4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

The switch problem might be tilting the game. Does the tilt light come on?

The capacitors on the switches do fail and cause a stuck closed symptom. If the switch is open but the test mode is showing it closed cut one end of the capacitor loose and see if it clears. There is usually a capacitor near the plumb bob tilt or roll ball tilt in the cabinet.

A limitation of the switch test is that it will only show the lowest switch number that is closed. So if a switch matrix problem is making the CPU read switches 2,10,18,26,34 as closed switch test will only tell you 2 is closed because it is the lowest switch number.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Bob:

First of all I want to thank everyone who replied here. I am fairly new to pinside and what a great group of people with willingness to help. BarakandI, I failed to remember that when troubleshooting any problem always look at the obvious first. Yes, the tilt plumb bob was off the hook and shorting out causing the game to freeze. I had the backglass off so I never saw the tilt light come on. My bad.......
On the switch error, I clipped the cap off and now the error is gone and the switch works fine. Should I replace that cap or just leave it off? The game seems to now play fine.

It will work without the cap but switch may not register/score fast quick hits. If you think it's playing fine without you can leave it off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-freezes?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.