14568241_10210972127682707_5060623104488011913_n (resized).jpg
Ctam97-W8AARUeb (1) (resized).jpg
opinion (resized).jpg
1024px-Todd_MacCulloch_playing_pinball (resized).jpg
pf_metallica_11shots.jpg
if-it-aint-tight-it-aint-right-85951592 (resized).jpg
yep-its-just-you (resized).jpg
72A9C336-2A65-4675-B0EA-E34EB189BF75 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider InfiniteLives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 6 years ago

so does the code really not let you pay for 1 credit?

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The pricing section of service menu in the current code was missing the $1 for 1 Credit option, it had $1 for 1, $2 for 3 option. First locations with the game were either Swipe card, Free play or went with the $1 for 1, $2 for 3. Once it was reported, we have made the change and it will be in the code that will be released shortly. Some locations have a test version of that code, so you will see this on some machines already.
Someone posted an image of a screen showing $1.00 entered but no credits, I suspect they were given a credit, and then started the game, then tried to start another game, but there were no credits, which would show that screen, but at that point it was still showing $1.00 deposited towards a potential bonus credit. After a short time that would clear out and the bonus credit would no longer be available. I recently had a debate with another pinball manufacturer, where they chose to wipe that out and as soon as a game is started, so, if you want the bonus credit on their machine, you must put in all the money before you start a game.

okay cool, thanks for the explanation. I was thinking that meant you had to do the $2 for 3. (which I do in most cases anyways) Thought it was wild that you could not have just 1 credit tho

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

^^ This, well done Hilton.
Kevin, I only played it once but now I'm really anxious to meet you guys there and compare notes. And I did have some backhanding issues I'd like to explore with you. Like I said, not enough experience for me yet. - Let's find some time.

Kim,
Tuesday I am having a birthday party pinball tournament at the 1up Colfax. 3 strikes, made some trophies. A lot of pinheads will be there if you are available. 6:30 pm is the start time we are hoping for, depending on traffic from the Fort. I get off work at 5. Would be able to spit ball opinions on it from a lot of people then

20180129_141436 (resized).jpg20180129_141436 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#162 6 years ago

local joint got it last night. played 3 games, locked two balls each game haha. still cant master that shot. right orbit return SDTM. Middle left shot returns SDTM. Slings are not sensitive enough and dont ever really fire. Def needs some adjustments out of the box, but this is the one that was set up at TPF last weekend, didnt play it there but was hoping it was going to play a bit nicer. Hopefully it will get adjusted a bit to help some of the lame-o factor of bad returns. Cannon trunk only worked 1 time out of about the 10 attempts I saw. 1 ball got stuck off the rebound.

2 weeks later
#173 6 years ago

played 4 two player games last night with a friend, so saw 24 balls of play. Trunk lock shot never worked once. played a trunk mb each game, other player locked at least 1 ball each game, 2 most games.

on two separate lock attempts that missed the game did not give credit for the lock, every other missed shot it did give credit for the lock. not sure how that happens.

had an okay score of about 800,000 one game, other games around 400,000. seems most points are in modes and the multiballs are kind of pointless, and the magnets just throw the balls away any ways lol. the return feeds from the left orbit (ie shooting right orbit and it comes around) and the inner key shot lead sdtm if you dont nudge. cant be fun for noobs. luckily the tilt is pretty loose on the local one so you can save a decent amount of tough feeds.

on a side note, who came up with the idea of starting the ball saver once the ball leaves the switch on the shooter lane? So you cannot dial in where the plunger strength is prior to attempting the skill shots. super lame, if you short plunge and it stays in the lane the auto launcher fires it into the playfield.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Maybe so you only have one shot at it? It is a skill shot. Only time to practice is each ball plunge.

yeah i guess every game prior to this one its not a skill shot my bad. only other game I know of that does this is TNA.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It annoys me all to bat shit hell when in a tourny i see someone soft plunge 10 times.

ha, youre the type of player I want to play then if you can get under someones skin they usually play worse. if that bugs you i dont care, i am going to make sure i play the best game i can if that is me trying to soft plunge on GB 10 times so i can make my mode skill shot im gonna take as much time as possible to execute

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider InfiniteLives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/either-i-can%e2%80%99t-shoot-or-houdini-is-poorly-designed?tu=InfiniteLives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.