7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by klr650
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cody_chunn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from jrkitty:

about a year ago I repaired and shopped my Bally Eight Ball that had been sitting broken since I purchased the game in non-working condition. I installed a new Alltek CPU board, and new Rottendog PS Driver, and a new Rottendog rectifier board near the transformer. I also installed new Rottendog LED displays. The only original board left is the lamp driver. The game was then placed on my route powered on 24-7 and has worked fine for the last year.
A few weeks ago I noticed the game was occasionally resetting itself for no particular reason. Then a few week later it was off and would no longer boot, however the playfield and back box GI is lit. I powered the game off and on a few times, with same result.
I changed the Alltek CPU, and same result so I puuled the game from location and brought it back to my shop. Here is the results of test point voltages, all with the ground lead of meter on board ground test points:
PS Driver
+5v = 5.003
+12v = 16.61
+180v = 188.2
+300v = 257.7
Rectifier Board
5.4vdc = 7.34dc
230vdc = 10.75dc
11.9vdc = 16.7dc
7.3vac = 7.22ac
43vdc = 50.64vdc
while testing the voltages occasionally I would hear (what sounded like a solenoid click) and the game would boot for a few seconds, then go off again with on GI lit. This happened several times.
Any ideas????
thanks in advance for any help

Looks like the only voltage way off is for high voltage / displays...which will not prevent boot,

As mentioned ALL the connectors MUST be rebuilt or you will be chasing ghosts in the machine till the End Of Days.

After that is done, power up while watching the MPU board and see what the diagnostic LED says.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kent, WA
$ 99.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cody_chunn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-need-help-please?tu=cody_chunn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.