14568241_10210972127682707_5060623104488011913_n (resized).jpg
Ctam97-W8AARUeb (1) (resized).jpg
opinion (resized).jpg
1024px-Todd_MacCulloch_playing_pinball (resized).jpg
pf_metallica_11shots.jpg
if-it-aint-tight-it-aint-right-85951592 (resized).jpg
yep-its-just-you (resized).jpg
72A9C336-2A65-4675-B0EA-E34EB189BF75 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Russell I heard Zach and Joe talk about a poke at STERN . At some point you can pull a GB puffed marshmallow man out of the hat it is all burned and melted .

I've seen Russell play alot . He can shoot tight shots . He came to my home and with not much experience playing Avengers . Russell in one game on my Avengers LE made it to "Attack the Helicarrier" mini wizard mode . I thought he was going to beat my high score . Point is the man can shoot.

Guys, there's plenty of video showing how well it shoots. As
More come out I'm sure more reviews will bear out whether it's a keeper or whatever

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Jpop game would still be getting designed with shots to no where. I think there was something at expo with lights one year that was sort of JPOP's vision, then it was trashed and retooled.

There was (there's even video of it), but it is not remotely even the same game. It did not flip, no coils
were working (or even attached?) and there was no way for the ball to get to certain shots. Hey, like Magic Girl! Literally a "box of lights". I quite liked the art style on it, but in retrospect it owes a lot to Circus Voltaire, and based on how AP redesigned the game
From scratch, the new art style
Fits quite a bit better.

Here it is:

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Im so 50/50 on if I am getting this game. I want it but need GOTG to go or need to move something else.
I know the code is great and I like the challenging shots. My negative is I just do not tend to like one ramp games. I've owned a bunch and they never stay.
Rob Zombie is the only current exception.
Anyone else feel one ramp games suffer?

Dude, get rid of Batman! Lol

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

When I get additional information, I sometimes amend my thoughts...what do you do?

Very cool. We make the best decisions we can with the information we have at the time. Sometimes you get new information and it paints things in a different light. Doubling down in the face of new information leads to bad things...

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

...but if it was my only game I would probably smash it to pieces.

LOL! That made me laugh. You may be right! I have put in about 10 games on the prototype (not the shipping version), and had a really long game at the Allentown show, the timer ran out. Just had one of those super lucky games. I really did not find the shots to be that tight. I'm going up to play it again on Sunday. At allentown had a really long conversation with Rosh and Balcer, and they were just going into so much detail, it made the game all that much more fun to know the behind-the-scenes (not the Jpop drama, but the engineering that went into it). That is for sure one of the reasons I'm so high on this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/either-i-can%e2%80%99t-shoot-or-houdini-is-poorly-designed?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.