1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 178 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

know2 (resized).jpg
20180129_141436 (resized).jpg
14568241_10210972127682707_5060623104488011913_n (resized).jpg
Ctam97-W8AARUeb (1) (resized).jpg
opinion (resized).jpg
1024px-Todd_MacCulloch_playing_pinball (resized).jpg
pf_metallica_11shots.jpg
if-it-aint-tight-it-aint-right-85951592 (resized).jpg
yep-its-just-you (resized).jpg
72A9C336-2A65-4675-B0EA-E34EB189BF75 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

How do you not make a whitewood? Like, did they never attach parts to a playfield before they'd already applied the art? What? Unless they just drew it up in cad and sent it to the assembly line I don't understand how not making a whitewood is even possible.

Hard to believe, but, there was never a wired whitewood, we did test the catapult on a test board, but given the timeframe to get to TPF last year, we went right to the playfield with art. It was built by hand in a workshop, not on an assembly line -- if that makes you feel better

Quoted from flynnibus:

that doesn't mean the game hasn't had revisions though. It's not Joe's first rodeo...

The original prototypes went to TPF and other shows in the spring and summer. Revisions were made (to art as well as mechanics/placements) and those playfields were in the machines at Expo and in the production machines. So there have only been two versions of the playfield, but there were lots of little changes made to tweak shots, etc. Plenty of other changes made along the way in other aspects of the machine, ramps, wire forms, mechs, etc.

Quoted from Russell:

...I choose to believe the latter.

Not everyone will like the tight shooting and challenging shots of Houdini, but this video shows when you find your groove, it shoots pretty darn good . . .

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Btw is it $1 a game or $2 for 3?

Believe it or not I was so focused on testing pricing options that have bonus that I never noticed I forgot the one dollar for one game option in the service menu. it's the first game we've done and all of those things had to be created from scratch, and it is my first production machine, and no one noticed it missing. The latest version of code now on test has it, so you will see that show up next week, so take your bonus games while you can!

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

it had the wrong legs - 2" shorter

The should have correct legs in the next day or two.

For anyone everyone playing the games with the short legs, you can get a sense of what it is like when Todd MacCulloch plays, well, probably still not the same, but a little closer.

1024px-Todd_MacCulloch_playing_pinball (resized).jpg

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

so does the code really not let you pay for 1 credit?

The pricing section of service menu in the current code was missing the $1 for 1 Credit option, it had $1 for 1, $2 for 3 option. First locations with the game were either Swipe card, Free play or went with the $1 for 1, $2 for 3. Once it was reported, we have made the change and it will be in the code that will be released shortly. Some locations have a test version of that code, so you will see this on some machines already.

Someone posted an image of a screen showing $1.00 entered but no credits, I suspect they were given a credit, and then started the game, then tried to start another game, but there were no credits, which would show that screen, but at that point it was still showing $1.00 deposited towards a potential bonus credit. After a short time that would clear out and the bonus credit would no longer be available. I recently had a debate with another pinball manufacturer, where they chose to wipe that out and as soon as a game is started, so, if you want the bonus credit on their machine, you must put in all the money before you start a game.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where in Malvern?

Pinball gallery,

they posted that they are streaming Houdini tonight

1 month later
#171 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

I would never want to take anyone out of context. Joe does mention that a version of a whitewood was made, to evaluate "form and fit", but it was not "built, wired and played." I wonder if it had been "built, wired and played", if perhaps the tightness of some of those shots could've been identified and possibly altered.

Correct that there was no flippable or wired whitewood. Changes to shots could and were made after first prototypes shown last spring and before production this past fall.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside