Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Lovef2k
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

That's what a place in Chicago is asking. Seems absolutely ridiculous. What's a more realistic price? What about Eightball Champ? I think Champ is the one I really want anyway.

#2 10 years ago

There is one located in northern ontario for $1350 look on kijiji it would be a bit of a drive

#3 10 years ago

I have an Eightball Deluxe that I had restored. I am into it for more than $3500. I am not selling it. But with a new playfield , plastics, having the cabinet sanded and repainted,and everything restored to new I am into it for more than that. Just saying.

#4 10 years ago

A local dealer had on on there floor last month for $5995 I haven't been back to see if it sold? Cwazy

#5 10 years ago

If the damn thing was cherry maybe. Anything cherry deserves a premium...especially an A solid state title like EBD.

But that's nuts for a normal EBD. $1,500 Tops IMO, and it should be nice. But I'm guessing.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from aldo:

I have an Eightball Deluxe that I had restored. I am into it for more than $3500. I am not selling it. But with a new playfield , plastics, having the cabinet sanded and repainted,and everything restored to new I am into it for more than that. Just saying.

Like Aldo said in so many words. Most of these are beat to shit and need major work - playfield wear, chipped plastics, major cabinet dings, battery acid damage. It's a popular pin with universal appeal. $1500 will get you a fixer upper.

#7 10 years ago

if the game is completly restored from ground up and i mean everything, for a collector $3500 is a good price.
i did that with my playboy, and the game cost me about 3k as of right now and i'm not even finish yet.

personally i wouldn't sell my 8bdlx under $1800

#8 10 years ago

Hmmm... Thx all

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from aldo:

I've seen Aldo's copy when it was at a local techs place. I had never seen an EBD in better shape. It was just above and beyond the others I have seen. There probably are not very many EBD machines worth that kind of coin, but that was one of them. So if they are asking 35 for an amazing restore with a new playfield and everything wonderfully dialed in so it is a showpiece the plays amazing? Sure, they can be worth it. But if they are asking that for a regular average EBD, no way.

As for EBD vs EBC, I realize some folks like EBC. It just leaves me cold. I was going to do all 3 (EB, EBD, EBC), but Champ just bores me. The their 2 games are so much fun, but C is just a mess. That is only opinion. If I had by choice between a beater EB or a NIB EBC, the EB would be mine. EBD is the best of the bunch.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from aldo:

Aldo brings up a good point here. It costs a fair amount of coin to restore/refurbish any game these days. Start adding up the parts and you can be in the thousands of dollars in no time. Don't forget to add in the cost of a base game, too.

#11 10 years ago

If it were Collector quality restored to perfect condition, that price is fair. Id pay 3K for one. Let me know if you have one.

mike

#12 10 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe is one of the most sought-after pins of all-time.

Eight Ball Champ isn't even in the same league as Eight Ball Deluxe.

The last two fully-restored Eight Ball Deluxe machines I had were sold for $4500 each (and they sold very quickly).

I currently have two super-nice ones here right now that are keepers.

You couldn't even make me think of selling either one for under $3500.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from sfish:

A local dealer had on on there floor last month for $5995 I haven't been back to see if it sold? Cwazy

Dam that's a lot. Where was that?

#15 10 years ago

Are you reading this Methos?

#16 10 years ago

All games will be at least 10K by this time next year.

#17 10 years ago

Is this turning into one of those "Pinside pinflation" threads?

lol

#18 10 years ago

I don't know where some of you guys are getting your $3500 for an EBD refurb or $3K for a Playboy. I just did a Playboy with newly stenciled cab, CPR playfield, plastics, caps, rubbers, etc, and it didn't cost me anywhere near $3K. Same with an EBD I did a few years back. I didn't bother doing the cab but still sold it for $2300, and that included some profit.

I guess if you start buying brand new coin doors, side rails, boards, etc., then you can try real hard and get close to those amounts, but you have to really be trying.

#19 10 years ago

I have never seen an Eight ball Deluxe that was not worn out. I have put a lot of quarters into various EBD pins. Most had a lot of play field wear. Ya! If I found really nice I would buy it.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

That's what a place in Chicago is asking. Seems absolutely ridiculous. What's a more realistic price? What about Eightball Champ? I think Champ is the one I really want anyway.

If you think that's ridiculous, what about these Xenons on epay for $3to 4K unrestored!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

I don't know where some of you guys are getting your $3500 for an EBD refurb or $3K for a Playboy. I just did a Playboy with newly stenciled cab, CPR playfield, plastics, caps, rubbers, etc, and it didn't cost me anywhere near $3K. Same with an EBD I did a few years back. I didn't bother doing the cab but still sold it for $2300, and that included some profit.
I guess if you start buying brand new coin doors, side rails, boards, etc., then you can try real hard and get close to those amounts, but you have to really be trying.

Big difference in money between doing a playfield swap with some new parts and refurbishing a game. It really depends on what you are going to do to the game. Parts add up fast. Just off the top of my head, I am sure that hard costs to complete my new cabinet for EBD was over a $1000 just by itself.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

I think $3500 is nothing for a restored Bally game these days. I partially restored a Xenon in 2009 and sold it for $3500. Of course the game was immaculate when I was finished. I did an EBD in 2010 and sold for $4800 at a loss. I guess it just depends on the level of restoration that's involved. I restored an F2K in 2012 and sold for $6500. These games take a lot of work and time to bring them to a like new condition as you know.

What kills me is that games of the early 90's are still selling for $4000 unrestored.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

Yea that's a good point. I believe the major difference between DIY restoration and paying someone else to do it accounts for many hundreds or thousands of dollars, so some sellers build in 3rd party labor and shipping costs.

#24 10 years ago

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay....there are some people willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for games these days.

Personally, I wouldn't pay any more than $1,500 for an EBD...but that's just me.

#25 10 years ago

I think a fair price for a decent EBD is in the $1500-$2000 range. I've searched out and bought two this year and this seems to be the acceptable range.
However, I did score an original 1981 edition is fantastic shape with factory Mylar playfield and scored it for only $2000. I would have gone as high as $2500 for that one. I think anything over that is getting excessive for this title... but that will also vary by geography.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I think $3500 is nothing for a restored Bally game these days. I partially restored a Xenon in 2009 and sold it for $3500. Of course the game was immaculate when I was finished. I did an EBD in 2010 and sold for $4800 at a loss. I guess it just depends on the level of restoration that's involved. I restored an F2K in 2012 and sold for $6500. These games take a lot of work and time to bring them to a like new condition as you know.
What kills me is that games of the early 90's are still selling for $4000 unrestored.

Rich, Your restoration of classic games are over the top. I cannot believe some of the products you produce. I can understand why that F2K garnered $6.5k. It was simply incredible. Every detail , in every single area perfectly restored to perfection. Just amazing...

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Rich, Your restoration of classic games are over the top. I cannot believe some of the products you produce. I can understand why that F2K garnered $6.5k. It was simply incredible. Every detail , in every single area perfectly restored to perfection. Just amazing...

Thanks Bill, I'm half way through another F2K resto and have a Flash Gordon next in line. I'm using a re-screened pf in this F2K. All those parts you sent are finally going to get used

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eightball-deluxe-3500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.