next reel to rollover (from 9 to 10 instead of 9 to 0).

You probably have a problem with one of the zero position switches on one of the score reels.

#5 8 years ago

So: check the switches behind the reel if one of the score reels is stuck, and make it look like the rest of them that work.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

So: check the switches behind the reel if one of the score reels is stuck, and make it look like the rest of them that work.

Yes, but you have to activate the reel by hand and watch which switches are open close as it goes thru a complete cycle.

#7 8 years ago

Thanks! I'll check it out tonight and report back with how I screwed everything up!

#8 8 years ago

This is basically the official reference on score reels. Clay's guide!

http://pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels

#9 8 years ago

Was able to fix it with everything linked. Was the hundreds reel and was very straightforward, thanks!

#10 8 years ago

Was an issue with the hundreds score reel. Figure it out with the information provided, thanks folks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chapel Hill, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/el-dorado-boot-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.