Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KeithJFro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191106_223604_001_1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KeithJFro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi I have a 1977 eight ball pinball machine

I was playing it and then all of the sudden the main back glass lights do not work

And the main playfield lights do not work including the three bumpers lights

Everything else works, the balls racked in the middle of the playfield lights work, the target lights work, the scoring lights work.

Even the lights on the numbers 1 2 3 and 4 for each player on the back glass work.

Plays fine.

I'm a beginner when it comes to trying to fix this stuff so any help would be appreciated

Thank you...

#3 4 years ago

Like I said it's all foreign to me trying to fix this thing so any help you could give me I would really appreciate it

Where is that board I know it's in where the back glass is but which one is it?

#4 4 years ago

It has to be the fuses because now and I'm trying to fix it I can't even get through a ball and just blacks out and it turns on, blacks out then it turns on blacks out and turns on

#9 4 years ago

I could be playing, and then the game just acts like I turned it off and then back on

I had this issue before, and then I had a guy come out and look at it and he replaced all the burnt-out bulbs and it stopped doing it.

#10 4 years ago

Before the blackout started, the GI lights were out

I was just playing and they went out, never flickered off and on they were just out.

But everything else worked fine.

#13 4 years ago

Thanks Bill and everybody

I will probably do that sometime today when I get home

I've waited 20 years to own this machine along with original Playboy and I finally got them

I have a feeling I'll be restoring this eight ball machine like an old car LOL

Playboy on the other hand is damn near flawless

#14 4 years ago

Screen shot of the lights out before the blackout started.

That's not an in play shot, but all the target lights work except for the small green light on the top right in the "merry go round" because there is no bulb in it. But I do know the circuit does work when there is a bulb that works in it.

The bumpers in the middle of the playfield, and all the regular lights do not work and neither does the lights across the top of the back glass for the Eight Ball banner

Working lights on the back glass below...

The same player shoots again, numbers one through four on each player next to the score, ball in play, high score to date, the round numbers 1 through 4 on the bottom left. GAME OVER.

The high score is saved when the machine is off.

20191106_223604_001_1 (resized).png20191106_223604_001_1 (resized).png
    #16 4 years ago

Oh I know.

Those were taken last night I haven't had a chance to get home yet to do anymore today

#18 4 years ago

How much does it cost to get fixed?

I have a short video of the blackout but can't post it here I don't think.

#21 4 years ago

This should be the blackout video

1 week later
    #23 4 years ago

Hi everybody

The machines are up and running, he repinned the connectors on the top right board.

On the right side

Working fine now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KeithJFro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-lights-don-t-work?tu=KeithJFro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.