• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211116-084948.png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the round stand up target in the top left corner of an 77 Eight Ball is for?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2 2 years ago

I've wondered that myself for some time. Looking at the switch matrix chart, my guess would be it's the "Score 500 Round Target":
Screenshot_20211116-084948.pngScreenshot_20211116-084948.png

Looks like it just scores 500 points.

#4 2 years ago

It also lights the spinner and advances bank shot one unit.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I believe you are thinking of the target at the top right. The OP is referencing the target at the top left.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Advancing the bank shot makes sense given the graphic on the plastic next to it. Sure about the spinner?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

I believe you are thinking of the target at the top right. He is referencing the target at the top left.

I see you have an Eight Ball in your collection. Would you mind verifying?

#8 2 years ago

Oh, yeah. I thought you meant the rectangle target. Sorry. Not sure if the round red one does anything beyond 500 pts.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Escapism:

I see you have an Eight Ball in your collection. Would you mind verifying?

The top left small round target scores 500 points.

Top top right rectangle target scores 500 points and lights the spinner for 1,000 points a spin. It also lights the kickback for the left side drain, which turns off and needs to be lit again after a kickback.

To score and advance the "Bank Shot" bonus multiplier amounts all the way until an extra ball, you need to make the horseshoe shot over the star rollover. You can also advance these by completing all four lanes at the top of the playfield and then hitting whichever of the middle two lanes are lit.

After completing the lit seven balls the top right target lights for the "8 Ball". Hitting this while lit gives you a "Super Bonus" on the next ball, which holds over until the end of the game.

Bonus multipliers and lit spinner shots all day in this game! Great shots and a great game when dialed in and playing fast. A waxed playfield and tight gaps on the pop and sling switches make this game fly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 99.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-stand-up-target and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.